Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Limbo

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Jul 21, 2010

A young boy seeks to rescue his lost sister from the dreary, dangerous world of Limbo in this monochrome puzzle-platformer.

Soooooo, Limbo...

TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By TerraDelu

Not a review, just some thoughts: 

I always wanted to play Limbo, but after reading reviews I didn't want to drop $15 on such a short experience. Between listening to the GOTY Bombcasts and the $5 price drop, I bought it. My feelings on that game fall somewhere between Jeff's and Brad's. I think that it is a stunning world and the tone it creates is second to none. Limbo is to me the number one bullet-point in the "Games as Art" discussion. That said, it wasn't that great of a game. The puzzle solving was clever at times, but it was never really "fun". While the world was digging it's hooks into me, the gameplay was taking them out. Particularly during some of the more frustrating, ultra-precise platforming sequences. Overall, I'm happy I experienced it, but it certainly isn't changing my Top 10 List

TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By TerraDelu

Not a review, just some thoughts: 

I always wanted to play Limbo, but after reading reviews I didn't want to drop $15 on such a short experience. Between listening to the GOTY Bombcasts and the $5 price drop, I bought it. My feelings on that game fall somewhere between Jeff's and Brad's. I think that it is a stunning world and the tone it creates is second to none. Limbo is to me the number one bullet-point in the "Games as Art" discussion. That said, it wasn't that great of a game. The puzzle solving was clever at times, but it was never really "fun". While the world was digging it's hooks into me, the gameplay was taking them out. Particularly during some of the more frustrating, ultra-precise platforming sequences. Overall, I'm happy I experienced it, but it certainly isn't changing my Top 10 List

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.