Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Little King's Story

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 24, 2009

Little King's Story is a simulation RPG co-developed by Town Factory and Cing for the Nintendo Wii and published by Marvelous Entertainment. Playing as the young King of a Village, the goal is to expand the kingdom and make its population happy.

Little King Story - Any Buyers?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    No Caption Provided

Is anyone else in Europe picking up this awesome game on Friday?. I've been waiting on this for ages now, since it was first shown at TGS two years back. It's done pretty well in reviews so far, independent UK Nintendo magazine, NGamer, recently gave the game a healthy score of 92%.

The game will be available on US shores on June 23rd.

The art is dreamy...

Little King's Story  (walkthrough)

Trailer

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By teptom

I've been wanting to play this game for a long time. I'm happy it's getting the reviews it's getting. I'll definitely be picking it up in June.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By SpinCookie

I've been interested in it for a while, I'm gonna wait for some more US reviews to come out.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

IGN should have one up soon. They've been very positive about it when discussing it briefly in podcasts.

This Eurogamer Review was posted today, they gave it an 8/10. The reviewer says in the conclusion, that it's the best game he has played this year so far, despite the flaws.

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    Another great game that will have poor sales figures because "party" is not in the title. Shame. I cant wait to play it.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By oldschool

Ever since I saw the first trailer over 2 years ago (I think), I have been waiting anxiously for this to come out and be ass good as it looks.  Those initial reviews are enough for me to get that on release.  I don't know if Australia gets the same release date as Europe (both being PAL), but I will check with my friend at EB.

Can't wait.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

Oh I reckon it will be a few days difference if anything. Your Wii releases lately all seem to hit within the same week.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By zitosilva

Wow, it's coming way sooner in europe. But I'm definitely picking it up when it comes to the american continent.

strangeling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#9  Edited By strangeling

I must get this game, all the signs point to it.

My name is ryan, I own a Wii, and it looks pretty good.
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

OH SHOOT IT'S FINALLY COMING OUT! THERE ARE EXPLOSIONS OCCURRING IN MY PANTS!

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I'm very excited to play it.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
    strangeling said:
    "I must get this game, all the signs point to it.
    My name is ryan, I own a Wii, and it looks pretty good.
    "

Fulfill  the prophecy dude :)

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By PureRok

Not interested in this game, and my name is Ryan and I own a Wii.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Claude

I'll keep my nose in its business. Looking forward to thoughts from across the pond. "Demolish anything that prevents you from uniting the world." I found that funny in the trailer.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Godwind

My name is Ryan, I own a Wii, not sure if I want to buy it.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r

I want to but I'm broke. It's been getting great reviews all over. And there's also Excitebots and Punch-Out!! to buy. Damn.

@Claude: The game looks kiddy but supposdelly has a lot of black humour in it, like mourning families of the dead minions that need consoling.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By Meowayne

Too many Wii games to play this spring. : /

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    Meowayne said:
    "Too many Wii games to play this spring. : /"
    Makes a nice change.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Linkyshinks

I got the game earlier today, and am really impressed with it so far. Every Wii owner should check this game out.

IGN AU posted a review:

No Caption Provided

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oldschool

It came out in Australia today as well LS.  It was $80 and I put it off for the time being.  I really want it though.  It could take over from Animal Crossing for taking up all my Wii time (that and Wii Fit).

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Demyx

Not really into the Wii. Just don't have the money to buy games on both my systems.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheMustacheHero

The black guy sold me, the trailer unsold me.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Linkyshinks
    I beat the game earlier today...

Easily one of the best RTS games I have played, a really cute RTS game with a charming story behind it,Little King Story is a king among RTS games!

[Linky's Score - ****   9.1]

The rest:

Little King’s Story is a game of stunning breadth, imagination and slickly implemented design, and filled with an envious degree of heart and soul.
    Everyeye.it
    Little King's Story is, simply, a masterpiece.
    Gameplanet
    Little King’s Story is a little beauty; fans of Nintendo’s classic ‘cutesy’ titles such as Animal Crossing and Pikmin will truly love it. We may be finished with the reviewing side of things but are still playing Little King’s Story... which is probably the best endorsement we can give any game.
    Vandal Online
    This Cing masterpiece has become one of the best strategy games ever to have been released on a console, and one indispensable Wii title.
    NGamer UK
    Funny, exciting, intelligent, weird and rewarding. This is what happens when great minds dare to be different. [May 2009, p.42]
    Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    A beautifully polished adventure with buckets of depth. Game of the year material?
    Impulsegamer
    In conclusion, Little King’s Story is quite an original and innovative game on the Nintendo Wii that can be played by gamers of all ages.
    IGN AU
    Very possibly the Wii's longest adventure - and certainly one of the most varied. So many side-quests, hidden areas, collectables, characters, classes and things to do. A boon for RPG fans, so buy it.
    Games Master UK
    Funny, charming and a real meaty challenge, there's nothing else like it on Wii. [May 2009, p.81]
    Edge Magazine
    Every moment feels like it's been lavished with attention; Little King's Story is as rich as it is long, and it's a very lengthy game indeed. [May 2009, p.90]
    Nintendo Life
    With a fantastic script and localisation, greater variety in the tasks involved and dozens of moments that will bring a beaming smile to your face, Little King’s Story outdoes Miyamoto’s garden game on every level. The King is dead – long live the King!
    Telegraph
    An intelligent, charming and utterly addictive video game. But its crowning achievement is its unerring dedication to its own imagination. CiNG throw ideas at it from every angle and nearly every single one sticks. The result is a delightfully crafted adventure, that will pull you into its magnificent fantasy world and refuse to let go.
    3DJuegos
    Cing crowns Wii users as kings in a game which gathers the best of Miyamoto's Pikmin. Both strategic expert gamers and non-strategic expert gamers will enjoy a life simulator based on the experiences of the Harvest Moon's creator. If you are a Wii owner, then you can't miss Little King's Story.
    Meristation
    This is nothing more than a Little King's Story. An incredible game that takes everything that we've seen so far in the strategy genre and pushes it even further to become one of the greatest games on the Wii system. You just never get tired of finding new items, places - of expanding this weird and fantastic kingdom that's settled on a Nintendesque world. Lots of chances for us players to have fun in what's probably the longest adventure for this console.
    Eurogamer Spain
    It's difficult to find a videogame with so well balanced general values, even more so if we bear in mind that it's a game that mixes several genres. Is really funny and impeccable in their astounding and artistic visuals. One of the best Wii games.
    Multiplayer.it
    Little King's Story reaches a perfect balance between friendliness and depth in terms of gameplay: it's certainly one of the best games available on Wii, and even manages to surpass a masterpiece such as Pikmin in some ways.
    Pelit (Finland)
    Little King’s Story is (hopefully) the sleeper hit of this spring. The cute Japanese visuals hide a surprisingly deep, varied and at times rock hard game that is a joy to play. This is an old school game with a capital G and just what the Wii needs. [June 2009]
    GameSpot
    This deep, challenging, and beautiful RTS-RPG hybrid is cleverly disguised as a child-friendly introduction to the strategy genre.
    SpazioGames
    Little King's Story may be considered one of the best games in spring 2009, as well as an example of how to make games that can give you emotions and be fun at the same time. Rising Star offers the gamers a great mixture of strategic, RPG and management elements, creating the perfect recipe for a natty and at times ironic adventure. Recommended for all Wii owners and, most of all, for Pikmin lovers, who will find in this game a similar gameplay.
    Teletext GameCentral
    The consistently surprising offspring of Harvest Moon and Pikmin will make a royalist out of anyone.
    Level7.nu
    Playing as a young boy with the mission of saving an overly cute world might not be the most unique concept to bless the Wii, but in this case the formula is surprisingly addictive. If you in any way enjoy the gameplay and concept offered in other titles such as Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon this is a game you'll thoroughly enjoy.
    Thunderbolt
    But even when you huff and puff and bemoan its wrongdoings, Little King’s Story bounces along with an insatiable charm and letting it get the best of you then seems pointless, because it has such confidence in what it does right.
    Gamer.nl
    Beautiful graphics, well thought through humour and addictive gameplay that will offer hours and hours of gameplay. That's what you'll get if you buy Little King's Story. It's a mystery why you can't point your Wiimote and give a character a simple order, but in the end the game will even put a smile on the face of the biggest sourpuss.
    games(TM)
    With both its addictive, rewarding gameplay and the wealth of imagination that's been poured into the presentation, it's incredibly difficult to stop playing Little King's Story. [May 2009, p.112]
    Eurogamer
    Little King's Story is not the best game you'll ever play. It's repetitive, it's lacking in depth and it can feel slow and frustrating at times. Plus it's got some dodgy politics and a rubbish save system. But it's the best game I've played all year, and that includes Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad. It's charming, engrossing and just plain fun.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Al3xand3r

Lol, the more the merrier. Game deserves the attention...

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Claude

I think I would like this game... oh the time and money, but there be dreams in this story.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#29  Edited By AgentJ

This is a game i'll most certainly buy, but not right away.

While we are on the subject of RTS, may i direct your view to Swords and Soldiers?
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Linkyshinks

I already have it, but I have yet to play it  for more than 10 mins. Maybe I will get some gameplay in this weekend, if I don't end up buying Tiger 10 an GST on Wii.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Meowayne

While we are on the subject of RTS, may I direct your view to Dawn of Discovery?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Claude
    @Meowayne said:
    " While we are on the subject of RTS, may I direct your view to Dawn of Discovery? "
    Yeah, crap... I want that one pretty bad too.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Linkyshinks

Marvelous are looking for a real king to help them promote the game in Japan in September:

Andriasang:

Japan's version of Little King's Story is arriving a bit late, but it's not without some wild promotions. Publisher Marvelous Entertainment announced one of those promotions today.

Via recruiting site From A Navi, the company will be seeking out a person to play the role of King in upcoming promotions for the game. The selected individual will need to appear at game-related events and even sign autographs at retail signing events!

Marvelous is asking for four days of work in the Tokyo area spanning September 3 through September 6. You'll be paid a royal sum of ¥50,000 a day. This is so high that I'm suspicious the press release from Marvelous may have an error.

The only requirements are that you be 18 years or older and that you be willing to wear a crown, a gown, and a fake beard.

Little King's Story, under the name Ousama Monogatari, hits retail on September 3.

I guess they will be looking for a Caucasian person :?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By oldschool

I'm 18 years or older.

I am willing to wear a crown.

I am willing to wear a gown (or any other dress).

I am willing to wear a fake beard (hell, I'll grow my own if I have to).

I want that job  :-)

Also taking the opportunity to say - BUY THE DAMN GAME, IT IS AWESOME.

It is worthy of owning a Wii for.  Hell, I would buy a PS3 for it if it had haver been on that console - it is that good.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By c1337us
    @oldschool said:
    " I'm 18 years or older.

"
    I have a real beard. I am infinately more qualified ;-P
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By oldschool
    @c1337us said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " I'm 18 years or older.

"
    I have a real beard. I am infinately more qualified ;-P "
    I bet I come up nicer in a gown though  xP
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By c1337us
    @oldschool: You probably have the figure for it. In a gown with my man boobs and affinity for some smashin' heals probably qualifies me for Little Queen Story. Look for that coming out to all good game stores soon.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By c1337us

This shit just got a little too real. lol.

Also on topic. Rented Little King Story. Pretty cool game, but I don't think I'd buy it.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Linkyshinks

Haha, you would make a great king Oldschool, but I do think they're looking for someone who resembles a King on full energy, not one down to his last dot ;0)

@c1337us said:

" This shit just got a little too real. lol.Also on topic. Rented Little King Story. Pretty cool game, but I don't think I'd buy it. "

It's really not a good rental game, you need to put some serious investment of time into the game before you reap any sufficient rewards...  I 'm sure everyone will agree with me who has the game also.

Maybe it's another one to consider sometime down the line, when it drops in price.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Meowayne

Yup. LKS starts pretty slowly.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " Haha, you would make a great king Oldschool, but I do think they're looking for someone who resembles a King on full energy, not one down to his last dot ;0)

@c1337us said:
    " This shit just got a little too real. lol.Also on topic. Rented Little King Story. Pretty cool game, but I don't think I'd buy it. "
    It's really not a good rental game, you need to put some serious investment of time into the game before you reap any sufficient rewards...  I 'm sure everyone will agree with me who has the game also.Maybe it's another one to consider sometime down the line, when it drops in price. "
    Geee, thanks Linky  :-) 

I actually enjoyed the start, but maybe it is because I am a little slow too  :-)     

@ c1337us:  It is only $35 in the current Target catalogue.  It is certainly worth $35, but of course, you do have to want to play a game like this.  So far, I have loved everything about, especially the music.  I think this will a game, like Fire Emblem, that I will keep coming back to.  But, I love strategy games.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

Little King's Story has found a princess! As you know, Marvelous Entertainment is holding a contest to select someone to play the role of the Little King in a promotional campaign for Little King Story, which hits the Wii  in Japan on September 3. That contest is still going on, but now there's a little bit of incentive to sign up, in case the ¥200,000 pay check wasn't enough!. Marvelous announced today that it has drafted talent Ayana Tsubaki to play the role of Princess in the game's promo campaign. The 25-year-old Saitama native, who's skilled in French and piano, will appear along side the Little King at PR events. Sounds like fun to me. 

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.