#1 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Quickest price drop ever?

#2 Posted by Vinny_Says (5691 posts) -

Did it come out already?

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Barrock said:

Quickest price drop ever?

Still the same price on Gamestop 

And chances are it dropped because Toys r us is offering it cheaper and amazon does price matches. 
#4 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@Vinny_Says said:

Did it come out already?

Nope. June.

Hmmm, that's possible Laughing Man.

#5 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

People got Amazon to price match Toys R Us's preorder offer, it happens all the time. I got Silent Hill Downpour for $35 on release that way.

#6 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Sweet.

#7 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I got 360 Witcher 2 on release for that price.

#8 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@TentPole said:

I got 360 Witcher 2 on release for that price.

Same here. Toys R Us and Target had it for cheap.

#9 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

It has been €49 ever since on Amazon europe. Makes me wonder if this has something to do with the quality or game length...

#10 Posted by hughesman (312 posts) -

They should sell these games cheaper from the start anyway. They put it next to COD, Mass Effect, Battlefield and whatever other game that has been marketed heavily for months, for the same price and expect it to sell to anyone that doesn't know who SUDA 51 is. THAT BE CRAZY!

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (14596 posts) -

@Morrow: Been plenty of games that launch at a special price to goose sales. Heck, I remember I think it was Toys-R-Us had a huge sale on Batman:Arkham Asylum when it launched that really made sales spike.

#12 Posted by AndrewB (7519 posts) -

Pre-ordering some games often nets you a $10-$20 discount. I bought Mass Effect 3 for a little over $45 before it was out.

#13 Posted by BonOrbitz (2175 posts) -

Pre-order PLACED! I had no clue the price dropped until today... That's a great price and I hope it boosts sales.

#14 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

@benjaebe said:

People got Amazon to price match Toys R Us's preorder offer, it happens all the time. I got Silent Hill Downpour for $35 on release that way.

It's this. Happens. It's always why Amazon is always the bet option.

#15 Posted by fox01313 (5064 posts) -

Will probably jump back up closer to release. Sounds like a good price though still foggy on the game being something fun (premise sounds good just not sure on controls/camera being fun or a problem).

#16 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -

BOMBA! 

Seriously though, the market is horrible right now, I'm not surprised at all. 

#17 Posted by Tesla (1911 posts) -

Thanks for the heads up!

#18 Edited by bybeach (4735 posts) -

I've gotten good prices on good games out the door at Amazon, plus extra future off..thev'e been a bit stingy lately though...

Stingy in that I wants it for free!!! ..probably asking for a desease...

#19 Posted by kerse (2103 posts) -

toys r us always has the games cheap on release, and then amazon will sometimes match the price if enough people ask about it

#20 Posted by Ocean_H (290 posts) -

Wow, lots of you guys never heard of pre-order prices? Home movies on DVD and Blu-ray have been doing it for a long time. Now they're doing it for video games too. Where have you guys been?

#21 Posted by Demoskinos (14596 posts) -

DAMN IT. I procrastinated for months on the pre-order and now Amazon raised the price back to a full $60. I hope some of you got your order in.

#22 Posted by Hector (3356 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

DAMN IT. I procrastinated for months on the pre-order and now Amazon raised the price back to a full $60. I hope some of you got your order in.

Haha! Same here. I was just about to cancel my Gamestop pre-order but just found it's back up to $59. :/

#23 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Whoa whoa guys, you should really keep up with CheapAssGamers, because at ToysRUs its still 44.99!

But I believe it's only online price, I havent checked in stores, but on the site its 44.99, with free shipping might I add.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.