Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Lord of the Rings Online

Franchise »

A MMORPG set in Tolkien's Middle-Earth. The Lord of the Rings Online became free to play starting September 10th, 2010 and later that year in Europe.

I want to give this game a 2nd chance but

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By amir90

I have registreted on site for LOTRO, and I still have the game discs, should I download the whole game, or can I install the main game and just install the patches?

What about all the expansions that has been made?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Downloading might be faster, the Shadow of Angmar discs are horribly outdated by now but both options will probably take a lil while, game is big.

You need not worry about the expansions.
    Mines of Moria added two new classes but you already have all the originals to chose from. 
    Them being Hunter, Champion, Guardian, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Captain and Burglar.

All Moria content is accessible from lvl 45 but recommend for lvl 50 and up.
    Mirkwood is lvl 60 and Isengard starts at 65, so that is a fair way off for any new player.

And one very important tip: ENJOY the game, do not rush levels as it gains you nothing, this is a game based on the journey and the experience, not getting through it all as fast as possible like some other MMO's.
    Enjoy, turn up the music and live the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.