This, children, is why we can't have anything good these days.

#1 Posted by Pepsiman (2458 posts) -

Link: The Faces of Evil has a lot of problems. Make no mistake about it. There is indeed a reason as to why the game and its other CD-i cohorts aren't exactly a part of the official canon these days. Recently, however, I think I found the root of all of the issues. It's not the gameplay, the cutscenes, the voice acting or any of that stuff. No, I present to you all the real culprit below:

Just look at Link's face in that ending screenshot. Just what sort of demonic thing is he really thinking about? Clearly, something is pleasing him and he's not letting the rest of us in on it. I think it's the fact that we're left never knowing what's happening in his psyche, what dastardly things he's pondering at that moment, really, that makes the game as bad as it is. Agree? Disagree? Discuss.
#2 Posted by doomguy77 (32 posts) -

I lol'd but, dude ... why?  And how did you even find this?

#3 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

What

#4 Edited by JackiJinx (3087 posts) -

Well... 

Link's a player
#5 Posted by doomguy77 (32 posts) -

#6 Posted by RelentlessKnight (963 posts) -

I totally know what Link is thinking about but this is a family-related forum...

#7 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

Gee, it sure is boring around here.
#8 Posted by shanchett99 (167 posts) -
and as link and squadala man's eyes met, they shared the same thoughts. both with a smile to scare a child,they planned. with 2 men,1 women, 1 carpet, a new creature was born....1carpet1girl.
#9 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@doomguy77 said:
"
"
#10 Posted by natetodamax (19164 posts) -

wat is this i dont even

#11 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -

Lets all be honest here: buttsecks

#12 Posted by Bucketdeth (8002 posts) -

Haha, I loved when AVGN reviewed these.

#13 Posted by JackiJinx (3087 posts) -

To give this thread a more serious reply, Link's not the only one that's creepy. I think his journey seriously affected him. For instance, 

One "happy" pig

His happy rear

His happy...umm...

Oh god, Link! What have you done?!
#14 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2502 posts) -

*Waits for somebody to post a Zelda related Youtube Poop*

#15 Posted by Pepsiman (2458 posts) -
@JackiJinx: True, when you put it that way, then Link's insanity is understandable. Perhaps in secret, these games are chronicling his slow journey into the depths of insanity and despair. The pig sequence is therefore symbolic of his first encounter with Salvador Dali's Persistence of Memory. Link just may be the most tragic hero to have graced video games.
#16 Edited by Shadow (4977 posts) -

@Emandudeguyperson said:

" *Waits for somebody to post a Zelda related Youtube Poop* "

*sigh* 
#17 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2408 posts) -

#18 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -
@BigBoss1911 said:
"
"
AHAHHAHAHHHHAHHA A CAT LOOLOLOOLLOLL SO FUNNHY...sd.f.asdf
#19 Edited by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -
@slinky6: You, sir, have brightened up my day.
#20 Posted by maimran91 (358 posts) -

No wonder why stuff like this is so popular

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.