Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 27, 2008

Lead the way as a player-created Sackperson in the highly customizable side-scrolling world of LittleBigPlanet, where players can play, create, and share 2.5D levels with their friends and the whole PSN community.

Does anyone else think LittleBigPlanet is losing it's cool?

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I popped in LittleBigPlanet earlier today. Naturally, I went to check out the user created levels. A high percentage of them were survival levels (tired of those damn bomb levels!) and levels based on other games. I'm really starting to think that the people who still play this game forget what this game is all about. Original levels and platforming. Does anyone else feel this way, or am I crazy? Wait, I already know I'm crazy, so does anyone else feel this way?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Damn you must have not looked very well, some of the halloween levels were awesome, just look around a bit more there are tons are great levels still being made.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @Bucketdeth: That's probably true, but the front pages should have some of the best levels, and not the recycled ideas.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dbz1995

Hopefully, Water will change that.

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

that game still has a community??

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gorillawhat said:
    " that game still has a community?? "
    Yep and a fairly large one for how much it's talked about.
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By bed

i borrowed it from a friend and to be honest i got bored after a couple of hours. i know why people would see interest in it, but it just wasn't much fun for me after a while. 

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Pibo47
    @AjayRaz said:
    " i borrowed it from a friend and to be honest i got bored after a couple of hours. i know why people would see interest in it, but it just wasn't much fun for me after a while.  "  
    Pretty much the same thing here man.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Whisperkill

I never liked it, never understood why others like it
    rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By rjpelonia

Well, seeing as how "losing it's cool" is a saying about someone getting angry, I'd have to say no.

But really, of course a game that has been out for over a year now will have its player count dwindle, but those still dedicated and talented enough to make these levels still do, so no worries.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Diamond

I feel like the community is about equal to what it used to be.  Right when it came out there was a bunch of crappy achievement levels that were popular.  The stuff on the 'cool levels' page always sucked.  It's one of my biggest complaints about the game.  The system for finding good levels is absolute crap.  I really like the game overall, but if I could easily play excellent user made levels the game could have been something extremely special.

@RJPelonia said:

Well, seeing as how "losing it's cool" is a saying about someone getting angry, I'd have to say no.

Also, that.
    Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Big_D
    @Whisperkill: you can't understand why people like platformers? or a platformer where you can share your level with others? Wow. Your gaming frame of reference must be very narrow.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By xyzygy

I felt this way about 2 weeks after it came out and I bought it. I would have loved this game if it weren't for the dying for no reason bit, the clunky ass controls and terrible online play where incompetent people take all your lives at a checkpoint. I just wish they would have spent a little more time making the Sackboys a little more precise. I know it's physics based but that doesn't mean they have the feel like they weigh 150 lbs.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By eroticfishcake

Played it for a few days since I got it with my PS3 Slim deal. I thought it was okay, it's only Stephen Fry's voice that held my attention for long. My main gripe is controlling the little bastard, it's like he's covered in butter or something.

creamclouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By creamclouds
    @Diamond:@Diamond said:
    " I feel like the community is about equal to what it used to be.  Right when it came out there was a bunch of crappy achievement levels that were popular.  The stuff on the 'cool levels' page always sucked.  It's one of my biggest complaints about the game.  The system for finding good levels is absolute crap.  I really like the game overall, but if I could easily play excellent user made levels the game could have been something extremely special.

@RJPelonia said:

Also, that. "
    I totally agree. that was what made me sell the game afterwards. I just got tired of finding boring level after boring level in the excellent sections. I decorated my pad, left and never talked about it again, until now.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " Damn you must have not looked very well, some of the halloween levels were awesome, just look around a bit more there are tons are great levels still being made. "
    yeah exactly my thoughts.  
    if all you could find was stupid unoriginal levels than you suck at searching.  

do yourself a favor and go to the neogaf forum thread for LittleBigPlanet, they do an excellent job of constantly keeping people posted on the latest and greatest user-created levels. 
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By HandsomeDead

I played it at Christmas and it just felt like an average 2D platformer with a lick of paint and a patronising voiceover. No amount of user generated content could make it worth playing.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By GunstarRed

There are very few well planned levels... theres many beautiful and artistic levels but few that are much fun and that is probably due to the games complete lack of mechanics... grab, jump and shoot is your lot and only the shooting feels right (this has all be said  a million times before by a million people..but yknow)  
    It's a distraction game... theres no real meat to it... pop it in mess with it for a bit switch it off then go play a  proper game.  
    I built a level... I spent forever checking and rechecking it so it was finishable without suiciding yourself or getting stuck in scenery... nobody has played it....and if they have I dont think theyve finished it because the game STILL doesnt have a leaderboard  for your level on the title page. along with many many many other things they said were coming/going to be fixed. 

the lag is still pretty fun.
    Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Red12b
    @eroticfishcake said:
    "Played it for a few days since I got it with my PS3 Slim deal. I thought it was okay, it's only Stephen Fry's voice that held my attention for long. My main gripe is controlling the little bastard, it's like he's covered in butter or something. "

Mmmm, Butter, Mmmm Fish, Mmm, Erotic?
    wait what? 

Umm, Mmm, Cake.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By JJOR64

Little Big Planet will always be my favorite PS3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.