Reviews

#1 Edited by Jeust (10488 posts) -

Here are two to kick off:

http://golden4games.com/en/report/review/33454-lollipop-chainsaw-7.html

http://www.narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=198965

Update:

Other review scores are presented from page 5 onwards: http://www.giantbomb.com/lollipop-chainsaw/61-35948/reviews/35-550436/?page=5

Here are the reviews as they have come:

#2 Edited by iAmJohn (6110 posts) -

So some crazy arabic site and a Naruto fan forum. This bodes well.

Still getting my copy tomorrow but I'm really not sure what to make of this game. And the fact that there's no buzz about it makes me kind of concerned.

#3 Posted by Ramone (2960 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

#4 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@Ramone said:

@iAmJohn said:

#5 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -

I predict  around a 6 out of 10 from everywhere

#6 Posted by spree4567 (138 posts) -

Embargo is midnight tonight so big sites won't have them up until then.

#7 Posted by alternate (2688 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

Still getting my copy tomorrow but I'm really not sure what to make of this game. And the fact that there's no buzz about it makes me kind of concerned.

More likely it is because shitty little foreign sites can break embargo with no comebacks.

With zero chance of them being on the review copy list they rush to find a local store who will slip them an early copy - or more commonly just review the pirate release.

#8 Posted by alternate (2688 posts) -

@spree4567 said:

It is dumb. Game has already leaked all over the internets. If I want to hear early opinions I have to get them from a spotty bedroom pirate rather than a trusted big media outlet. PR might want to consider that they are doing more harm than good.

#9 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
The average age of game and Action of the game pieces, but it is suitable for such games, which depend on the murder and enthusiasm with the possibility of the game more than once.

best thing i've ever read.

i think i'll wait until tomorrow to pass judgement instead of basing it on reviews from sources that i can't really call credible

#10 Edited by Jeust (10488 posts) -

Such negativity! I think to early buyers these early reviews might give an idea of what they are in for.

Also calling shitty something you never heard before is disrespectful and ignorant, especially since the western culture isn't exposed to the arab culture.

#11 Posted by Demoskinos (14591 posts) -

@iAmJohn: There is never any buzz for suda games. His games are pretty much only bought by the cult following that he has.

#12 Posted by SockLobster (456 posts) -

@Jeust said:

Also calling shitty something you never heard before is disrespectful.

i do not know what is this thread

who is and why, we may never or will have known

#13 Posted by Jeust (10488 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
The average age of game and Action of the game pieces, but it is suitable for such games, which depend on the murder and enthusiasm with the possibility of the game more than once.

i think i'll wait until tomorrow to pass judgement instead of basing it on reviews from sources that i can't really call credible

But what is credible when game journalists' integrity come into question? 

I personally prefer user reviews.
#14 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@Jeust said:

@AjayRaz said:

But what is credible when game journalists' integrity come into question? I personally prefer user reviews.

So you're one of those people. Not every review is a conspiracy.

#15 Posted by believer258 (11683 posts) -

@Jeust said:

@AjayRaz said:

But what is credible when game journalists' integrity come into question? I personally prefer user reviews.

Well, game journalists generally have a good grasp of proper - or at least understandable - sentence structure.

#16 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@Jeust: You should really temper your expectations. Your just setting yourself up for bigger disappointment. I'm waiting till it's 20 bucks like it do with all suda games.
#17 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

I've heard good things. I preordered it for $45 bucks when Amazon price-matched and I'm happy with that price. I'm a sucker for all things Suda though, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

#18 Posted by Demoskinos (14591 posts) -

@Jeust: I can't take most user reviews seriously because usually they devolve to ZOMG THIS GAME IS THE WORST EVER the graphix look leik ps2 and theres no multiplayer if u buy dis game ur stupid. Had more people the intellect and writing skills to actually break apart a game and realize that reviewing a game isn't such a binary thing then possibly I would consider user reviews. And there are some people who can do just that I've read a number of good reviews on Giantbomb. Outside of Giantbomb however the ratio of good to bad user reviews seems tipped in the scale of the latter of the two.

#19 Posted by Mutley (300 posts) -

I can't wait for this game despite what the reviews say, Suda 51 is awesome.

#20 Posted by Jeust (10488 posts) -

@Totori said:

@Jeust: You should really temper your expectations. Your just setting yourself up for bigger disappointment. I'm waiting till it's 20 bucks like it do with all suda games.

I'm interested in the game, but I'm not buying yet.

#21 Posted by iAmJohn (6110 posts) -

@Jeust said:

@AjayRaz said:

Yeah, because Golden 4 Games is really this super credible outlet of journalistic integrity, I hear they're the next Kotaku!

#22 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@Jeust said:

@Totori said:

I'm interested in the game, but I'm not buying yet.

Well not just for this game, but life in general.
#23 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

I watched a video with the first five minutes of gameplay and it looks atrocious. Barely animated cut-scenes, long loading times, annoying MC and bad writing. The gameplay doesn't look much fun either. People praise Suda for originality, but nothing about "cheerleader fights zombies" seems original at all. I used to be neutral but I'm growing to dislike him, and hearing about the working conditions at Grasshopper isn't helping.

#24 Posted by Demoskinos (14591 posts) -

@Totori: Fuuuck that. I'm the captain of this Hype train. Choo choo all the way to San Romero. Suda has never let me down.

#25 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@Demoskinos: You mean conductor of the hype train, or are you the guy that shovels coal into the engine?
#26 Posted by Jayzilla (2555 posts) -

@alternate said:

@spree4567 said:

It is dumb. Game has already leaked all over the internets. If I want to hear early opinions I have to get them from a spotty bedroom pirate rather than a trusted big media outlet. PR might want to consider that they are doing more harm than good.

did you expect anything else from a game about an overly sexualized teenager with a chainsaw? what are you looking for? are you looking for a hidden gem that changes the way games are made with a riveting story? give me a break. this game is a rental at the most, and that is being generous.

#27 Posted by Demoskinos (14591 posts) -

@Totori: Both! This train needs to go faster. *shovels more coal* FASTER I SAY!

#28 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@Demoskinos: Don't you find it odd that the hype train runs on coal? I'd think the hype train would just run on belief like santa.
#29 Posted by Demoskinos (14591 posts) -

@Totori: Don't bring yer fancy logic into this. =p

#30 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@Demoskinos: I win
#31 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

I got the game for twenty bucks off of Amazon. It's a Suda game and it has references to Kore ha Zombie Desuka? and High school of the Dead. I'm going to love it

#32 Posted by Demoskinos (14591 posts) -

@Bocam: Yep. Glad they left all the anime costumes in the game for western release. Even with a bunch of stuff that I don't think is even out in the west like manyuu hikenchou.

#33 Posted by Totori (559 posts) -
@Bocam said:

I got the game for twenty bucks off of Amazon. It's a Suda game and it has references to Kore ha Zombie Desuka? and High school of the Dead. I'm going to love it

Yeah, when I find it for 20 bucks it's going to be high school of the dead costume start to finish.
#34 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

I've seen zero footage of this game and have kept away from all articles apart from, its reveal. I'm excited.

#35 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

@alternate said:

@spree4567 said:

Some people buy what's popular in their friend group or what is recommended personally to them. Others read reviews from media outlets. The second group isn't swayed by "spotty bedroom pirates".

#36 Posted by Jeust (10488 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Jeust: I can't take most user reviews seriously because usually they devolve to ZOMG THIS GAME IS THE WORST EVER the graphix look leik ps2 and theres no multiplayer if u buy dis game ur stupid. Had more people the intellect and writing skills to actually break apart a game and realize that reviewing a game isn't such a binary thing then possibly I would consider user reviews. And there are some people who can do just that I've read a number of good reviews on Giantbomb. Outside of Giantbomb however the ratio of good to bad user reviews seems tipped in the scale of the latter of the two.

There you go! There are good user reviews, and they are easy to spot.

#37 Edited by Jeust (10488 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@Jeust said:

@AjayRaz said:

Yeah, because Golden 4 Games is really this super credible outlet of journalistic integrity, I hear they're the next Kotaku!

What game outlets can you name outside of the United States by memory? :p

#38 Posted by theoldhouse (439 posts) -

Honestly it's Suda 51, itll be average gameplay with Suda 51 humour and personality. You either love it or don't. Who needs reviews for this?

#39 Edited by iAmJohn (6110 posts) -

@Jeust said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Jeust said:

@AjayRaz said:

Edge, Eurogamer, Games™, Famitsu, Gamekyo, need I continue?

#40 Edited by Jeust (10488 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@Jeust said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Jeust said:

@AjayRaz said:

You can continue... What about arab, israeli, indian, chinese, thai? Do you know any?

And it is beside the point. I never said they were super credible outlet of journalistic integrity. I said before in this thread that at this point information is important for early adopters. Beggers can't be choosers isn't it?

#41 Posted by iAmJohn (6110 posts) -

@Jeust said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Jeust said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Jeust said:

@AjayRaz said:

You can continue... What about arab?

I can't name one off the top of my head, but if you're trying to imply that this Arabic site written in broken English is this huge, well-touted site by virtue of I can't prove that it's not, you're gonna have to do better than that.

#42 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

So basically these reviews are written by sites that broke the embargo? Classy and Reliable.

#43 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

@Totori: Hopefully it's not like Batman where you have finish the game first to be able to play with a different skin

#44 Posted by Demoskinos (14591 posts) -

Speaking of outside media outlets Famitsu reviewed this 9/9/9 which is a really high score.

#45 Edited by Jeust (10488 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@Jeust said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Jeust said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Jeust said:

@AjayRaz said:

You can continue... What about arab?

I can't name one off the top of my head, but if you're trying to imply that this Arabic site written in broken English is this huge, well-touted site by virtue of I can't prove that it's not, you're gonna have to do better than that.

Far from it. I'm just making the point that because you don't know it, it is ignorance to imply anything about it. Wether it is really virtuous or not. I never said it was good and reliable. I just think that due to the shortage of information available now, it is stupid to dismiss the review, just because we don't know the outlet. In the same way we don't need to take everything written for granted and true.

#46 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

@iAmJohn: There's no buzz? Everyone I know is ready for it to come out.

#47 Posted by theoldhouse (439 posts) -

If they break embargo then they aren't a respectable site. End of.

#48 Posted by mnzy (2912 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

@iAmJohn: There's no buzz? Everyone I know is ready for it to come out.

Everyone you know? You must live in some crazy Suda-Kult village.
#49 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Speaking of outside media outlets Famitsu reviewed this 9/9/9 which is a really high score.

Not to be super negative here or anything, but Famitsu mostly scores super high as far as I know. Not saying Nintendogs didn't deserve that perfect score of course.

#50 Posted by Voxus (322 posts) -

Is Garcia 'Fucking' Hotspur in this? No? Not interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.