Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 18, 2011

LittleBigPlanet 2 expands the creation tools introduced in the first game, allowing user levels to diverge even more from the base gameplay. It also features a new story mode.

I just remembered this came out this year!

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I was looking back on all the games I played this year for GOTY stuff, when I totally remembered Little Big Planet 2 came out in January. I decided to put it back in and I remembered how awesome this game this! Anybody else forget about this one?

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KarlPilkington

I refuse to believe that.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Cloudenvy

Oh shit, you're right.

polydeukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By polydeukes

Just bought it yesterday. Mind. Freaking. Blown!

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By 49th

I don't know, man. I bought it when it came out, aced all of the story levels, I played around with multiplayer for a bit but there were problems and you kept getting disconnected so I never touched it again. It was cool but too similar to the first game which I played the shit out of.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Ghostiet

So did I. And that's why I'm contemplating completely ignoring a GOTY top 10 this year, there's been too much good games.

Thiemen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Thiemen

That was January? Shit this year went by fast.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By N7

LBP2 was the shit. It's really sad that a lot of people blow it off as a minor improvement over the first, when this fucking game lets you MAKE OTHER GAMES.

I got it for free from Subway during their promotion and it was so awesome and bizarre getting a video game a week or so before release.

polydeukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By polydeukes

@49th said:

I don't know, man. I bought it when it came out, aced all of the story levels, I played around with multiplayer for a bit but there were problems and you kept getting disconnected so I never touched it again. It was cool but too similar to the first game which I played the shit out of.

I've had no such issues and unlike the first game, no lag. (The lag in LBP was horrendous!)

LBP2 seems similar to LBP, but the creator tools are expanded exponentially, the community and social features are fluid and improved and LBP.me is so, so, so good. Queueing user made levels while at work to play when I get home is so efficient! The game, though, still isn't for everyone, especially not for those with cold, dead hearts of stone! :P

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Dreamfall31

I am seriously debating whether this Skyrim or Portal 2 were my GOTY. Each was so awesome in it's own way. LBP2 was pretty much my spring game, Portal 2 my summer, and Skyrim my Fall/Winter. Also reminds me I have a level I never finished making!

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @FoxMulder said:

LBP2 was pretty much my spring game, Portal 2 my summer, and Skyrim my Fall/Winter. 

lovely
    BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BasketSnake

I've been playing and creating since the first LBP1 beta invites. The great levels are much easier to find now.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Vexxan

Feels like forever since this game came out...kinda shame it wasn't mentioned at all during the GOTY podcasts :/

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mosespippy

@BasketSnake said:

I've been playing and creating since the first LBP1 beta invites. The great levels are much easier to find now.

Really? I played LBP2 week 1 and the levels that were at the top were still there 7 months later. In the mean time my level has received 0 plays. I had plans for another level but it feels like level discovery is broken. Why would I spend another 40-60 hours making a level that no one is going to play?

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BasketSnake

You should really forget all the in-game searching methods, MM picks (well there ARE great levels there and MM have gotten better at picking levels from twitter etc) and cool pages. The best way to find good stuff is by far your own stream on lbp.me. Add 10 great creators and set up your profile so that it shows activity from your hearted players. You'll have a constant stream of what the best creators play and if you pick the right ones they're already registered on www.lbpcentral.com and are browsing the best stuff there. It's just great. You can also get on that site and find the level thread and just add stuff you think look interesting to your queue. I'll list some levels. If you like them you should check out the creator's other levels.

I'll list a few single levels. I'll try to pick something that's easy enough to play.

http://lbp.me/v/0pw8yx

http://lbp.me/v/yjtxgw

http://lbp.me/v/shnd2m

http://lbp.me/v/0ypwtf

http://lbp.me/v/s6-gnm

In my experience I tend to remove levels from the queue in-game if I have too long a list because I don't want to go through them all so start with these. Chances are you've played them before too. The creators I've hearted who are the most hearted ones all have great stuff. Your lbp.me queue is synced with your in-game queue but you probably already know that.

I can list a ton of great creators and levels.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Hizang

Its not that great..

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BasketSnake

Pretty much everything about it except the controls are great. I love it but I totally understand that people hate it and why. The floaty controls. It's because it's a physics platformer, not a normal platformer. It's very special and super floaty and allow you to throw yourself around without getting killed. I have no problems with it but it's easy to see how some hate it. It's also up to the creator to make levels that are easy enough to play. The top down levels are still viewed from the side. The camera angle never changes, the creator have just tweaked the physics to allow you to move in all directions (zero gravity). Sackboy gets into a controllable seat, that's why you think you're viewing it as a top-down game. It's an illusion but it works. In the end it's a good game, you can't deny it. The best creators are still publishing new and better levels, the community hasn't slowed down at all. If you didn't like the game a year ago I doubt you'll like it more now. Stacking is my GOTY.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mosespippy

If I have to go to outside sources and services to find whats worth playing or to get people to play my levels then the in game system is straight busted. I might as well be playing PC games where I'm fucking around looking for video card drivers or third party patches. Too many hoops to jump for not enough reward.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BasketSnake

There are no hoops. Simply follow a good creator like Jaeyden or Julesyjules and see what they play. That stream you got on lbp.me is handy for browsing levels at work but you don't need to. It works in-game too.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By spankingaddict

Yeah , I remember . Cause I remember awesome games , ALWAYS ! It's No. 2 on my GOTY list ...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.