Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet 3

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Sackboy arrives on PlayStation 4 with some new friends.

This is the first case of me enjoying an LBP game

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

I've always bought into the LittleBigPlanet series and others like it (Modnation Racers for example), but with each installment I found myself not really enjoying the games themselves only looking at what people created. Even then it would indeed be more 'looking' than playing/enjoying. Somehow, yet again, I bought into LBP 3 from interest in the new characters and a new team behind the series. As I've been going through the Adventure mode I have been having a really fantastic time, I'm not sure what has changed certainly the new characters are a lot of fun as are many of the NPCs I've encountered, even the controls feel a bit more precise in my opinion. I've only stuck to the single player story so far, but it has been enjoyable platforming at its core for me which I am very surprised by and of course genuinely happy about. Now I can't wait to see what the community dishes out.

I know the crew expressed their exhaustion with the series, but how are you all feeling about it, have you moved on from the series? Am I crazy?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I've moved on from the series. They need to do a better job of surfacing good new levels. I loaded up LBP2 a week after launch and played all the top levels. I loaded it up 9 months later and the top levels were the same ones. I spent 40 hours making a level and it got 0 plays. I don't know how many levels I've come across that clearly took 10 minutes to make.

I bet I'd like the series more if level creation wasn't so damn slow. Needing to move sackboy in order to build something is dumb and his movement speed is glacial so building big levels is really cumbersome. If I could just plug in a mouse and keyboard, bind materials to certain keys, and draw the shapes with a mouse I'd bet it'd take like 40% less time to make a level.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BasketSnake

@lackluster Many of the people who made LBP3 are die hard fans picked from the community to create the game and they know how to do the solid platforming levels so there's your answer. @mosespippy Let me solve your problem LBPCentralHub

feive_vz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm really interested in it this time around actually. I haven't played LBP since the first one though. I was worried about the bugs reviewers were talking about. Can anyone confirm whether they were successfully patched out?

Also I wanted to buy some costumes from LBP2. Can I buy them and use them in LBP3?

Hopefully I can get it soon!

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't think there's a single working dlc pack out of the old ones and they've said there'll be a patch around december 16th. As for the main game it's got a TON of bugs. I suspect they've squashed most of the worst bugs two-three months from now. Really, I do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.