Giant Bomb review mentioned?

#1 Posted by Scribbly (404 posts) -

I was browsing Live Arcade and I came across this on the page for Limbo:

"Uncertain of his Sister's Fate, a Boy enters LIMBO..."
"Giant Bomb - 5/5" 
"Destructoid - 10/10" etc etc.

This is the first time I've ever seen a GB review quoted anywhere... is the site finally gaining kudos as a reviewer of games?

#2 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5813 posts) -

I doubt too many websites gave it a perfect score. So in looking for scores to post, they probably chose the highest ones they could find, GB being one of them.

That's my take on it.

#3 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -

Perhaps...and if so, it is good for Microsoft to publish Giant Bomb's score of a game on Live Arcade. Looks like GB is getting respect among other reviewers.

#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

That's neat. If I recall corectly brad was quoted on the back of the retail of Trine. I could be making that up though.
#5 Posted by Guyzea (816 posts) -

Ryan was quoted on some bootleg chinese game once.

#6 Edited by ez123 (1955 posts) -

Nuts and Bolts says "Best Xbox 360 Exclusive" - GiantBomb on the upper-left of the box art.  At least the version that has Nuts and Bolts and Viva Pinata bundled does.

@FancySoapsMan

said:

" I doubt too many websites gave it a perfect score. So in looking for scores to post, they probably chose the highest ones they could find, GB being one of them.  That's my take on it. "

It has 16 perfect scores on metacritic.
#7 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

They were quoted on the Braid website before.

#8 Posted by AuthenticM (3706 posts) -

Ryan was quoted in the New-York Fucking Times.

#9 Posted by Scribbly (404 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:
" Ryan was quoted in the New-York Fucking Times. "
Wasn't that the New Yorker? That was the one with the Uh-Uh-Uh-Uh quote and where they referred to the Bombcast as charmingly garrulous.
#10 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Didn't Brad have a quote on the back of a Banjo Nuts and Bolts box? Or am I just crazy?

#11 Posted by stinky (1544 posts) -

Giantbomb – 5/5* 

* but please don't ask Jeff about it.

#12 Posted by AuthenticM (3706 posts) -
@Smiley26: Oh that's right. Well, I was close enough. :)
#13 Posted by zepp (230 posts) -
@Guyzea said:
" Ryan was quoted on some bootleg chinese game once. "
HAWT.
#14 Edited by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

While perusing Steam's storefront, I've noticed a GameFAQs review cited for one game, and a quote from Tycho Brahe for another. All the reviews on GameFAQs are written by users, and Tycho Brahe is a fictional character. Keep that in mind when considering whether this means the site is "gaining kudos as a reviewer of games".

#15 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@LordAndrew: 

What game is that? I'm hoping it's bad just so I have one more reason to hate GameFAQs.
#16 Posted by Scribbly (404 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" While perusing Steam's storefront, I've noticed a GameFAQs review cited for one game, and a quote from Tycho Brahe for another. All the reviews on GameFAQs are written by users, and Tycho Brahe is a fictional character. Keep that in mind when considering whether this means the site is "gaining kudos as a reviewer of games". "
Fair point. Although by Tycho it could mean Jerry Holkins, because Tycho is his alias. But yeah, GameFAQs. No.
#17 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

When I was doing some expert zone stuff for Microsoft I saw a quote from Brad about Fable 2. I PM'd Brad about it and he had no idea they used it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.