Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Llama

Concept »

The llama is an animal found primarily in South America. Llamas are social creatures and are considered pack animals.

I made it all the way to 500. Now what?

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dalai

Sponsored by William Mckinley: he was on the $500 bill.
    It figures that today is the one day where image and video posting is broken. I was going to post homemade full body scan images of myself, but now I have to think of something else. 

This is blog #500!

Huzzahs, hoorahs, fanfare, and all that jazz. And to think it all started with a thank you to the staff. So why the fuck not? Let's do that again! 

I'd like to thank some people before moving on to other business. First, a thank you to the Giant Bomb staff and all the folks at Whiskey Media for creating one hell of a great conglomerate of websites, especially Giant Bomb where I and thousands of people around the universe call our internet home. And while I sometimes find myself at odds with some of the opinions here, the staff always makes it entertaining and even a bit silly. I mean, it's only video games. Second, a thank you to the thousands of comments from the hundreds who have read at least one of my contributions to this blog. I may not be the most popular blogger... or the sexiest... but as long as you keep reading, I'll keep typing. I had the courage to look back at some of my old material which contains some relatively short blogs even by my standards with comments from Giant Bomb members who have long since passed away. It's a little strange to see the earliest blogs with literally 0 comments (and even less content) but hopefully those days are long gone. And third, I would like to thank myself... because I'm just so damn awesome. 

I probably mentioned this game more than any game in human existence.
    But you're new here? Well here's a refresher course. 

A brief history of my blog.

As for the other 400+ blogs... they can rot in hell.

Where to go from here?

This blog is something that's been maturing and fermenting since July 21, 2008 and at this time, I have no plans to stop. I may not spam blog 5 days a week anymore, but I still manage to bitch or praise something every other day. I shall keep going and you can join me... or not. I'd probably still be ranting about Nintendo games or tell the story of a Steam sale gone awry or how older games are amazing, but it's nice to know somebody out there is interested in what some dude from Pennsylvania has to say. 

Thanks for reading, Claude! And thanks for adding this to the Community Spotlight, ZombiePie. 

There, now he HAS to do it! 

Update: they fixed the image and video posting, but still no full body imagery.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dalai

It figures that today is the one day where image and video posting is broken. I was going to post homemade full body scan images of myself, but now I have to think of something else. 

This is blog #500!

Huzzahs, hoorahs, fanfare, and all that jazz. And to think it all started with a thank you to the staff. So why the fuck not? Let's do that again! 

I'd like to thank some people before moving on to other business. First, a thank you to the Giant Bomb staff and all the folks at Whiskey Media for creating one hell of a great conglomerate of websites, especially Giant Bomb where I and thousands of people around the universe call our internet home. And while I sometimes find myself at odds with some of the opinions here, the staff always makes it entertaining and even a bit silly. I mean, it's only video games. Second, a thank you to the thousands of comments from the hundreds who have read at least one of my contributions to this blog. I may not be the most popular blogger... or the sexiest... but as long as you keep reading, I'll keep typing. I had the courage to look back at some of my old material which contains some relatively short blogs even by my standards with comments from Giant Bomb members who have long since passed away. It's a little strange to see the earliest blogs with literally 0 comments (and even less content) but hopefully those days are long gone. And third, I would like to thank myself... because I'm just so damn awesome. 

But you're new here? Well here's a refresher course. 

A brief history of my blog.

As for the other 400+ blogs... they can rot in hell.

Where to go from here?

This blog is something that's been maturing and fermenting since July 21, 2008 and at this time, I have no plans to stop. I may not spam blog 5 days a week anymore, but I still manage to bitch or praise something every other day. I shall keep going and you can join me... or not. I'd probably still be ranting about Nintendo games or tell the story of a Steam sale gone awry or how older games are amazing, but it's nice to know somebody out there is interested in what some dude from Pennsylvania has to say. 

Thanks for reading, Claude! And thanks for adding this to the Community Spotlight, ZombiePie. 

There, now he HAS to do it! 

Update: they fixed the image and video posting, but still no full body imagery.
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#2  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Congratulations on the big 500!  I didn't know if I was supposed to bring a gift or some food or something, so, uh.... here's a lighter and some gas station nachos as my celebratory offering!  Wheeee!

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By benpack

Congrats. See you again at 1000.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

You reached 500, so you are automatically cooler than Sweep.  TAKE THAT, YA FUCKIN' BURGER!!! 

Also, nice turkey.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, how the hell did you copy my blog without my noticing? ArbitraryWater couldn't fly under the radar, but you can? Whatever, it's actually a pretty good take on my style of blogging. Still, you're not the sexiest blogger around. This guy is.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

Congratulations! I hope to blog as much as you one day. I, however, will include links to all previous 499 blog posts when I make my 500th.  

People are going to hate it.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By scarace360

Gratz on 500 when yu reach a 1000 you may become a mod.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

After looking at some of those blogs, I remember the blogs more than my comments. I guess that's how history changes.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By BraveToaster

Congrats

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Bigandtasty

I was going to be like "He's on fire!" but you changed your avatar. =(

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By RobotHamster

Awesome, congratulations man!  

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @jakob187 said:
    " You reached 500, so you are automatically cooler than Sweep.  TAKE THAT, YA FUCKIN' BURGER!!! "
    I was just about to say this! 

You trivialise my meagre efforts at blogging, Dalai. I want to be inside you now more than ever. 

CONGRATS!!

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By danielkempster

Congratulations, Dalai. Here's to the next 500, eh?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#14  Edited By LordAndrew
    @Video_Game_King: Ha! I was just reading that blog for the first time, and I was surprised you didn't comment. And apparently didn't notice it at all.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dalai
    @Video_Game_King said:

" Wait, how the hell did you copy my blog without my noticing? ArbitraryWater couldn't fly under the radar, but you can? Whatever, it's actually a pretty good take on my style of blogging. Still, you're not the sexiest blogger around. This guy is. "

It would've been better if I chose more obscure games, but I do with what I've got. 

@Claude said:

" After looking at some of those blogs, I remember the blogs more than my comments. I guess that's how history changes. "

And vice versa. It helps that you've commented in probably 70% of them. 

@Sweep said:

" @jakob187 said:

" You reached 500, so you are automatically cooler than Sweep.  TAKE THAT, YA FUCKIN' BURGER!!! "
    I was just about to say this! 

You trivialise my meagre efforts at blogging, Dalai. I want to be inside you now more than ever. 

CONGRATS!!

"
    Perhaps you've forgotten about this. 

I have a long way to go, guys. Also, your Britishness is really showing.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By Yummylee

You're welcome.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By sjupp

Congratulations dude, let me play you this song to help you figure out what to do next. (Hint: make another 500)

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Dalai: Where is that from? Is that an updated one, because I wasn't on the October version that Ethan posted :S
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By tebbit

I have 17 blogs... 

You are 29.412 times the man I'll ever be. 
    Keep it up! I like reading your blogs :D

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sweep  Moderator
    @Dalai: Aha, the gallery pic is different, didn't see that. 

In my own defence, once Ethan had recalculated for November I came in 7th. However you and I both know that we are only cool by association

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.