I am the biggest failure ever.

#1 Edited by Win (541 posts) -

I just came home from EB with my copy of LBP and my Kratos Sackboy code. I notice the sticker is on really firmly but I manage to get under it and peel it off, but in doing so the sticker rips off 2/3 of the code. So now I have spent the last 30 mins trying to peel little scraps of paper from the back of the sticker in hopes of getting the code. What should I do? I don't think the guys at EB will give me another code. Feel free to post facepalms and laugh at my epic fail.


#2 Edited by dtran1212 (299 posts) -

LOL @ your EPIC FAIL!

BTW, how did you get the game early?

#3 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Wow...that sucks. I'm not sure what you can do, but I'm surprised that an EB/GS is giving out the game already.

#4 Posted by Win (541 posts) -

EB just called me and said they and my pre-order in, when I went there they had a whole shelf full of copies.

#5 Posted by jakob187 (21757 posts) -

Well, let's look at it like this.  What sticker are you talking about?  Is it something that the company put on or EB put on or what?  If EB put it on there, then that means they are at fault for you losing your portion of the code...thereby they should end up replacing it.  If it's something that Sony/Media Molecule put on the thing, then it's a different story.

Honestly, I would just say this:  who cares?  It's a Sackboy.  =  /  Then again, I have no ambition for LBP, so maybe I'm not the person to respond.

I would call EB Games and at least ask them what's up and if they can help you at all.  =  /  Trying never hurts.
#6 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

If all else fails, lawsuit it.

#7 Edited by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

The extreme irony of someone called "Win" Failing is great.

Moderator
#8 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

You bought LittleBigPlanet? Wow, you are a failure.

#9 Posted by dtran1212 (299 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"You bought LittleBigPlanet? Wow, you are a failure."

STFU u fuckin troll
#10 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1917 posts) -

Those things are scratchy cards. But anyway, just call your local store, they should have a ton of them.

#11 Posted by friendleefire (6 posts) -

i have my code for the kratos costume but every time i enter it, it says its invalid... i dont think its going to work until the LBP servers are up.  I've had my copy since before the recall... thanks costco!

#12 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -

Look at his nickname.

Sweet, sweet irony.

#13 Edited by MB (13090 posts) -
Snail said:
"Look at his nickname.

Sweet, sweet irony."

Haha!  someone needs to photoshop "Win's attempt fails" on that picture.
Moderator
#14 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -
MB said:
"Snail said:
"Look at his nickname.

Sweet, sweet irony."
Haha!  someone needs to photoshop "Win's attempt fails" on that picture."
Too bad I don't have photshop on this computer right now. A motivational poster of this would rock.
#15 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -
Standing_Gopher said:
 I tried putting it in today and it doesn't work, but I suppose it will once the game comes out. If not, it looks like we've got an even bigger problem here."
The plot thickens...
#16 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

For a guy named Win...

#17 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -
Coltonio7 said:
"For a guy named Win..."
Terribly sorry sir. But I've made that joke already.
#18 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

....For a guy named Snail, you're pretty quick.

#19 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -
Coltonio7 said:
"....For a guy named Snail, you're pretty quick."
Y' think?
#20 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

Lesson of the day: Read the replies before you post =D

#21 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
Snail said:
"MB said:
"Snail said:
"Look at his nickname.

Sweet, sweet irony."
Haha!  someone needs to photoshop "Win's attempt fails" on that picture."
Too bad I don't have photshop on this computer right now. A motivational poster of this would rock."
caption
#22 Posted by MB (13090 posts) -

You need the picture in there!

Moderator
#23 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

The LBP one?

I'm on it

#24 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -

Finally I get confirmation that they will hand out the Kratos codes when you get the game!  I was worried mine would run out with the luck i have...does the card say anything about the other costumes and level pack???

#25 Edited by Standing_Gopher (129 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"Finally I get confirmation that they will hand out the Kratos codes when you get the game!  I was worried mine would run out with the luck i have...does the card say anything about the other costumes and level pack???"
The first card I got didn't, but it was probably printed before they announced the medusa and minotaur. The replacement card I got has all three of the God of War costumes on it and it mentions the level pack, too. I imagine either code will unlock everything, though.
#26 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
Standing_Gopher said:
"nerdboy said:
"Finally I get confirmation that they will hand out the Kratos codes when you get the game!  I was worried mine would run out with the luck i have...does the card say anything about the other costumes and level pack???"
The first card I got didn't, but it was probably printed before they announced the medusa and minotaur. The replacement card I got has all three of the God of War costumes on it and it mentions the level pack, too. I imagine either code will unlock everything, though."
Cool thanks.
#27 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
caption
#28 Posted by Epic (49 posts) -

Lolol GB meme.

#29 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2419 posts) -

They'll usually give you another code. Gamestop did it for me when my Resistance 2 beta code didn't work. Just call in and ask them to read you off another code.

#30 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -
Shawn said:
"
caption
"
Dude, you rule! I prefer Motivational posters to have white letters but whatever, this might become legendary!
#31 Posted by TrulyAlive (905 posts) -
Snail said:
"Shawn said:
"
caption
"
Dude, you rule! I prefer Motivational posters to have white letters but whatever, this might become legendary!"
Legen(wait for it, and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second part of that word is)da[i]ry, indeed.
#32 Posted by Milkman (17312 posts) -

LMAO Who the hell thought it was a good idea to put a sticker on the code?

#33 Posted by Kratos81 (411 posts) -

I just got done playing for the last hour and am disappointed. I was never really impressed with the vids but all the player feed back made me want this game. I havent built any levels yet but the gameplay sucks. Rally when I have SMG sitting on the shelf why do I want to play this game? The gameplay is just not there. I bought his game off hype and player feedback, I will give it more time but as of now I will call this game over hyped.  

#34 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up.

EB called me too, today. Too bad I'm sick.

#35 Posted by TheJollyRajah (1576 posts) -
Kratos81 said:
"I just got done playing for the last hour and am disappointed. I was never really impressed with the vids but all the player feed back made me want this game. I havent built any levels yet but the gameplay sucks. Rally when I have SMG sitting on the shelf why do I want to play this game? The gameplay is just not there. I bought his game off hype and player feedback, I will give it more time but as of now I will call this game over hyped.  "
Don't judge until you start creating... that's where the true power of this game is at.
#36 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -
Snail said:
" Dude, you rule! I prefer Motivational posters to have white letters but whatever, this might become legendary!"
I thought the blue went with the blue text in Win
#37 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
Shawn said:
"Snail said:
"MB said:
"Snail said:
"Look at his nickname.

Sweet, sweet irony."
Haha!  someone needs to photoshop "Win's attempt fails" on that picture."
Too bad I don't have photshop on this computer right now. A motivational poster of this would rock."
caption
"
thank you for the pic :)
#38 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

Win = Fail

#39 Posted by Win (541 posts) -
Gorillawhat said:
"Win = Fail"
Agreed that was fail on my part. But I got another Kratos code and a Resistance 2 beta key so I am pretty happy. Does anyone know when the servers are gonna come online?
#40 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

There's a minor victory in every failure.

Also, hang in there kitty.

#41 Posted by Snail (8661 posts) -
Shawn said:
"Snail said:
" Dude, you rule! I prefer Motivational posters to have white letters but whatever, this might become legendary!"
I thought the blue went with the blue text in Win"
Indeed it does. We might have created a legend here, one image to be used on GiantBomb every time we get the chance.
#42 Posted by mr_korean (610 posts) -

i heard you were just supposed to scratch it off with like a coin.... *facepalm

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.