Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

LittleBigPlanet

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 27, 2008

Lead the way as a player-created Sackperson in the highly customizable side-scrolling world of LittleBigPlanet, where players can play, create, and share 2.5D levels with their friends and the whole PSN community.

System buyer?

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 52

#1  Edited By tearhead

I'm just wondering since people have been saying this is going to be a major system buyer for ps3, is anyone here who doesn't currently own a ps3 buying one for LBP?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

As much as I love how LBP looks, I'm not buying a system for 1 game. Well, 2 games since I want MGS 4 too, but it's not worth it when those are the only exclusives I'm really interested in.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb
    MattyFTM said:
    "As much as I love how LBP looks, I'm not buying a system for 1 game. Well, 2 games since I want MGS 4 too, but it's not worth it when those are the only exclusives I'm really interested in."
    I reckon - wait 'till after Christmas and they will drop the PS3 price. They kinda have to... then you'll be able to pick up both LBP and MGS4 second-hand along with a cheaper console.

It's win-win. That's if you can manage the wait of course ;) ;) Good luck holding out on an impulse purchase guys!!!
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I'm so freaking considering getting a PS3 because of this, but probably won't because of college. Damn college...

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Demyx

I can't think of many games that are system sellers. At least not for me.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Systech

I think that it could be a huge system seller for families if they pimp out LBP right on the PS3 box. It looks cute and it's very appealing to mothers that can't find a Wii for their kids come Christmas time.

SoxFan13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SoxFan13

To be fair, I've already been considering buying a PS3.  However, this is the game that will make me do it.  I've been following the game for a year and a half and I can't wait to get a PS3.  I WILL have to wait though, because my wife wants to get the system and game for me for Christmas
    (I' m the kinda guy no one can buy for because I already bought it for myself-- she's trying to rectify that!)

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By RobDaFunk
    MattyFTM said:
    "As much as I love how LBP looks, I'm not buying a system for 1 game. Well, 2 games since I want MGS 4 too, but it's not worth it when those are the only exclusives I'm really interested in."
    get2sammyb said:
    "MattyFTM said:
    I reckon - wait 'till after Christmas and they will drop the PS3 price. They kinda have to... then you'll be able to pick up both LBP and MGS4 second-hand along with a cheaper console.

It's win-win. That's if you can manage the wait of course ;) ;) Good luck holding out on an impulse purchase guys!!!"
    my thoughts are Exactly the same guys, I'd love to grab a PS3 to play MGS4 & LBP but the price too high (in the UK) at the mo.......

.......maybe when Xmas rolls around i might just grab one on the spurrrrrrr

;)
    Avatar image for luckywanderdude
    LuckyWanderDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LuckyWanderDude

That game doesn't look good enough to convince me to drop several hundreds of dollars.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By AaronBelfast

I would not pay that ridiculous amount of money just for this game. It's a great platformer, too bad platformers aren't my cup of tea.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Endogene

500 euros for ps3 plus 1 game plus of course the 1000 euros for a nice tv to play it on. Nah i'm curious to play that game but not that curious.

deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deathfury

Well, LBP and some other PS3 exclusives are making me buy a PS3, since most of the games on it look really awesome. I think LBP is a definite system buyer, my friend is buying a PS3 just for LBP

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By grilledcheez

While I think the game looks pretty interesting, there's no way I would buy the console for that game alone.  I'm still not convinced it's going to keep anybody occupied for an extended period of time either.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Vinchenzo

No single game is a system buyer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.