Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 18, 2011

LittleBigPlanet 2 expands the creation tools introduced in the first game, allowing user levels to diverge even more from the base gameplay. It also features a new story mode.

how do you make cutscenes?

Thrillhouse87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thrillhouse87

So how do you make videos? Is it possible to record, or do you have to let the "scene" play out in the level? If so, how do you keep the sackbots idle until you want the scene to start? 

Seanebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Seanebaby
    @Thrillhouse87:  

Have a look at the cinematic cameras (correct me if I've got the name wrong, I'm at work atm so can't check).  The way I got them working is by first placing a sensor or switch to trigger the cutscene, then place as many of the cameras as you want and connect the trigger to the first camera, the first camera to the second, second to the third and so on.  Then you tweak each camera to set up transitions and timings, you can also disable player input. 

For example in this level I had a player sensor at the entrance, that was connected to a series of four cameras, after the camera the output went to a destroy object which starts the play part of the level.  As Ivos said the cameras just look at what's going on in the level, so if you want actors you need to use sackbots (who you can tweak so they look like the player if you wish) and record actions. 

Hope that was all helpful...
    Thrillhouse87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thrillhouse87
    Seanebaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Seanebaby
    @Thrillhouse87: I shall add it to my queue :D 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.