Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 18, 2011

LittleBigPlanet 2 expands the creation tools introduced in the first game, allowing user levels to diverge even more from the base gameplay. It also features a new story mode.

How to bolt things that are overlapped?

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

I'm having this problem when I create, lets see if I can describe this.

lets say I'm making a robot with feet, legs, torso, arms, and head that's facing right.  Now I make the first leg which is in the for-ground on the torso thats in the middle-ground, add a wobby bolt connecting them  to simulate walking.  Now I'm trying to add the second leg behind the torso, but where do I put the bolt?  If I hide the first leg and the torso, and put the bolt on leg it doesn't connect to the torso since the bolt is facing towards the background not the torso.  And if I just hide the first leg and add the Wobbly bolt onto the torso I can connect the leg, but then the body will just rotate instead of the leg.

How would I add that second leg to act just like the first one when I can't see the level from the opposite side.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

Do the leg at the back first?

thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

I'd still have the same problem. 

thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

Would it be possible to just make a giant sackbot and edit his body?  Probably be a lot easier.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

....you know they explain bolting in the tutorial right?

thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thehuntsmen5434
    @KaosAngel:  Its ok if you don't know how to solve my problem.  The tutorial doesn't touch on this issue, but thanks anyways.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By KaosAngel
    @thehuntsmen5434: Uh...yeah it does explain it as LBP1 explained it too, and this game has all the original tutorials.  All you do is hold "O" so bolt objects together, or manually put in a sticker object.  I know this because there's a tutorial all about bolting.
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thehuntsmen5434
    @KaosAngel:  I know how to bolt, it tells you.  My concern is how to bolt something in the background to something in the middle ground, but have the middle object not rotate, just the backgound object.
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By YoungFrey
    @thehuntsmen5434 said:
    " @KaosAngel:  I know how to bolt, it tells you.  My concern is how to bolt something in the background to something in the middle ground, but have the middle object not rotate, just the backgound object. "

Putting a gyroscope on the part you don't want to rotate will keep it level.  Is that what you need? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.