Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Limbo

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jul 21, 2010

A young boy seeks to rescue his lost sister from the dreary, dangerous world of Limbo in this monochrome puzzle-platformer.

Possibility of DLC?

XFastfireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By XFastfireX

With a game like Braid, extra levels of any sort just wouldn't work- the sense of progression in gameplay terms was inextricably linked with the narrative. With Limbo I think, due to the ambiguity of the story, extra content would work well, and probably integrate quite seamlessly with the rest of the experience. I know it's early, and some people who just shelled out $15 won't be in a hurry to spend any more, but do you think we'll see any DLC? What would you like to see? Would you mind paying for it or would you insist upon it being free?

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By jimi

So long as I don't have to guide his sister like the girl from ICO it could be alright.

JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JammyJesus

Basicaly, indie game, how many indie games get DLC?
    XFastfireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By XFastfireX
    @JammyJesus said:
    " Basicaly, indie game, how many indie games get DLC? "
    True, but seeing as this has been so critically successful, if Microsoft think they could milk it for more cash, they might encourage Playdead to do more I guess.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Andorski

The usual course of action for popular downloadable games is to just make a sequel.  I wouldn't hold my breathe for DLC, but another game from these developers is (hopefully) inevitable.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DrPockets000

Any more Limbo, whether it's DLC or a sequel, would be awesome and something I would be willing to pay for.

XFastfireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By XFastfireX
    @Andorski said:
    " The usual course of action for popular downloadable games is to just make a sequel.  I wouldn't hold my breathe for DLC, but another game from these developers is (hopefully) inevitable. "
    Yeah, lets hope they don't do a Jonathan Blow and just not bother with the concept again.
    eillothebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By eillothebadger
    @XFastfireX: It's true about the price tag. I was led to believe that this would be a 5 and a half hour deal. In truth maybe 2 and a half, I don't consider replaying to get one "Don't die" achievement game longevity. Following Worms Armageddon  missing so many of the weapons from the PC/GB originals, and the obvious issues with the Stimulus maps for MW2,  XBL is going dowwwwnhill in my opinion with the inevitable pungee pit at the bottom just for good measure (overpriced DLC pit sold seperately)
    XFastfireX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By XFastfireX
    @eillothebadger said:
    " @XFastfireX: It's true about the price tag. I was led to believe that this would be a 5 and a half hour deal. In truth maybe 2 and a half, I don't consider replaying to get one "Don't die" achievement game longevity. Following Worms Armageddon  missing so many of the weapons from the PC/GB originals, and the obvious issues with the Stimulus maps for MW2,  XBL is going dowwwwnhill in my opinion with the inevitable pungee pit at the bottom just for good measure (overpriced DLC pit sold seperately) "
    It's content isn't always great, and the prices almost never are, but let's not forget forget that the service has some real gems- Shadow Complex is an example of some of the great exclusive stuff devs are willing to make for XBLA... granted, with the exception of that, XBLA exclusives never tend to stay that way for long.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.