ermac_25's LIMBO (Xbox 360 Games Store) review

Beautiful, and seductive one night stand of an XBLA title

When I tried Limbo I couldn't shake the feeling that the game felt like a one-trip pony but in a good way. First things first Limbo without a doubt this year's most unique XBLA title to be released yet as the visuals are amazing as it is frightening. In this journey, we follow the exploits of a boy who enters the realm of Limbo and that's pretty much the story in a nutshell. Many critics love this game enough to warrant the 15 bucks the game asks of you but here's what the issue is when it comes to games like this and other titles like Braid. The gameplay is simple and death is almost unavoidable at times but like that girl you dated in high school, she's all looks and little substance. That being said in order to get most of the game you must interpret the world in which the boy is in and without a doubt is very depressing and cruel like our dog eat dog. The gameplay although is simple, getting progressively harder towards the end and leaves us with an ending that baffles and satisfies. Limbo is a great game, I recommend it to those who are fans of horror and to those looking for a unique experience. Come into this with an open mind and you may find a gem of a game.