Skills, use em or lose em?

#1 Posted by Zaapp1 (661 posts) -

Are any of the skills (other than ultimate hit, possibly) actually of any use?  I currently have about 30 slots per "special" character and I don't put any skills on any of them.  I don't know, they just don't seem worth waiting 2+ turns to do slightly more damage than you could in 1 turn.  Even something like MP Gift is overshadowed by auto mp recovery and relax.

#2 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -

I use the magic and the auto-barrier sometime. I also have ones like Power Hit and Factual Analysis.

#3 Posted by TheWesman (378 posts) -

Do you have to wait 2 turns for ALL of them?  I didn't know that... 

#4 Posted by Zaapp1 (661 posts) -

No, i'm just commenting on things like power hit, combo, member hit (dmg based on difference in number of members between you and enemy), slot hit (dmg based on empty slots), wall/walla/wallus (just use stand ready)  That sort of stuff.  It seems underpowered for what it is.

#5 Posted by lucas_kelly (769 posts) -

They do come in handy from time to time.

#6 Posted by maxx77 (247 posts) -

The activation skills are pretty weak and have limited usefulness for the most part. I don't normally have Tolten in my party as a result. I think the passive skills are much better to have, ie, more HP, more MP, element resistances, etc.

#7 Posted by Zaapp1 (661 posts) -

Definitely, Tolten (imo) is just there for you to learn his skills and steal his weapons.

#8 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

I'm only on Disc 2, and Combo is pretty useful for me.
Unfortunately I just got Ming and realised I have NO SLOT SEEDS.
So Spirit Magic will have to wait.

#9 Posted by LightYagami245 (1117 posts) -
Zaapp1 said:
"Definitely, Tolten (imo) is just there for you to learn his skills and steal his weapons.
"
Agreed.
#10 Posted by Seb (365 posts) -

Combo is the only really useful skill. 3 Combo is useless though.

#11 Posted by HeLives (63 posts) -

Great skills,

Combo, Cut-down, All-Hit, Break Hit, Power Hit...Also, use spirit magic "Speeda" to cut down on time.  That makes move activation much faster.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.