Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 27, 2008

Lead the way as a player-created Sackperson in the highly customizable side-scrolling world of LittleBigPlanet, where players can play, create, and share 2.5D levels with their friends and the whole PSN community.

LBP Metal Gear Solid content pack.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By TheKing
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kratos81

That looks awesome. Makes me think they could have done a better job with the levels in the original LBP game. I will be buying this for sure. Thanks for the vid.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By ArcBorealis
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

This is the best DLC ever. The possibilities are endless with that Paintgun. There will now be shooter levels with real shooting mechanics. Which is gamechanging.

The best thing is if you REALLY don't want to buy the DLC, levels that include the assets (including the paintgun) will still be usable.

Plus the extra stickers, music and other bits and bobs are always lovely. And new MM levels and trophies. Bloody brilliant.

Developers take note. This is DLC.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Karmum
    get2sammyb said:
    "This is the best DLC ever. The possibilities are endless with that Paintgun. There will now be shooter levels with real shooting mechanics. Which is gamechanging.

The best thing is if you REALLY don't want to buy the DLC, levels that include the assets (including the paintgun) will still be usable."
    Wouldn't it be possible to earn the items from DLC in the levels? Thus not even buying the DLC at all? I mean, I haven't played LBP, but that doesn't seem out of the question.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By get2sammyb
    Karmum said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "This is the best DLC ever. The possibilities are endless with that Paintgun. There will now be shooter levels with real shooting mechanics. Which is gamechanging.

The best thing is if you REALLY don't want to buy the DLC, levels that include the assets (including the paintgun) will still be usable."
    Wouldn't it be possible to earn the items from DLC in the levels? Thus not even buying the DLC at all? I mean, I haven't played LBP, but that doesn't seem out of the question."
    I'm not sure you can give away MM assets but I can't be absolute certain without loading up the game.

This is from the Playstation Blog mind:

So, here’s one of the coolest things about this pack…you guys know LBP is all about PLAY, CREATE & SHARE – well, you’ll be glad to know that this Level Pack holds true to that. For those who buy the Premium Level Pack, you get everything above (and hopefully a lot of fun in-between). If you don’t buy it, you’ll still be able to enjoy the MGS pack goodness. Here’s how:

• Non-MGS Level Pack owners can PLAY the MGS Story Levels by joining a “host” who owns the pack and play the levels online together. Now you won’t be able to keep any objects, but you can have tons of fun just PLAYing.
    • MGS Level Pack owners will be able to CREATE levels with any of these items (including the Paintinator) and SHARE them online for everyone to play.

So there you go.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Karmum

I see, I kind of assumed you would be able to use some of these items somehow. Now, its time to go get a PS3.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By get2sammyb
    Karmum said:
    "I see, I kind of assumed you would be able to use some of these items somehow. Now, its time to go get a PS3."
    There's never been a better time my friend ;)
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike

It makes sense why certain levels were removed from the service before...Sony wanted to sell something similar to people and had to justify it by saying that nothing similar was already available.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By get2sammyb
    MB said:
    "It makes sense why certain levels were removed from the service before...Sony wanted to sell something similar to people and had to justify it by saying that nothing similar was already available."
    Incorrect. If I load up LittleBigPlanet right now I see a Metal Gear Solid level on the front page (Metal Gear Sacklid if you wish to cross-reference) and no Metal Gear Solid level has been removed to date -- the God Of War being the "big" level to get moderated due to a part of the "plot" of that particular creation involving throwing people into a burning furnace to progress.

Also you may have missed out on the 1.06 update which (and I quote):

It added some new features to level moderation, including the ability for unpublished levels to be edited by their creators rather than disappearing forever, and actual explanations for creators who've had their creations removed from circulation. Now they'll not only know what they did wrong, but they'll also be able to fix it! What a brilliant idea!

Also perhaps you are unsure about the actual contents of the pack (and I quote):

First off, you’ll get a new Sackboy costume… the Gurlokovich Soldier.

Plus tons of new stickers (72), materials (12), decorations (10), and objects (18).

The objects are especially cool, why you ask…well, in addition to these ‘create’ materials, our Premium Level Packs include new Story Levels and they’re filled these new objects. That’s because, Media Molecule teamed with Konami to create 5 new Story Levels and 1 new Challenge Level for you to enjoy.

Now we couldn’t just build a level using the basic tools above, we need music, new sound effects, and new elements to provide a true MGS experience. So you’re getting these in the Level Pack, as well:

• 3 new background music tracks
    • 1 new interactive music track
    • 1 new Metal Gear Solid themed ‘sound object’
    • New Plasma Ball ‘danger element’
    • New Laser Sight ‘gadget’
    • New functioning Searchlight lamp – for those special ‘exclamation mark’ moments
    • …and finally, the piece de resistance…THE PAINTINATOR (and Paint Switch)

Now, not only will you be able to run, jump, push, pull, swing, etc, etc in LBP, but now you’ll be able to splatter anything that comes between you and the end of any level. Once you equip the Paintinator, you can send sacksized paintballs flying by mashing on the R1 button and using the right stick to aim. Few things about flying paintballs, when Sackboys are hit with them, it feels like a very weak slap. You can also shoot ‘Brains’ from a safe distance and progress thru levels much easier. In addition to the Paintinator, we’re introducing a Paint Switch, so you can attach it to any object and set it to destruct after being splattered with enough paint. Here’s a video to show you the Metal Gear Solid Level Pack in action…

So your argument about Sony removing Metal Gear levels (which I'll clarify they didn't) to justify the price of this pack is extremely flawed because not only do you get 6 new levels but you also get 72 new stickers, 12 new materials, 10 new decorations, 18 new objects, 3 new songs, 1 new interactice background track, 1 new Metal Gear sound object, and the PaintGun which essentially CHANGES the type of levels you can create by implementing a shoot'emup element. You know, things that no user could have added in themselves.

Now eat humble pie sir and admit your cynicism was entirely unfounded.
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Player1

New video from Gametrailers.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By get2sammyb
    Player1 said:
    "New video from Gametrailers.

"
    One of the best trailers of the year if I may say so.
    DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    Still not enough to rectify my disappointment in this game. However is may rejuvenate my interest none the less.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By get2sammyb
    DirrtyNinja said:
    "Still not enough to rectify my disappointment in this game. However is may rejuvenate my interest none the less. "
    May I ask why you were disappointed?
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I'm definitely buying this. It will be the first DLC I'll buy this year for a retail game, actually. =P

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By brukaoru

I was expecting it to be much higher in price. Great news! :)

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    get2sammyb said:
    "DirrtyNinja said:
    "Still not enough to rectify my disappointment in this game. However is may rejuvenate my interest none the less. "
    May I ask why you were disappointed?"
    LBP just never captured me as i thought it would have. I realise it is a great game, i just havent had that "woah" moment yet. Hopefully it will come.
    insanegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By insanegamer

looks so good, i might have to get this just looks that good.

piropeople13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By piropeople13

I am going to be buying this the first day.  My brother and I can't wait to use the "Paintinator" in our levels.

I think this is a good example of how I think that PSN is doing a better job than Xbox Live in downloadable game add-ons.  First of all, because they do not charge a subscription fee for full PSN access, I don't feel bad about buying lots of content; it supports network costs and gives me more stuff!  Plus, I love the fact that it is not so restrictive.  For example in Gears of War 2 and Halo 3 when new downloadable maps came out you would not be able to play some (sometimes basic) multiplayer playlist.  You could also not play with your friends if they bought the map pack and wanted to play those levels with you but you did not have the pack as everyone in the party would have to buy the map pack separatly.  I am mostly impressed by the fact that the levels that you create that have the MGS content in them will still be able to be played by everyone and you can even play the levels in the pack with a host who owns it.  This means that you can always play with you friends no matter what and the game does not prevent you from playing just because it wants to milk more money from you.

Plus have you seen the price?  $5.99 for all of this great content?!?  That is a screaming deal compared to the 800 MS points ($10) that I had to dish out for 3 dinky maps on Gears of War 2.  Plus it is nothing compared to the $50 dollar subscription fee to Xbox Live.

THANK YOU MEDIA MOLECULE AND SONY FOR THIS AWESOME GAME AND FOR BEING REASONABLE AND FAIR WITH EXCELLENT ADD-ON CONTENT!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By get2sammyb
    piropeople13 said:
    "I am going to be buying this the first day.  My brother and I can't wait to use the "Paintinator" in our levels.

I think this is a good example of how I think that PSN is doing a better job than Xbox Live in downloadable game add-ons.  First of all, because they do not charge a subscription fee for full PSN access, I don't feel bad about buying lots of content; it supports network costs and gives me more stuff!  Plus, I love the fact that it is not so restrictive.  For example in Gears of War 2 and Halo 3 when new downloadable maps came out you would not be able to play some (sometimes basic) multiplayer playlist.  You could also not play with your friends if they bought the map pack and wanted to play those levels with you but you did not have the pack as everyone in the party would have to buy the map pack separatly.  I am mostly impressed by the fact that the levels that you create that have the MGS content in them will still be able to be played by everyone and you can even play the levels in the pack with a host who owns it.  This means that you can always play with you friends no matter what and the game does not prevent you from playing just because it wants to milk more money from you.

Plus have you seen the price?  $5.99 for all of this great content?!?  That is a screaming deal compared to the 800 MS points ($10) that I had to dish out for 3 dinky maps on Gears of War 2.  Plus it is nothing compared to the $50 dollar subscription fee to Xbox Live.

THANK YOU MEDIA MOLECULE AND SONY FOR THIS AWESOME GAME AND FOR BEING REASONABLE AND FAIR WITH EXCELLENT ADD-ON CONTENT!"
    I've gotta admit that they could have easily charged double the price for this pack. I know the costumes are quite expensive but at the same time MM have also been giving us a free costume almost every week since the game launched now which I've also found remarkable.

Agree with all your points there.
    SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By SpinCookie

Don't forget that this comes with new story levels too, with an MGS themed story, epic win.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Player1
    DirrtyNinja said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "DirrtyNinja said:
    LBP just never captured me as i thought it would have. I realise it is a great game, i just havent had that "woah" moment yet. Hopefully it will come. "
    Thats my exact problem as well. Maybe I haven't spend enough time. But everyone talks about that one moment, that they knew it was something special.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By get2sammyb
    Player1 said:
    "DirrtyNinja said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "DirrtyNinja said:
    LBP just never captured me as i thought it would have. I realise it is a great game, i just havent had that "woah" moment yet. Hopefully it will come. "
    Thats my exact problem as well. Maybe I haven't spend enough time. But everyone talks about that one moment, that they knew it was something special."
    Play "Little Dead Space" by DarknessBear. It's the moment I realised the community had eclipsed Media Molecule.

The new search tools are absolutely fantastic too, so if you haven't been on it for a while, now is the time.
    hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hungrynun

I think Ryan totally nailed my opinion about the game by saying he would rather watch a youtube video about these levels.

But I'm glad the game has some dev love from time to time in the midst of the community creations. $5.99 sounds like a reasonable price for the pack. Hope this game gets even more backing than it has already.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.