Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 18, 2011

LittleBigPlanet 2 expands the creation tools introduced in the first game, allowing user levels to diverge even more from the base gameplay. It also features a new story mode.

Does this render LBP 1 obsolete?

Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Deeveeus

I know the community levels carry over, so my assumption is the first LBP levels would be my only loss if I traded it in? 

Let me know guys, and thanks in advance!

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By drac96

Yeah, the LBP1 story levels would be your only loss. All of your unlocked costumes and stickers carry over to 2. All user made levels carry over like you stated, and so does any DLC you purchased. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

It depends, a good percentage of the costumes are locked out for LBP1...so you need LBP1 if you want all the outfits.

Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Deeveeus
    @KaosAngel said:

" It depends, a good percentage of the costumes are locked out for LBP1...so you need LBP1 if you want all the outfits. "

Awesome...I have it now, and I was considering grabbing LBP 2 today (something light and fun when I'm not playing Dragon Age and GTA4....yeah I know, I'm behind...damn FF 13 and its 70 hrs BAH, totally NOT worth it), and I was gonna trade in LBP 1 for it....so I think I will 

Thanks a bunch guys!
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MikkaQ

It's worth whatever you're losing. LBP2 is just plain better. 

Sure you lose the first game's story mode, but I didn't play that the first time around. 

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ch13696

I would say keep LBP1. What is it going for at Gamestop? $17.99? I don't know, for some reason the game doesn't show up on their site. Anyways, they'll probably give you $2-5 for it. So just keep it as a collectors item.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Dreamfall31

If you didn't get all of the items from the first then it is still totally worthwhile to have.  I'm sure trading it in will be a waste as game stores will probably take it for less seeing as 2 is out and everyone will get that.  I'd keep it just incase you want to go back and ace the story levels.

Silock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Silock
    I'd keep it, costumes don't carry over unless you have unlocked them so keep it so you can go back and get them costumes, alot of really good costumes in LBP1. 
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Hizang

It sorta is, but theres still story missions and story unlockables

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.