Wow, i just spent the an hour designing a LBP level in a notebook

#1 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

and i must say, its full of win!

i have a story laid out, progression that makes sense, lots of puzzle elements like platforming, and tons of ideas for the settings and what it will look like. 
i am convinced this game is genius. 
i cant wait for it. 
also, im glad for giantbomb because its a great source for info when designing a game ill be working on a level like if i dont know what to add, i can just look up everything here its great. concepts are amazing. 
#2 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

I demand pictures. Get your scanner up and running.

#3 Edited by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

no way dude, top secret. its original man. lol its based on different movies and stuff. 

one being the snake pliskin escape movies because it involves escaping. another planet. it involves land stuff, then space stuff including the jet pack. it includes fast stuff, boss battles, and yea its all easy to see what it was inspired from. 
my name online is gameslave215 when you see my level when it comes out i think you'll like it. im leaning on a title called Escape From the PrettyUglyPlanet. 
#4 Posted by lantus (143 posts) -

The beta is only a glimpse of what you can really do in LBP, I can't wait for the final product!

#5 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

I could build a cool LBP level if the damn thing didn't stop crashing all the time.

#6 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
KingBroly said:
"I could build a cool LBP level if the damn thing didn't stop crashing all the time."
Has it really been crashing that much for you? I haven't experienced one crash so far.
#7 Posted by lantus (143 posts) -
Kush said:
"KingBroly said:
"I could build a cool LBP level if the damn thing didn't stop crashing all the time."
Has it really been crashing that much for you? I haven't experienced one crash so far."
Me either.
#8 Posted by Wuffi (246 posts) -

beta key plz

#9 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
lantus said:
"Kush said:
"KingBroly said:
Has it really been crashing that much for you? I haven't experienced one crash so far."
Me either."
No crashes here either....
#10 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

I got in the beta yesterday( so happy and unexpected because I never get in anything) haven't had a chance to really sit down and play it yet though, but I can't wait. The game is only a few weeks away from coming out too!

#11 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

Mine hasn't crashed yet, but sometimes when I come back to the pod after a level, it freezes for a good minute.

#12 Posted by MB (11956 posts) -
pause422 said:
"I got in the beta yesterday( so happy and unexpected because I never get in anything) haven't had a chance to really sit down and play it yet though, but I can't wait. The game is only a few weeks away from coming out too!"

Which leads me to believe this isn't really a Beta - it's more of a limited-release demo than anything.  It's all about building hype.
#13 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
TwoOneFive said:
"no way dude, top secret. its original man. lol its based on different movies and stuff. 
one being the snake pliskin escape movies because it involves escaping. another planet. it involves land stuff, then space stuff including the jet pack. it includes fast stuff, boss battles, and yea its all easy to see what it was inspired from. 
my name online is gameslave215 when you see my level when it comes out i think you'll like it. im leaning on a title called Escape From the PrettyUglyPlanet. 
"
why are you telling us if you won't post pics? seriously, gtfo if you won't post pics. >_>
#14 Edited by Shotaro (820 posts) -

LBP looks awesome not seen the beta but it will be the first game I will be playing on the PS3 for a yea. The fact that it is insiring creativity like it is before it is even released is a sign of true genius - can't wait to play your level dude

#15 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
nerdboy said:
"lantus said:
"Kush said:
"KingBroly said:
Me either."
No crashes here either...."
Wow I should have thought before I typed.....not 30 minutes after I posted this I go on to LBP only to find that my save data is corrupt...and now for the first time I'm having freezing problem.... :O
#16 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -

Sounds cool, I can't wait to see how it goes for you, good luck!

#17 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

Go,... go create the map! GO NOAW!!!

#18 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Does LPB have Zombie AI?

#19 Posted by pirate_republic (1117 posts) -

Pictures or it didn't happen. (seriously get some pics)

#20 Posted by LiquidPrince (15840 posts) -

When I get this game, I'm gonna make a Dark Knight level =P

#21 Posted by LiquidPrince (15840 posts) -

I want to see!

#22 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
dcpc10 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"When I get this game, I'm gonna make a Dark Knight level =P"
that reminds me, I saw a ''Why so Serious?'' level in the beta yesterday =P

The Joker in that level was actually really well made, but too bad it was only like 10 seconds long."
Last time I tried to get on the beta it wouldn't log me online.... :(  I'll try later cause I want to see this level too!
#23 Posted by LiquidPrince (15840 posts) -
dcpc10 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"I want to see!"
are you in the beta? if not, i'll try uploading a pic later on maybe."
NO. I coud've been but I didn't sign into my PS3 for a long tim until a coupl days ago. I probably missed the invite.
#24 Posted by LiquidPrince (15840 posts) -
dcpc10 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"dcpc10 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"I want to see!"
NO. I coud've been but I didn't sign into my PS3 for a long tim until a coupl days ago. I probably missed the invite."
that sucks =(

You should comment in my beta code givea
Done and done.
#25 Posted by PenguinNerd (959 posts) -
dcpc10 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"dcpc10 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"I want to see!"
NO. I coud've been but I didn't sign into my PS3 for a long tim until a coupl days ago. I probably missed the invite."
that sucks =(

You should comment in my beta code giveaway blog though so if i recieve another code, i'll give it to you."
I can still play.....it just wouldn't let me play other people's levels....but I saw something last night about there servers having trouble so it's possible that I'll be able to get online with the beta soon. :D
#26 Posted by ScottEFresh (125 posts) -

Man I tried getting into the beta but now I think I'm glad I didn't .  The game will be ever MORE exciting to get now, especially with all this beta talk going out.  I'm telling everyone I know who has a PS3 to get this one.  Looks amazing.

#27 Posted by shadows_kill (3165 posts) -
ScottEFresh said:
"Man I tried getting into the beta but now I think I'm glad I didn't .  The game will be ever MORE exciting to get now, especially with all this beta talk going out.  I'm telling everyone I know who has a PS3 to get this one.  Looks amazing."
trust me it is amazing. defiantly worth any wait.

did anyone else notice that if your friend got a high score it sends you a little message saying something like  

nerdboy got 126,000 points on little big uncharted
#28 Posted by Smallville123 (414 posts) -

Ya i notice i lose large chunks of time playing that game, and its only the beta!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.