Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Limbo

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jul 21, 2010

A young boy seeks to rescue his lost sister from the dreary, dangerous world of Limbo in this monochrome puzzle-platformer.

Limbo: Final Verdict

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 29

Edited By RAmpersaND

Limbo features a captivating world full of clever puzzles, a cryptic story about rescuing a girl to save oneself, and a curious ending that arrives just slightly too soon. In these respects, Limbo has much in common with two exceptional (and, frankly, superior) titles from gaming's recent past: 2001's Ico and 2008's Braid.

The Good:  The art style. The level design. The many frights!

The Bad: The virtually non-existent story. The disappointing brevity.

The Stand-out Moment: Meeting your first of many grisly demises.

The Verdict: 8.5 out of 10.

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RAmpersaND

Limbo features a captivating world full of clever puzzles, a cryptic story about rescuing a girl to save oneself, and a curious ending that arrives just slightly too soon. In these respects, Limbo has much in common with two exceptional (and, frankly, superior) titles from gaming's recent past: 2001's Ico and 2008's Braid.

The Good:  The art style. The level design. The many frights!

The Bad: The virtually non-existent story. The disappointing brevity.

The Stand-out Moment: Meeting your first of many grisly demises.

The Verdict: 8.5 out of 10.

Avatar image for bloodofthenorth
    BloodOfTheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BloodOfTheNorth

Just a little hint that your actually looking for your sister, other than the marketplace description would have went a long way. Other than that it's nigh on perfect, I think if it were too long it may have become tedious.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By WickedCestus

Umm, shouldn't this be a review instead of a forum post?

RAmpersaND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RAmpersaND
    @BloodOfTheNorth: The game's official XBLA description might have been something that Microsoft's marketing department forced upon Playdead after learning that Limbo wouldn't have any sort of concrete story. I didn't learn until after I'd already completed the game that "look for your sister" is allegedly your objective, and I think I actually would've enjoyed the experience less if I had gone into the game believing that.

@supermike6: I suppose you're right, but back when I started this blog, I didn't even think to post my reviews of games separately. And now, I like having all of my "First Impressions" and "Final Verdict" write-ups together in one place. Plus, my "verdicts" are always so short that they hardly qualify as real "reviews"!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.