Limbo Theme

#1 Edited by EightBitShik (1342 posts) -

I had some left over points after "Saving" the rest for Hydro and Castlevania. So I bought the theme last night. It's pretty cool but wasn't as trippy as I thought it would be. But to be honest I have had horrible themes in the past and at this point I was sick of using the really bland FF13 one. The themes have been a big disappointment hell my gf uses a Halo one because that is the best one she thought and it's terrible.  I'll see if I can take some screen shots when I get home not sure how it will turn out since I don't have a "REAL" camera for anyone that is interested.

PS - If you know if a really good theme that I have over looked let me know. I used to love the old blade set up with the G1 Transformers but with the way the dash looks now it's terrible looking with it.

#2 Posted by Andrela (622 posts) -

I just use the night one that comes as standard. Never seen a theme that merited spending money on it

#3 Posted by ajamafalous (12154 posts) -
@Andrela said:
" I just use the night one that comes as standard. Never seen a theme that merited spending money on it "
#4 Posted by VoodooTerror (607 posts) -

i have a great left 4 dead that came free with an xbox magazine, there's even a green glow on the friends list to "zombify" the avatars up

#5 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
@Andrela said:
" I just use the night one that comes as standard. Never seen a theme that merited spending money on it "
Same here.
#6 Posted by Avisole (24 posts) -

http://www.themexbox.com/

#7 Posted by ScottishGamer (215 posts) -
@Avisole said:
" http://www.themexbox.com/ "

Thats a cool site. Its annoying that you are unable to preview the themes. At best there is a tiny picture to show you what it looks like. 
#8 Posted by Moth_Pope (458 posts) -

The Fallout 3 one is good. I've been using it for a while. So is one of the COD:WAW themes (the Nazi Zombie one, I think). But I agree overall - quite a lot of crappy ones. Would be nice if they had a sort of Theme Designer on the dashboard.

#9 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

I use the 1 vs 100 one, that shit is hot and it was free

#10 Posted by T00MuchSteeze (157 posts) -

Yea I bought the LIMBO theme as well. Kinda disappointing but it still makes my dash creepy as hell. 

#11 Posted by Kiemoe (1058 posts) -

It's all about Meet the Volkswagons, in my opinion.

#12 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

I've been using the Fallout 3 one, but I did get the Limbo one and I like it.

#13 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

The only premium theme I have ever bought was ATHF, and I still use it.

#14 Posted by dunderri (161 posts) -

The Limbo one is alright, I just wish they had a changing background for channels that I actually visit...

#15 Posted by EightBitShik (1342 posts) -
@dunderri: I agree, It would also be hot if you visit a friends profile you could see there theme.
#16 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1390 posts) -

I use the bright falls theme that came with Alan Wake, it's very nice and I would probably have paid for it.

#17 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I only ever use ones that came free or ones I put on there through my computer. I've paid for one or two in the past and it was never worth it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.