Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lords of the Fallen

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

A fantasy action-RPG developed by CI Games and Deck 13 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The protagonist, convicted and ostracized for his crimes by a draconian society, is called upon to stop an army of demons commanded by a god who was long ago overthrown.

looks like a fun rip-off of dark souls.

• 70 results
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

This game is coming in a few days. Now since I have a Xone I can choose between this or sunset overdrive, and for now I'm going with lords of the fallen. It's impossible not to compared it to demon/dark souls games, but it actually doesn't look bad at all. Even though it borrowed alot gameplay elements from the series. Graphical it kinda reminds me of darksiders which is cool with me.

I look forward to playing it alot, and I'm going to see if I can get my vacation time in from my job, but I may get screwed out of it thanks to people not explaining a fucking thing of how it works. I just want to relax and enjoy the game to the fullest.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By rethla

It looks like the inevitable mainstream demon souls clone, it remains to see if it holds up.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

The developers arent shying away from the comparison, and in fact they welcome it and have said so many times. they are huge fans of the series and from the changes they are implementing into their game it could be very interesting.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warning! It's from the developers of Venetica so don't get your hopes up.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aww, that boss's sparkly sword doesn't look anywhere near as good as it did in the demos they showed off.

Anyway, this does look pretty fun. Not digging the character design though. I'll pick it up once it gets a price drop.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like it's much more story driven, so that's a plus in my book. One thing I always was a bit 'meh' on in the Souls games was how vague the stories were, and at times you didn't even know why you were doing what you were doing. Combat looks like it's almost a carbon copy of the Souls games, which is alright since the Souls games have great combat. The only thing I'm not too fond of the fact that you're stuck playing a premade character. I wish it let you make your own guy. Still, for a clone of the Souls games, it looks surprisingly good.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I gather from this is mostly one thing: The so called "B-tier" devs are catching up, at least graphics wise.

I just recently finished Risen 3 on PC and thought it looked pretty awesome in spots. Not AC Unity material, but still.. Lords of the Fallen looks even better, at least to me. The gameplay part remains to be seen.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's sort of cool in some way to have the Souls games this directly ripped off. If you're going to copy a series, why not those?

Zeds_Dead_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting on reception before making a purchase decision but it looks good enough to have me interested.

More narrative than Souls is a huge plus for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This looks way more imitation than I thought it would be. I assumed it would borrow some concepts like death, but overall be a faster action game. It looks like they're borrowing everything they possibly can.

Also does the camera shake when he swings his sword or is it just me?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The checkpoint system looks super cool

bearfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can't figure out who this game is for. people that heard about dark souls but are afraid to try it because of its difficulty? i can't imagine that dark souls fans will actually enjoy this game for too long

the gameplay videos i've seen (~2 hours worth) make lords of the fallen look almost exactly like dark souls minus the character customization and difficulty. most importantly it cribs the slow paced, animation-dependent combat directly from dark souls. i don't think that style of combat works in a game that appears to be easy, or at least much easier than dark souls

dark souls combat is methodical and slow out of necessity. mistakes are very heavily punished in dark souls so you have to exercise patience to watch and learn your own attack animations as well as the enemies' if you don't want to die over and over. removing or lessening punishment for mistakes defeats the point of the pacing of dark souls-style combat. if there's no real threat of dying, and it seems there isn't any real threat of dying in lords of the fallen, why force the player into this plodding and methodical style of combat?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're a sane person that wants a holdover for Bloodborne this is for you. If you're not interested at all in basic reasoning then you'll bitch incessantly about it without ever playing it.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ezekiel

As a Souls fan, I'm not at all interested. I'd prefer a unique combat system. A better one. The evade looks ridiculous. Why is he rolling with so much armor? The large equipment is unappealing. I prefer well designed pre-made characters over user created characters, because character creators are always crummy and the equipment often doesn't fit the body or is suspended in midair. But I dislike this character. I also dislike the Estus system in which two hits means death, which is present in this game. I don't want to drink during combat. I wonder if this game has Souls' cycling item system too. That's gotten me killed a lot.

@random45 said:

Looks like it's much more story driven, so that's a plus in my book. One thing I always was a bit 'meh' on in the Souls games was how vague the stories were, and at times you didn't even know why you were doing what you were doing.

I like that. It allows me to relax and play for hours and hours at a time. For hundreds of hours. Story games are kind of a chore a lot of the time.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sterling

Been excited for this game since E3. Can't wait for Tuesday.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@sterling: I'm getting it the following monday according to Amazon, have to prevent myself from spoiling the game somehow.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: Aw man. That sucks. And you saying that made me check my Amazon order. It says Thursday delivery. I guess lower end titles don't get release date delivery? Thats a shame. Maybe I'll cancel and I go digital for this one. Hmmm.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@sterling: Assuming the soundtrack comes with its own CD I'd rather have the hard copy, if not then digital seems fine.

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Istealdreams

Ive not yet seen any early impressions or previews that have said this game is bad. Infact they have been mostly glowing with a few small exceptions. As a huge Demon Souls / DS1+2 fan, I am really looking forward to this to tide me over until Bloodborne.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

They've already taken too much directly from the Souls games... it looks like it's doomed to live in the shadow of those games. Everything down to the ambient noise is fangame levels of imitation. I hope there's more to this than the gameplay video lets on, because I do like the Souls game design, but I have no reason to believe this is particularly inspired anyway just yet. I'm getting a real RC Cola vibe from this.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By l4wd0g

I was watching Marcus (EpicNameBro) discussing the preview build. Honestly, it sounds pretty great. The taken a lot from the Souls series, but they have tweaked enough to make me interested. the risk v. reward of your "blood stain" sounds great. Only having one character you can max out. Timing of attacks leading to combos... etc.

Loading Video...

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I had enough extra moolah to play this game... I find it so interesting because I've never actually bought one of these games, and it sort of looks like Zelda and Darskiders if you squint.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I had enough extra moolah to play this game... I find it so interesting because I've never actually bought one of these games, and it sort of looks like Zelda and Darskiders if you squint.

I was going to get this game, but I went on the xbone market place and saw Shadow Warrior (reboot). Which won over my interests for Lords of the Fallen and sunset overdrive. I've wanted to play that game for a VERY long time.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

If this is like a Dark Siders to Zelda situation, I'm sold.

The art reminds me of Dark Siders, and after watching these videos, I'm impressed with how good it looks (admittedly they're compressed to hell though because of my lack of good net) .

If it plays well and the story is interesting, I'm 100% there

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07 said:

I was going to get this game, but I went on the xbone market place and saw Shadow Warrior (reboot). Which won over my interests for Lords of the Fallen and sunset overdrive. I've wanted to play that game for a VERY long time.

I thought that name sounded familiar. I remember seeing that GB quick look a while ago. That seems pretty worth it as its cheaper too, so cool.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By falserelic

@falserelic said:

@blu3v3nom07 said:

I thought that name sounded familiar. I remember seeing that GB quick look a while ago. That seems pretty worth it as its cheaper too, so cool.

It's fun as hell too. He's got the touch...he's got the power.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I still haven't finished DS2, so I can't really say I'll be playing this anytime soon. I'm happy to see another souls esque game though.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@sterling: Must... not get that trophy! Oh fuck spiders.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ezekiel

@fredchuckdave said:

@sterling: Must... not get that trophy! Oh fuck spiders.

I was thinking that too before I got Dark Souls II, but then I was so eager to explore that I fell in a hole within the first five minutes.

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LarryDavis

@istealdreams: bad previews are never published, due to desire to maintain developer/publisher relations, or optimism that the final game will be better. You can find glowing previews everywhere for some real stinkers.

@sterling the DS2 trophy wasn't a Creedence reference, though, so this game has that going for it

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game looks great. The difficulty of the souls games isn't what draws me to them it's the combat and the exploration. From the gameplay I've seen there are tons of hidden areas to explore and loads of weapons and loot to find. I was sold on this game instantly after seeing it in action.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@benspyda: Good for you sir, happy to see a positive reaction. How many hours will we spend jumping into walls to see if they're breakable I wonder?

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might pass on this then.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@corevi said:

That game lacked so much needed polish, but I thought it was actually pretty fun mechanically. Not going to say it was a great game, but it is imo it was pretty under-appreciated. They felt like a team that if they had a bit more cash could have made a really good game.

Cautiously optimistic about LoF.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By benspyda

@fredchuckdave: How the character can just charge through walls and breakable objects like a goddamn space marine is so awesome. That is one hell of a way to find secrets.

FonRestorffian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played much yet, but I wrote a short review based on first impressions (not much of a review really, but might still be a fun read) http://www.giantbomb.com/lords-of-the-fallen/3030-42672/user-reviews/2200-27788
    I will write some less self-censored stuff on my bands gaming blog and try to upload some videos later tonight, you will find them here, we're from Poland, hence the strange domain-name: http://blog.fonrestorff.pl/

So far I'm cautiously optimistic about the game. Would prefer the DS2 DLC or having more fun with the nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor but got this game for free.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was watching streams of this and it maybe half dark souls half god of war. Seems pretty cool like the sound of weapons and armor clashing.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

That game played really awful but I liked some of the art direction in the cities.

Tackchevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Glad to start seeing Souls inspired games. After DKS2, I feel like From has taken it as far as they can with that formula, and it'll be up to others to add value for a while. This game, even things like Below, Titan Souls, etc, are great competitors for my interest and dollars. Excited for it to become a genre rather than a series.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I liked about the first Demon's Souls is the new stuff it brought. I'm not so much into the Dark Souls genre, as the, thinking up cool new shit to put into your games genre.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea played this at Pax and its basically Dark Souls but im sure the hardcore will find all the core differences.

what i really like about his one though, its that you can actually pause the damm game.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know if there will be reviews tomorrow? Didn't know the game existed before this thread, but now I'm cautiously optimistic.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MegaLombax

I'm cautiously excited for this game. Visually its real pretty but I'm not really fan of the art style. Somehow something about this screams generic design. Gameplay wise it looks awfully similar to Dark/Demon Souls, which is not a bad thing, but I'm hoping its not as punishing.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Patman99

I am also cautiously optimistic for this game. But I think that the bulk of my desire to play it is due to the absolute dearth of quality RPGs so far for the PS4.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/10/27/bloodborne-frame-rate-targeting-30fps-since-its-the-best-for-action-games-claims-producer/#/slide/1

I honestly agree.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Basm321

@patman99: that's my feeling. It look fun but I'd probably wait on it if there were any large RPGs on ps4. I just wanna level up, put stats in stuff and swing a sword. Though I do with this had more magic

Speaking of which I'm excited for magicka 2

BoneChompski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I watched some streaming footage and decided to buy it. I am a PC gamer and I love Dark Souls 1 and 2.

Got the preload done (20GB) and supposedly there will be a 5GB patch when it unlocks in 12 hours.

I'm excited.

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The thing that makes me scared to play dark souls is that it doesnt seem to explain anything to the player, and i dont really want to spend my time searching the internet for guides. This seems to hold your hand a bit more so i might check it out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.