Steam sale - $2!!!

#1 Posted by Xeirus (1298 posts) -

Just putting it up in case anyone is missing it, Limbo is only $2.50 on steam for today.

If you haven't played this game (or just couldn't beat it) you need to get this!

#2 Posted by csl316 (8454 posts) -

Is it really worth $2.49?  I'm just going to endlessly, stupidly compare it to Braid.

#3 Edited by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

I still don't feel like playing it. Just aaaah not my style. Too deliberate, I guess. I want a more action-focused platformer. Meat Boy is more my pace.

#4 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@csl316 said:

Is it really worth $2.49? I'm just going to endlessly, stupidly compare it to Braid.

It is a great game. Never played Braid, only know that people love comparing the two are 'artistic games' but thats besides the point. The puzzles are great, the atmosphere is simply astounding and the """narrative""" it has is really well done.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19329 posts) -

That's $.50 cheaper than Alpha Protocol was 2 months ago!

...Sure, I'll bite for that price.

#6 Posted by csl316 (8454 posts) -
@Dany said:

@csl316 said:

Is it really worth $2.49? I'm just going to endlessly, stupidly compare it to Braid.

It is a great game. Never played Braid, only know that people love comparing the two are 'artistic games' but thats besides the point. The puzzles are great, the atmosphere is simply astounding and the """narrative""" it has is really well done.

Downloading it now.  My understanding is that it's super minimalistic, and a lot of people just talk about art style.  I like cool art and puzzles, so hopefully it lives up to expectations.

Oh, and you should REALLY play Braid.  Some of the coolest puzzle action I've ever encountered.  And artistically sublime.
#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Damn you and your misleading titles! I was going to buy it, but I don't have the $.49 to spare. That's too rich for my blood.

#8 Posted by csl316 (8454 posts) -

How long is it, by the way?  I'm just curious if I should just plow through it in one sitting tomorrow.

#9 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@csl316 said:

Braid is far better- better puzzles, beautiful colors, and it actually has music. It's really good music, at that.

Limbo is one of the most overrated games in years, but perhaps it's worth a couple bucks.

#10 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@csl316 said:

How long is it, by the way? I'm just curious if I should just plow through it in one sitting tomorrow.

I'd say three hours. I would not expect too much. It is no braid.

#11 Posted by whistlebottom (193 posts) -

@csl316: It's definitely worth $2.50. Unless you know the game isn't your style, it's worth a try, and this current price isn't asking too much.

#12 Posted by csl316 (8454 posts) -
@whistlebottom: Yeah, $2.49 is kind of a no brainer.

Though my purchase of Chu Chu Rocket on Android for 99 cents might be a better deal.
#13 Posted by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -

Go for it. It has an amazing atmosphere and some nice puzzles. Although, I would say that the whole experience seemed a bit hollow - it set itself up for an interesting story, but ultimately, the narrative seemed much too ambiguous and never felt like it really went anywhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.