Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Odyssey

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Feb 12, 2008

Lost Odyssey tells the epic journey of Kaim, a 1000 year old immortal with no memory of his past. He soon discovers there are other immortals as a conspiracy begins to unravel.

Worth Getting?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Red

So, I've kind of been low on cash for the past little while and I've been wondering what games to get at the end of this year. I still haven't picked up Lost Odyssey but I was sort of thinking that I would get LittleBigPlanet, Soulcalibur 4, Infinite Undiscovery, Spore and maybe Chrono Trigger DS if I had enough money. So, is this game worth my hard-earned cash? Also, does it use random encounters or are the enemies you face seen on the world map?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I'm not gonna say 'not' to pick up lost odysssey since I have no interest in it what so ever and haven't played it, and yes it uses random encounters. I would say with all the great games coming out soon you would be best waiting for something you're looking forward to playing in the next couple months, to buy them instead, if you want to try the game though, give it a rent.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By suneku

It's a good jrpg, however, I would probably go for one of the ones you listed. But I definitely recommend you play it eventually.

LeBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By LeBart

I loved that game for its story (especialy the first and third Disc actualy) and for the written dreams. I enjoyed the gameplay but it's very old school so, maybe give it a try if you can.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5
    deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you like very old school jrpgs then Lost Odyssey is perfect for you. 

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Illmatic

Up to the fourth disc and I will say it is very old school but in a way that you don't see in video games. It doesn't try to pretend to be something revolutionary which is in a way refreshing. The story is pretty cliche though in terms of dialogue. With lines like "If there's any place your soul would go, it's in your memories," you may be excersising your face if you cringe the amount of times I did each time they spoke.

maxx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By maxx77

I loved Lost Odyssey through and through. The acting, the story, the music, the gameplay, it hit all the right notes for me. If you liked the NES-SNES Final Fantasy games, you'll really like this.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Emilio

Get it eventually. If you like more story in your JRPGs then this is full of story.

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Evilross

Lost Odyessy is a fantastic game. Its well written, looks good, and has a great soundtrack.

The characters are well developed and memorable, the story is well told, but not groundbreaking. The characters and the dreams really take the spotlight, and they really shine.

The gameplay is very oldschool JRPG, so you know right from the start if you will like it or not. I personnaly enjoyed this game a great deal, It was the last game I played on 360 before mine died  (again) from a disc drive failure, and I parted ways Microsoft for good.

Lost Odyessy is easily the best JRPG of this gen so far. There are some good ones coming out in the next year that may challenge that, but either way, if your a JRPG fan, you'd be selling yourself short not to play LO.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Demyx

Id say you might as well wait until the price goes down, a lot of good games coming out.

but if you are into JRPGs then you should get it.

creamstatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By creamstatic
    Demyx said:
    "Id say you might as well wait until the price goes down, a lot of good games coming out.

but if you are into JRPGs then you should get it."
    I Got it, I definately dont regret getting it. I'll be playing some today actually.
    If you love RPGs like FF7, then its a definately must buy.
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By atejas

Better games coming out soon, but DEFINITELY make sure you pick it up if you like JRPGs, just do it later.

LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By LightYagami245

The game is worth the cash to me. I enjoy the story and the sidequests you can do. The dream sequences are also very nice to read too.

HeLives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HeLives

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.