Best Pre-Order Bonuses EVER!

#1 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

That Ash costume!

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36068 posts) -

Do I get a lollipop shaped like a chainsaw?

#3 Posted by 1337W422102 (1005 posts) -

DAT ASH

#4 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
#5 Posted by StarvingGamer (8028 posts) -

Do they correspond to different retailers? Where do I get which?

#6 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

Amazon:

Add Juliet to your pinup collection and pop cherries with Rockabilly!

Best Buy:

Head bang with the Goth Girl outfit.

Step into the Funk with Juliet’s golden Foxy Funk outfit.

GameStop:

Become the original chainsaw master with the legendary Ash from Evil Dead.

Bonus for GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ members – Get insane with Jimmy Urine from Mindless Self Indulgence.

#7 Posted by benspyda (2030 posts) -

A female Ash. Of course that makes perfect sense. Preorder bonuses still suck though.

#8 Posted by coaxmetal (1579 posts) -

These are ok I guess? Idk, this game is going to live or die by the combat for me. Crazy and Bayonetta style combat? Yes, please, that was the best combat system in a 3rd person action game to date. I hope it's comperable.

#9 Posted by StarvingGamer (8028 posts) -
@Barrock Awesome, so I can still get it from Amazon. Thanks!
#10 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

@Barrock said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Amazon:

Add Juliet to your pinup collection and pop cherries with Rockabilly!

Best Buy:

Head bang with the Goth Girl outfit.

Step into the Funk with Juliet’s golden Foxy Funk outfit.

GameStop:

Become the original chainsaw master with the legendary Ash from Evil Dead.

Bonus for GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ members – Get insane with Jimmy Urine from Mindless Self Indulgence.

I do love me some MSI. Looks like I'm going with GameStop!

#11 Posted by Strife777 (1503 posts) -

The costumes are pretty great but they're still retailer specific pre-order bonuses, so that ain't cool.

#12 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

@boshjoyer said:

This picture has never been more accurate. That Ash costume is incredible.

EDIT: If only it was a different costume for Power-Up Rewards. Not a fan of MSI at all. (no offense to any fans, I just can't stand them)

#13 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

Not a fan of MSI at all.

Spoken like a true fan.

#14 Edited by Zidd (1838 posts) -

The thing that sucks about retailer specific preorder bonuses is that they rarely release them afterwards as any kind of DLC and when they do its long after everyone who gave a shit stopped playing the game.

#15 Edited by Tesla (1909 posts) -

Pretty cool, too bad the Ash costume is Gamestop. I'll be getting it from Amazon as usual.

#16 Posted by Hector (3356 posts) -

@boshjoyer said:

I second that notion!

#17 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1188 posts) -

That last costume is too funky.

#18 Posted by TooSweet (378 posts) -

I would like that Ash costume but it's Game Stop so I'll skip. Amazon for me.

#19 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1188 posts) -

Also technically Portrait of Ruin had the best Pre order bonus.

#20 Posted by Sergio (2054 posts) -

It's a shame the Ash costume is Game Stop exclusive. Pretty much guarantees I don't pre-order this and will most likely wait until it comes down in price.

#21 Posted by rmanthorp (3884 posts) -

DAT ASH

#22 Posted by PenguinDust (12454 posts) -
Does this mean that these costumes from the Japanese premium edition won't be crossing the Pacific?
#23 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

That's cool, I hope some of this comes over to Europe!

#24 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4303 posts) -

@PenguinDust: Turns out we'll be getting every piece of content Japan is getting, but it'll be paid DLC. There was a story on Destructoid a week or 2 ago.

@Morrow: I think Europe is getting all the costumes too.

#25 Posted by 49th (2694 posts) -

Ohoho, I like the second one.

#26 Posted by PenguinDust (12454 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo: Yeah, I read that on Siliconera a few days ago.

We followed up to learn more, and found out that all costumes — aside from the ones that are being included with pre-orders – will be available on the disc in the standard edition of the game (there is no premium edition in the U.S.).

That's cool because there are a few anime inspired ones that have been announced since then like the school uniforms from High School of the Dead.

#27 Posted by Voxus (322 posts) -

If you can play the entire game from the start with the Ash costume, I might actually play this.

#28 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -

@PenguinDust said:

@BabyChooChoo: Yeah, I read that on Siliconera a few days ago.

We followed up to learn more, and found out that all costumes — aside from the ones that are being included with pre-orders – will be available on the disc in the standard edition of the game (there is no premium edition in the U.S.).

That's cool because there are a few anime inspired ones that have been announced since then like the school uniforms from High School of the Dead.

Now it's a hard choice for me between maining the Ash costume or the Seiko (High School of the Dead) costume. Decisions, decisions.

#29 Posted by Lady_of_the_patriots (73 posts) -

@joshthebear said:

This ^^^

#30 Posted by Djratchet (668 posts) -

Getting Ash and Jimmy. And then I will buy the Shiro outfit from Deadman Wonderland on top of that. I know I am encouraging horrible things... but I CANT HELP IT

#31 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -

Have fun spraying your semen everywhere, guys. 

I'm bowing out of this one.

#32 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

@Vegetable_Side_Dish: Gotta love the idea that because there is a female character with changeable costumes, the only redeeming factor and sole purpose of the game is masturbation. Shows where your heart is, I guess.

#33 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

A lollipop was my first thought too.

#34 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -
@sickVisionz: You mean all those miniskirts, garters, skintight catsuits, low cut tops and uspkirt shots are somehow not sexualization of the already idealized female character?  
(And where did I say the only redeeming factor and sole purpose of this game is masturbation?)
#35 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

@sickVisionz: You mean all those miniskirts, garters, skintight catsuits, low cut tops and uspkirt shots are somehow not sexualization of the already idealized female character? (And where did I say the only redeeming factor and sole purpose of this game is masturbation?)

It's a game and their is gameplay to it. The "have fun spraying your semen" seemed to focus solely on a character wearing a skirt and present that as the only reason people would be interested in it and that you have "bowed out." If that was the wrong assumption, what did you mean by your post?

#36 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -
@sickVisionz said:

@sickVisionz: You mean all those miniskirts, garters, skintight catsuits, low cut tops and uspkirt shots are somehow not sexualization of the already idealized female character? (And where did I say the only redeeming factor and sole purpose of this game is masturbation?)

It's a game and their is gameplay to it. The "have fun spraying your semen" seemed to focus solely on a character wearing a skirt and present that as the only reason people would be interested in it and that you have "bowed out." If that was the wrong assumption, what did you mean by your post?

This thread is about alternate costumes for the character. Most of these costumes (Ash being a notable exception) and almost all other media I see of this game massively sexualize the female lead for no reason other than sexualization itself. I don't have a problem with this, sexualization has its place, I'm just speaking the truth in that many people will buy this game largely due to sex appeal, and I was purposefully trying to make the thread a little more awkward in saying that directly. 

Also, people on the internet quoting me talking about semen is pretty cool. 
#37 Posted by darkvare (759 posts) -

i'll pre order this guys an you know why? cause my local blockbuster is giving all 4 of them with preorders

#38 Posted by RabidMickeyMouse (6 posts) -

I wanted this game, then I saw the Ash skin pre-order and immediately drove to Gamestop!

#39 Posted by Nilazz (607 posts) -

Cool!

#40 Posted by Corvak (910 posts) -

You guys are all forgetting the inflatable chainsaw. For shame.

#41 Posted by cheddartyme (133 posts) -

I read the first three words in the OP as "dat ash costume" .

#42 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

I got dat Ash costume.

#43 Edited by Djratchet (668 posts) -

@sickVisionz said:

This thread is about alternate costumes for the character. Most of these costumes (Ash being a notable exception) and almost all other media I see of this game massively sexualize the female lead for no reason other than sexualization itself. I don't have a problem with this, sexualization has its place, I'm just speaking the truth in that many people will buy this game largely due to sex appeal, and I was purposefully trying to make the thread a little more awkward in saying that directly. Also, people on the internet quoting me talking about semen is pretty cool.

Have you considered maybe people are just excited for the game? Give me an Ash outfit for a male protagonist (or other equally awesome outfits) for a game as fun as LC and I would still be just as excited.

Also, glad they made the non-preorder outfits unlockable in-game rather than forcing us to buy them.

#44 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

How about a chainsaw of lollipops? It would be a diabetics' nightmare!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.