Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Planet 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 11, 2010

In the follow-up to Lost Planet, players explore new environments as they see the story through the perspective of different groups of pirates trying to survive on E.D.N. III.

Brads Lost Planet 2 review was...bad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DoctorWelch

Its fairly obvious from his review that he either never played the original Lost Planet, or he never liked it at all. Aside from his complaints about the single player, everything he criticizes the game for was in the first one, the shooting, the movement, the grapple, the dodging, the falling and getting back up, etc. Just because the game is fairly different than most other third person shooters out now, doesnt mean its bad. Whenever any of the GB guys plays a game that feels different from other games they call it "jankey" or "clunky"(whatever the fuck that means). I guess it basically means "i'm not very good at the game so it must be the controls because there is no way it can be me". Now dont get me wrong, there are definitely times when they deservingly criticize games for bad controls and design flaws (deadly premonition comes to mind), but there are also many other times they criticize a games controls or design because they simply dont understand it and arent good at it (monster hunter comes to mind). Its one thing to not like a game for obvious design flaws, its another thing to say its bad because it isnt designed exactly like Gears of War or other third person shooters. 

Before I even read Brad's review or saw the score I could have told you he wasnt going to like the game because of how it plays. I just hope they hire another person or two soon to review some of the games that they have no business reviewing or even commenting on because of their bias going in. 

Edit: I decided to put my second post in here so people will actually read it before going insane 

Wow lol, woke up to like 4 billion messages. I'm not going to respond to all of them but yeah. I knew i was going to get bashed for "criticizing someones opinion" or "whining" or any of the other usual comebacks that everyone on forums who disagrees with you have. Here's the thing though, I really dont care if someone doesnt like the game, thats ok with me, its not a big deal. Personally I thought the first game was about a 3/5 star game because the single player was kinda boring and pointless, and I the only way I'm am going to play the second one is most likely through gamefly. Even so, I'm going to defend LP2 because of the awful and undeserving score it got. The point is not that Brads opinion was "wrong" the point is he shouldnt have reviewed it.

Like I said before, I hate the words "clunky" and "janky", to me all that usually means is "different from other games" and LP2 is definitely different from other games. (also, I wouldnt have a problem with those two words if after they say those words they explain what that means in that specific game, but that rarely ever happens unless its in a review) Sometimes there is a very fine line between different and bad, and thats why you have to get the right people with the right perspective to review games. This is the exact reason that GB doesnt review sports games, because they have no perspective on the matter. I look at Brad's LP2 review in this exact way. He has no perspective on what makes this game fun. When I first started playing the original LP I was terrible because it was hard to get used to something so different. It was pretty frustrating until I kept playing and finally got the hang for how to play the game correctly. That doesnt mean the game is bad. Look at a game like Street Fighter. If I never played it before, and used the same logic as Brad does for LP, I could easily come away from that game saying "well the controls arent good because its really hard to pull off a characters ultra". If you have ever played Street Fighter you know that you just have to work on your execution, and that takes time. In the same way it takes time to get better at LP and once you do, the game starts getting extremely fun. 

If you still dont think what I am saying is justified, I have one more example to give: Resident Evil. Brad gave RE5 5 stars.(I am actually really surprised that his review of LP2 was so bad, I would expect someone who likes the RE series to understand why different controls arent always a bad thing, but I guess thats a little too much to ask from Brad.) Some people think that the RE5 games are terrible because of how they control. So what if Brad didnt review it, what if Jeff did. Jeff would have probably given it a 2/5 or 3/5 at best, because he knows going in that he hates RE. This is why they didnt have Jeff review RE5, and the exact same reason why Brad shouldnt be reviewing LP. No one wants to read a review from someone who doenst understand, or doesnt like, the game before he even plays it, that would be pointless. You want to read a review from someone that understands what they are reviewing and doesnt have a bias going in. Not to say that Brad didnt like the original LP going in, but he obviously never played the first one enough to grasp any of the gameplay. It all comes back to the sports game argument, you wouldnt want any of them reviewing those games because the dont understand them. 

So yet again I say, I hope the GB guys hire a few more people to review the games that they probably shouldnt reveiw, ie Lost Planet, Monster Hunter (I know they didnt review this but they covered it and it would have been cool to get someone who understands the Monster Hunter games in to review that game), and I might go as far as to say Final Fantasy (or all japanese rpgs), but thats a totally different discussion. If they dont hire anyone soon, I at least thing it might be a good idea to get some freelance reviews from good people so they can broaden the amount of content they are covering.  

All in all I love GB and the things these guys do, but on occasion, they say or do things that experienced professionals should understand not to say or do.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By PufferFiz

lp2 is just like Monster hunter, the west just doesnt get it. or better yet have their hands held to much that when I game does something different they can't handle it. I for one will be picking up a copy real soon.

thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By thejamster

how very....insightful? I dunno, you can't really blame someone for their opinion. the fact of the matter is that if you are not good at a game it's not always fun to play

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @DoctorWelch said:

" Its fairly obvious from his review that he either never played the original Lost Planet, or he never liked it at all. Aside from his complaints about the single player, everything he criticizes the game for was in the first one, the shooting, the movement, the grapple, the dodging, the falling and getting back up, etc. Just because the game is fairly different than most other third person shooters out now, doesnt mean its bad. Whenever any of the GB guys plays a game that feels different from other games they call it "jankey" or "clunky"(whatever the fuck that means). I guess it basically means "i'm not very good at the game so it must be the controls because there is no way it can be me". Now dont get me wrong, there are definitely times when they deservingly criticize games for bad controls and design flaws (deadly premonition comes to mind), but there are also many other times they criticize a games controls or design because they simply dont understand it and arent good at it (monster hunter comes to mind). Its one thing to not like a game for obvious design flaws, its another thing to say its bad because it isnt designed exactly like Gears of War or other third person shooters.   Before I even read Brad's review or saw the score I could have told you he wasnt going to like the game because of how it plays. I just hope they hire another person or two soon to review some of the games that they have no business reviewing or even commenting on because of their bias going in. "

He is coming at it from a view of a first time player. Which most people who grab this game might be. Very few people got to play the first one. 

If you do not like it. Go make a review yourself. And stop harping on Brad.  

As for the last part of your first post GTFO
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5  Edited By Geno

None of the GB crew are particularly good at games (which is demonstrated all the time, and which they themselves admit), so their innate frustration with controls etc. will be built into each review unfortunately. 

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DystopiaX

because god forbid they present a review from the perspective of a first time player. No, they should be absolute experts in every fucking game they play.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @DystopiaX said:
    " because god forbid they present a review from the perspective of a first time player. No, they should be absolute experts in every fucking game they play. "
    I like how the OP logged out right after making this thread. 
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By rjayb89

Somebody's butthurt.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@The_Laughing_Man said:

He is coming at it from a view of a first time player. Which most people who grab this game might be. Very few people got to play the first one.  If you do not like it. Go make a review yourself. And stop harping on Brad.   As for the last part of your first post GTFO "

Yep, this.  Also, reviews are opinions.  Just glancing through the review I see him list a lot more reasons than the clunky controls.

Edit:  Also, this is from someone who liked LP1 and might pick up LP2.  It's just fucking dumb to complain about reviews and people's ability to play a game.
    mshaw006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mshaw006

Every review I've read has said the same things.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DystopiaX
    I think what some people don't get is that the editors are not experts in videogames. They are writers who happen to like and review games. This doesn't mean they're good at them. The quicklooks and ERs show that, and that's ok because they're not supposed to write these reviews from the POV of expert players, but as average ones. In writing reviews, they're supposed to present their opinions on a game as a guide to those thinking of playing them. 
    edit- why is this auto bolding everything i type?
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By JJOR64

It's just Brad's opinion about the game.  I bet there are people who bought it and are loving it right now.  Don't take one review so seriously.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince

Well if it's anywhere near as clunky as the first game, then I agree with Brad.

Turkfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Turkfinn
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    " because god forbid they present a review from the perspective of a first time player. No, they should be absolute experts in every fucking game they play. "
    I like how the OP logged out right after making this thread.  "
    This.  It happens every time they give a game a not so good review.  Someone who really likes the game gets super offended by the review and automatically dismisses most of the review.  If you completely disagree, just shrug and move on instead of ranting/raging about how the reviewer clearly doesn't get it and has no idea what he's talking about.  
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Phished0ne
    @DoctorWelch said:
    "   Whenever any of the GB guys plays a game that feels different from other games they call it "jankey" or "clunky"(whatever the fuck that means). I guess it basically means "i'm not very good at the game so it must be the controls because there is no way it can be me"."
    Oh, you mean like when ANY reviewer uses terms like those, dont single out brad for doing something everyone else does. Sometimes you can only describe something as "clunky". From playing the demo, although its not finished product, i would call the animations and controls, at least Clunky, if not completely broken. I dont know how you make an action game where there is about a 2 second buffer on either end of an animation where my dude is just sitting there and i cant do anything with him. If thats how you wanna play your action games, fine by me, but i am staying far clear of this one.
    Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By ApertureSilence
    @DoctorWelch: The first Lost Planet had shitty game mechanics, the second Lost Planet has shitty game mechanics. I guess if you like shitty game mechanics those games are for you.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Turkfinn said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    This.  It happens every time they give a game a not so good review.  Someone who really likes the game gets super offended by the review and automatically dismisses most of the review.  If you completely disagree, just shrug and move on instead of ranting/raging about how the reviewer clearly doesn't get it and has no idea what he's talking about.   "
    What really bothers me is the real hate for Brad as of late. The poor guy. I bet he needs a hug. 
    DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DeShawn2ks

A lot of game journalist out there must be really bad at games then because it looks like a lot of reviewers have been giving this game low scores for the exact same reasons. The game looks good there is no denying that but from what I have been hearing the game play is bad.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BraveToaster
    @rjayb89 said:
    " Somebody's butthurt. "
    yeah
    Turkfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Turkfinn
    @The_Laughing_Man: Yea no kidding.  I'm sure he isn't bothered by most of it anyway, or at least I hope he isn't.
    Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Turkfinn said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    This.  It happens every time they give a game a not so good review.  Someone who really likes the game gets super offended by the review and automatically dismisses most of the review.  If you completely disagree, just shrug and move on instead of ranting/raging about how the reviewer clearly doesn't get it and has no idea what he's talking about.   "
    What really bothers me is the real hate for Brad as of late. The poor guy. I bet he needs a hug.  "
    i bet he does. 

The review system of Gb has been discussed to death, and I don't feel there is a reason to go back tot he topic. Many of us disagree with a review once in a blue moon-because thats our type of game, we are "experts at it". The GB crew are basically joker of all games, masters of none. So their reviews aren't going to be as "sophisticated" as some of us may like. The worst mistake you can do is follow a review of someone you have no idea about.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @arab_prince said:

" @Turkfinn said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    What really bothers me is the real hate for Brad as of late. The poor guy. I bet he needs a hug.  "
    i bet he does.  The review system of Gb has been discussed to death, and I don't feel there is a reason to go back tot he topic. Many of us disagree with a review once in a blue moon-because thats our type of game, we are "experts at it". The GB crew are basically joker of all games, masters of none. So their reviews aren't going to be as "sophisticated" as some of us may like. The worst mistake you can do is follow a review of someone you have no idea about. "
    Thing is. I know about their game types. Brad is not the kind of guy who would play LP. He seems more of a guy who would love LBP. Or something like that. 
    Turkfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Turkfinn
    @Linkyshinks:  If you're gonna post metacritic reviews, at least don't stop at 70.   Show all the ones that go below it up to the 50.  Regardless the game is getting good/decent/bad reviews.  Seems to be a mixed reaction.
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nephrahim

It is a very VERY small  percentage of the "Video games journalist pool" That are "Good" at games by any standards the internet would acsept. 

The fact is, everyone has pretty dumb moments playing games, they just don't have a video camera recording it.   The only people with enough time to get GREAT at Video games are generally ones who don't have to waste time writing about them. 

The GB crew are experts in games in that they've played hundreds.  But that doesn't mean they're great at it, just that they have a lot of experience with how they compare to eachother. 

I admit I might be defending them a little TOO much here, but I find some of the criticism in this topic rather silly.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ryax
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    he knew it was flame bait from the beggining
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nephrahim
    @Ryax said:
    " @DystopiaX said:
    he knew it was flame bait from the beggining "
    And we all fell for it.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ryax
    @SamDrugbringer: such a sneaky bastard! 

i like brad. who cares how he plays or how he reviews. if you get offended by some one else's opinion then you have no place on the internet
    immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By immike
    @Axxol said:
    " @rjayb89 said:
    " Somebody's butthurt. "
    yeah "
    Yup. 

Also, I don't see how Brad's review was wrong or incorrect. Reviews are opinions that reflect the reviewer's experience with the game. It's obviously not something you have to agree with, or even get so worked up about. It's like when Gametrailers made Modern Warfare 2 game of the year for every platform possible. Yeah, it sucked, but who really cares? 
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By niamahai
    @Ryax said:
    " @SamDrugbringer: such a sneaky bastard!  i like brad. who cares how he plays or how he reviews. if you get offended by some one else's opinion then you have no place on the internet "
    I think it should be:

"Your sole existence be confined to the internet"

Did they talk about LP2 in this week's Bombcast?
    BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By BunkerBuster

Having read the review and listened to the podcast I would have given it a much lower score so I can see where Brad is coming from. I still can't wrap my mind around how anyone could think that the format of it's single player campaign could, in any reality,  be a good idea, so I might not be one to judge.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DukesT3

Just rent the game and see if you like it yourself. Who really cares what Brad thinks of the game? I played the first one and thought it was amazing looking but played ok, just didnt care for it. Same with this one. Maybe when it drops to twenty or thirty bucks I'll pick it up.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JJOR64
    @Linkyshinks:   Don't forget these:

Xbox World 360 Magazine UK

We simply can't stress this enough; if you're planning to play this game on your lonesome, STAY AWAY; if you're all about the human co-op and the multiplayer modes go ahead and jump right in. This is undoubtedly some gamers' idea of blasting heaven; it just isn't quite ours.

Read Full Review >

IGN UK

At its core it's a potentially great action game and it's very good-looking, but it explains itself so incredibly poorly and has such an awkward structure and poor checkpointing that a lot of the fun is ruined by interminable frustration – not to mention the fact that it's basically unplayable as a single-player game.

Read Full Review >

1UP

Lost Planet's sophomore effort attempts to improve on past faults while shifting direction into an entirely new territory, but the overall feeling is muted. The game can be an enjoyable, fun adventure, but only if you're willing to share the experience with friends (or strangers).

Read Full Review >

Game Revolution

Lost Planet 2 is filled with too much mediocrity to be a great game, but it is decent, and odds are that if you like third-person shooters, you'll at the very least enjoy the multiplayer modes. Just don't expect this to be the phenomenal game changer.

Read Full Review >

Xbox360Achievements

A lack of genuine innovation and the presence of persisting issues from the first game is unforgivable and frankly, we expected more.

Read Full Review >

IGN

Just do yourself a favor: buy some insurance for the controller you'll invariably throw across the room at one of Lost Planet 2's seemingly endless design and interface issues.

Read Full Review >

GamePro

Hardcore fans of the original's online modes might find enough to justify a purchase, but the monotonous campaign and overall lackluster design makes it hard to recommend to anyone else. And if you didn't care for the original, don't expect anything in Lost Planet 2 to drastically sway your opinion.

Read Full Review >

GameSpot

This sci-fi sequel seems like it should have everything you need in a shooter, but a shocking number of design missteps suck out much of the fun.

Read Full Review >

GameDaily

Even worse, the game's not much fun to play. Each of the six episodes have a series of chapters full of unclear mission objectives; most times, Capcom doesn't give you hints on what to do next, so instead of making progress, you fumble around repeatedly blasting the same monster and/or revisiting the same old areas hoping for some clue, anything, to stand out.

Read Full Review >
    SirBlimE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SirBlimE

When it comes to reviews, I find a reviewer I can agree with, and then follow his reviews. While other reviewers have given LP2 better scores, I for one am 100% sure that i share Brads opinion. Almost every single score he has given has been identical to my taste. I used to follow a danish review site called gamereactor, but I haven't been able to agree with any reviews they've put up in a very long time. In other words, people have different taste, that is what makes a review, if you find a site where you feel on the same page as their reviewers, stick with it.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Brad doesn't like da game dat i lik.  HUR DAH HER HE IS TAH BIASED.  Fucking moron. 

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShaunassNZ
    @DoctorWelch: Fuck, I'm sure on nearly every other site they gave it good reviews (sarcasm). Dude stop being an ass and get off GB if you're going to say their reviews are shit and inaccurate.
    Eiskalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Eiskalt

At 72% is not good for games and I do feel as if Giant Bomb's 5 stars cannot be just converted into a % just like that.
    Also from everything I have heard and seen of the game it looks like a giant let down.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JJOR64
    @Linkyshinks:   I must have posted before you edited your first post.
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bones8677

@Linkyshinks said:

" Yea, it's his shitty opinion.  

These reviews do far better job at estimating the quality of the game, I suggest you read them. 

Wow, dude... "I like this game! This person didn't like the game, well he's shitty, and I can prove it because these other people liked it." 
    Why are you even here? You're a very unpleasant person as of late.
    bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39  Edited By bonbolapti

I get where brad's coming from.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bones8677
    @Linkyshinks: You're slowly becoming a troll on these boards, man.
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By ricetopher
    @Linkyshinks said:
      "Staff-elattio"
    Haha that needs to be copyrighted ASAP.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NinjaHunter
    @Linkyshinks: I don't see the point of posting the scores here like you did. You took all the review scores you agreed with and put them here to help your argument. Which is kind of like quoting someone out of context to prove a point and that can be seen as manipulative.   

But yeah, Brads review is his opinion and if you don't agree with him then don't take his review into account when making a purchasing decision.
    liquidsol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By liquidsol

Why are you taking one person's opinion so seriously?  If you were secure about you liking the game, you wouldn't be so defensive.

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#44  Edited By jaqen_hghar
    @DoctorWelch said:
    " Its fairly obvious from his review that he either never played the original Lost Planet, or he never liked it at all. Aside from his complaints about the single player, everything he criticizes the game for was in the first one, the shooting, the movement, the grapple, the dodging, the falling and getting back up, etc. Just because the game is fairly different than most other third person shooters out now, doesnt mean its bad. Whenever any of the GB guys plays a game that feels different from other games they call it "jankey" or "clunky"(whatever the fuck that means).  

That bolded text right there. You see that? You are saying that those things are still in Lost Planet 2. Those things are some of the reason why I more or less hated Lost Planet. Then you got the stupid story on top of it, which really made me regret letting my friend borrow my copy of Burnout Paradise (he couldn't find it, so he gave me Lost Planet instead).  
    For me, Brad's review is spot on in telling me if I should buy the game or not. What he doesn't like about the game are things I also wouldn't like about the game. I never intended to buy it, seeing how I really disliked the first one, but this review reinforced that view. 
    But you obviously don't care about the things Brad and I don't like, which means you can go buy this game.  Everyone is different. Some can ignore bad gameplay, poor plots and clunky controls. Some people don't. This is why I never care about the actual score a game get, but instead I read the text carefully. A badly scored game might have everything I like when I read the text, other than maybe one thing which gives it a low score. And if I can live with that one thing, then I might get the game.
    muttjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By muttjones

If he game is flawed like its predecessor, don't you think that's reason to gripe?  

And us as consumers (reviewers included) expect games to be equal to or better than the top range games on the market, especially considering we are paying the same full price as say Gears of War 2 or Uncharted 2 as wear for Lost Planet 2. And the game does hold up in some facets, such as graphics, but most of the game (according to Brad) seems sub par to other, better games on the market.

Bogitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bogitt

I did not play the first game all the way through because the controls sucked - I will not play this one at all because the controls are exactly the same. I prefer to play games where I'm not constatntly frustrated by the basic game mechanics, when they sort this out i will happily blast there giant aliens to bits.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By owl_of_minerva

I think the review is biased to the extent that Western reviewers seem to prefer polished games, those that play easily and don't make many demands, and write off more challenging or arcane game systems. It leads a lot of garbage reviews being put out, and Brad's own review was an uninspired, formulaic runthrough of the features and modes of the game. I suspect he was doing it wrong. Before condemning his review outright though, I'd like to know if he finished the game (probably not), played it cooperatively as it should be (probably not), and how many hours he devoted to the game.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people are extremely fucking childish on these boards. 

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#49  Edited By sweep  Moderator

The majority of people reading this review will be people who, like brad, suck at games. Therefore his review is pretty appropriate. 

If you already know he isn't going to like it and that you will then why the fuck do you care? Just go and play it anyway. 

Anyway, I got the sense that the problem was Lost planet 2 had not learnt from the mistakes of it's predecessor - game design has progressed so have levels of acceptance. Average multiplayer is no longer acceptable after games like Gears Of War 2 and Halo 3 implemented them so well - as Brad states in the review. Having played both demo's the majority of his criticisms on the general feel of the game seemed pretty accurate.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Brians
    @DoctorWelch:  Subjectivity, right your own review correct the situation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.