Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jan 18, 2011

LittleBigPlanet 2 expands the creation tools introduced in the first game, allowing user levels to diverge even more from the base gameplay. It also features a new story mode.

Level 1 dungeon from Legend of Zelda in LBP2

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By s-a-n-JR
    xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Saw this over on ign. It really is amazing.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Too bad it's that Zelda. I want to love that game, but I just can't.

Trebz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Trebz

Since I played it this evening, this is my favorite LBP level so far. It's crazy how fully-featured people make their levels (I threw a fit when I saw that blast radius has IN-GAME MENUS).

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Milkman

Fuuuucck

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EvilTwin

This is why I don't understand this game.  As an outlet for creativity it's interesting, but that doesn't look like fun at all.  I'd rather play the original Legend of Zelda.  

Also, why is IGN posting a LittleBigPlanet level with a Nintendo copyright in it?  Isn't that weird?

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Portis
    @EvilTwin said:

" This is why I don't understand this game.  As an outlet for creativity it's interesting, but that doesn't look like fun at all.  I'd rather play the original Legend of Zelda.    Also, why is IGN posting a LittleBigPlanet level with a Nintendo copyright in it?  Isn't that weird? "  

There is plenty of original levels to choose from in the community section. :)  

Also, why would it be weird that IGN posted this? They report on games, and this sort of thing is interesting to a lot of people. :P
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#8  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I have to say, it's totally amazing as a triumph of what those tools can do. But as something one would actually play? Maybe not so much. For all the great games that LBP has been able to defy copyright for, you really can't make anything superior or even comparable to the product emulated without a more specialized toolset. I guess that's my problem with it. I could play this awesome (insert game or genre here) level, but I could also play the actual game it's trying to imitate and probably have more fun once the novelty that "Some dude made it using this construction set" wears off.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Portis

Just for the record, I played this very stage last night -- while technically it melted my brain, it really wasn't all that fun. But keep in mind I wouldn't have much fun with the original Legend of Zelda now, anyway.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By turboman
    @Portis said:
    " Just for the record, I played this very stage last night -- while technically it melted my brain, it really wasn't all that fun. But keep in mind I wouldn't have much fun with the original Legend of Zelda now, anyway. "
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Hailinel
    @EvilTwin said:
    " This is why I don't understand this game.  As an outlet for creativity it's interesting, but that doesn't look like fun at all.  I'd rather play the original Legend of Zelda.    Also, why is IGN posting a LittleBigPlanet level with a Nintendo copyright in it?  Isn't that weird? "
    Did you not see the Quick Look where Jeff played all sorts of copyright violating material? :P
    periodic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By periodic

LoZ1 is like ten times better than the rehashed goofy zeldas released now but why would you want to play it like that.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Hailinel said:
    " @EvilTwin said:
    Did you not see the Quick Look where Jeff played all sorts of copyright violating material? :P "
    Yeah, but IGN requires big exclusives from publishers to drive their traffic.  Not that this is an incredibly gutsy thing to do, but it's just not like IGN to bite the hand that feeds.  Then again, maybe Nintendo isn't that strict about it.  But I thought I remembered Media Molecule pulling Nintendo levels when the first game launched.   *shrugs*
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By frankxiv

Here's the LBP.me link for it if anyone wants it in their queue. 

http://lbp.me/v/wy7xvy  

should really be the standard for threads like this now, since the functionality exists. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.