Brads Lost Planet 2 review was...bad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#-49 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Briguile said:
" @DoctorWelch:  Subjectivity, right your own review correct the situation. "
Then we will insult it and make fun of you..just like people on the internet should. 
#-48 Posted by TomA (2532 posts) -

i dont read reviews they are boring as shit.

#-47 Posted by Trilogy (2570 posts) -
@PufferFiz said:
" lp2 is just like Monster hunter, the west just doesnt get it. or better yet have their hands held to much that when I game does something different they can't handle it. I for one will be picking up a copy real soon. "
Or maybe the west doesn't like shitty games and people like you make excuses for them. Get off your highhorse.
#-46 Posted by Bones8677 (3171 posts) -
@owl_of_minerva: Dude...I......I don't even know where to start with your comment.
#-45 Edited by Trilogy (2570 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:

" @Bones8677 said:

" @Linkyshinks: You're slowly becoming a troll on these boards, man. "
 I don't partake in "Staff-elattio", get over it. "
No, you partake in rabid fanboyism.
#-44 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@Trilogy said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

" @Bones8677 said:

No, you partake in rabid fanboyism. "
No, you.

When did this place become a casual gamers haven, I thought people around here generally hated the Wii and all that's (often wrongly so) perceived as casual, often mocking decisions like the inclusion of extensive tutorials or whatever, yet lately they excuse bad comments of every game that's harder than usual (MH3, LP2, Demon's Souls) with stuff like "it's a new gamer's pov" and saying shit like, "if a game can't be grasped in 5 mins, then it's badly designed"? Wtf?

Anyway, the controls in the first game were excellent but most people decided to hate them instead of learn how to play so I disregard pretty much all such comments about the sequel's controls. It's disappointing there are certain issues with the way the single player works and what not (though I've watched videos of perceived as annoying sections like the train ride and it seemed to be some of the simplest levels able to be finished with almost no effort at all), just as the original has its own flaws in that aspect, but I'm sure the overall game is still a fun ride and I'll definitely get the upcoming PC release, whenever it arrives.

When people say it should work like this or that other FPS game that you can pick up and play whether you've played it before or not it's like saying Bionic Commando should be as agile as the Metal Slug dudes or Megaman should be able to fire his weapons 360 degrees around him. Ie, it's a stupid claim.
#-43 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@Bones8677:  Then don't. I found it a poorly written and boring review, and he didn't play the game as it should be played. You don't judge Borderlands by its single-player campaign, and be the same token you should roll with the full 4 players for LP2. And do you really trust Brad's judgement when it comes to a more difficult and punishing shooter system? Sure, it won't be for everyone, but that's the point, it isn't.
#-42 Posted by Bones8677 (3171 posts) -
@PufferFiz said:
" lp2 is just like Monster hunter, the west just doesnt get it. or better yet have their hands held to much that when I game does something different they can't handle it. I for one will be picking up a copy real soon. "
You're right, this perfectly explains how The West tore Final Fantasy 13 a new one because of its refusal to let go of the player's hand. Makes perfect.....wait a minute...
#-41 Posted by Trilogy (2570 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:
" No, you.

When did this place become a casual gamers haven, I thought people around here generally hated the Wii and all that's (often wrongly so) perceived as casual, often mocking decisions like the inclusion of extensive tutorials or whatever, yet lately they excuse bad comments of every game that's harder than usual (MH3, LP2, Demon's Souls) with stuff like "it's a new gamer's pov" and saying shit like, "if a game can't be grasped in 5 mins, then it's badly designed"? Wtf?Anyway, the controls in the first game were excellent but most people decided to hate them instead of learn how to play so I disregard pretty much all such comments about the sequel's controls. It's disappointing there are certain issues with the way the single player works and what not (though I've watched videos of perceived as annoying sections like the train ride and it seemed to be some of the simplest levels able to be finished with almost no effort at all), just as the original has its own flaws in that aspect, but I'm sure the overall game is still a fun ride and I'll definitely get the upcoming PC release. "
It has nothing to do with difficulty. It has to do with a clunkiness that not everyone finds endearing.
#-40 Posted by Bones8677 (3171 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: Or you just have an irrational dislike of the staff and assume anyone who even attempts to defend them must be sitting in their pocket. 

We got a name for people like that back home at IMDB...
#-39 Edited by MiniPato (2658 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:

" @Bones8677 said:

Everytime someone defends a person or game, people always say "quit riding Kojima's/ Molyneux's/ the Staff's cock!"
 Poisoning the well much?

I do agree with Brad's sentiments. From what I played of the demo, it felt like online play was the main priority and single player campaign was an after thought. It reminded me of the terrible campaign in Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on the PS2/Xbox. Trying to build a good single player experience around multiplayer concepts is rarely ever works out.
#-38 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@Bones8677 said:
@PufferFiz said:
lp2 is just like Monster hunter, the west just doesnt get it. or better yet have their hands held to much that when I game does something different they can't handle it. I for one will be picking up a copy real soon.
You're right, this perfectly explains how The West tore Final Fantasy 13 a new one because of its refusal to let go of the player's hand. Makes perfect.....wait a minute...
His (not so well written, but still obvious) point was that they want their hands held, and thus your sarcasm reinforces it rather than argue against it...
#-37 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I liked the first game a lot dispite how it reviewed. So I am probably going to get this one too. But I have no problem with the review myself.

#-36 Posted by SUPERhys (69 posts) -

Stop bitching because they don't like your favourite game. The controls are broken and clunky just like the original, get over it.

#-35 Posted by Bones8677 (3171 posts) -
@Al3xand3r: Jesus dude, I'm already arguing with Links I don't need to get started with you too.
#-34 Posted by Trilogy (2570 posts) -
@Bones8677 said:
" @Al3xand3r: Jesus dude, I'm already arguing with Links I don't need to get started with you too. "
Arguing with more than one fanboy at a time is bad for your health.
#-33 Posted by Bones8677 (3171 posts) -
@Trilogy: I know, right?!!
#-32 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Oh look, I have no arguments but I can call you a fanboy so I win 10 internets! Give it up, nublet, you're no match for my internets!

Well that's the first time I'm called a fanboy for something 360 related so I guess it's pretty entertaining and goes to show how people here treat arguments.

#-31 Edited by NinjaHunter (972 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:

" @NinjaHunter said:

" @Linkyshinks: I don't see the point of posting the scores here like you did. You took all the review scores you agreed with and put them here to help your argument. Which is kind of like quoting someone out of context to prove a point and that can be seen as manipulative.    But yeah, Brads review is his opinion and if you don't agree with him then don't take his review into account when making a purchasing decision. "

For everyone who cares:  

That's because I do agree with them : /.  Take a close look at the wording in my post, I say clearly that I think the following reviews "do a better job at estimating the quality of the game", and that I think you should you all read them in addition.  I intentionally didn't posts scores below 70, because such scores certainly wouldn't be in line with my own thoughts on the game based on what I've played of review code.   As you may well already know, "Staff-fellatio Syndrome" is prevalent on these forums,  to the point that such a derisory reviews may well work to hamper many members from even taking on board any favourable reviews found elsewhere. That's how bad it's got. "
The problem is you don't state that you "think" the reviews do a better job you just state "  These reviews do far better job at estimating the quality of the game" as if it's fact and not your opnion. So that's why it seems odd that you would post those scores above 70.  

EDIT: Well, maybe not odd but your motives come into question.
#-30 Edited by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

Dismissing another argument as fanboyism is a double-edged sword, as the obvious rejoinder is that you're staff fanboys - it's a crutch that replaces thought, and is incredibly juvenile. Edit: Alexander beat me to it, damn.

#-29 Posted by Bones8677 (3171 posts) -
@owl_of_minerva: To be fair, this is Al3xand3r we're talking about here...
#-28 Posted by GlenTennis (3143 posts) -

As an amateur critic I've discussed this idea of having an "expert" on a game/series/what-have-you reviewing the latest installment, and my idea is as follows:

While you do get the additional perspective/history that someone new to the series might not have, the majority of the reviews you see coming from "experts" on the game are either highly positive or very negative. They feel like they have to qualify their review based on their expertise, either having the opinion "this did not live up to the prequel... 2/10" or "this was way better than the prequel... 10/10." While a critic should take the series' history into consideration in a review, a game should not be judged solely on it's predecessors or competitors. This is how you get a less-biased opinion in a review because THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A REVIEWER WITHOUT BIAS. You cannot be unbiased when it is your job to review something. 

As for your title, the review is written very well. It is not bad, you just do not agree with it. There is a difference. I could see if the review was poorly written, but this is just not the case.

#-27 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@Bones8677:  I don't share that point of view. Also, his point still stands. No one's said anything better yet than 'butthurt', 'fanboy', or 'it's his opinion' in defense of Brad's review. Is it because it can't be defended, or people just prefer to sling rocks at one another?
#-26 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

Bitch, bitch, bitch.  

Come on guys, seriously? I thought we knew better than to bitch and moan just because someone has a different opinion than us. Be a man, grow some balls, shrug it off and be on your way. If you like something that someone doesn't, good for you. It doesn't make you automatically superior to anyone else, however. Don't sit all high and mighty because you "get it" and someone else apparently doesn't.  

If you enjoy the game, whatever. It shouldn't matter what other people think. You don't automatically divorce your beautiful wife just because your best friend thinks her face looks weird. If someone who has a different opinion than yours bothers you, then ignore it. If you let that get under your skin, then you've already lost.

#-25 Posted by Sweep (8545 posts) -

I rate Brad's review seven Eagles out of 20 Pineapples. 

Also a Triangle. 

There. That should clear up any confusion.
#-24 Edited by Bones8677 (3171 posts) -
@owl_of_minerva: Y'know the question shouldn't be, how can anyone defend this? 

The real question should be, why do people care so much to let one review cause them to lose their shit so much? 

If you don't like the review, then fine, it's just one review out of hundreds. Write your own review Giantbomb has given you all you need to write your own. If you think you can write a better review then go out and do it.
#-23 Edited by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@Bones8677: I highly suspect anyone has high blood pressure over this review. You mistake making an argument for an emotional response; they're not the same thing. I care about gaming journalism having some standards because they do a great deal to shape people's buying habits and opinions, as well as the industry itself. It's the metacritic/gamesrankings effect.
@Sweep:  In other breaking news, Lost Planet 2 gives Brad a 2/5, as the game was just a cakewalk.
#-22 Posted by GlenTennis (3143 posts) -
@Sweep said:
"

I rate Brad's review seven Eagles out of 20 Pineapples. 

Also a Triangle. 

There. That should clear up any confusion. "
Only seven Eagles? The Metacritic average is four and a half mice so obviously you are wrong.
#-21 Posted by NinjaHunter (972 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" @NinjaHunter said:
" @Linkyshinks said:

" @NinjaHunter said:

" @Linkyshinks: I don't see the point of posting the scores here like you did. You took all the review scores you agreed with and put them here to help your argument. Which is kind of like quoting someone out of context to prove a point and that can be seen as manipulative.    But yeah, Brads review is his opinion and if you don't agree with him then don't take his review into account when making a purchasing decision. "

For everyone who cares:  

That's because I do agree with them : /.  Take a close look at the wording in my post, I say clearly that I think the following reviews "do a better job at estimating the quality of the game", and that I think you should you all read them in addition.  I intentionally didn't posts scores below 70, because such scores certainly wouldn't be in line with my own thoughts on the game based on what I've played of review code.   As you may well already know, "Staff-fellatio Syndrome" is prevalent on these forums,  to the point that such a derisory reviews may well work to hamper many members from even taking on board any favourable reviews found elsewhere. That's how bad it's got. "
The problem is you don't state that you "think" the reviews do a better job you just state "  These reviews do far better job at estimating the quality of the game" as if it's fact and not your opnion. So that's why it seems odd that you would post those scores above 70.   EDIT: Well, maybe not odd but your motives come into question. "

Haha, well obviously I think they do, when that's what I wrote : )  "
Well, it's good that we cleared that up. :)
#-20 Posted by Kowbrainz (923 posts) -

I dunno if I'd go as far as saying bias. Or wrong. I'd say there are people who "get it" a little better than he does though; it's situations like these where you have to realise why multiple review outlets exist and why you should read around and view footage before deciding if something interests you or not. What you can't argue with, though, is his personal experience with the game.

#-19 Posted by cancerdancer (314 posts) -

Everyone arguing in this thread needs to get laid. Seriously, log out of Giant Bomb, find some pussy, and nail it. Then you might realize the nerdiness you are spewing into the universe by bitching about ONE persons feelings on a game. Sometimes I really hate this place.

#-18 Posted by Bones8677 (3171 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: Good, write a review and leave us alone. Something you should have done from the start. Not spam metacritic scores at us like they are the law of the land.
#-17 Edited by Dogma (942 posts) -

People have different opinions. I thought this would be good but after seeing and talking to people who have played it I get a very negative vibe from this game. Nobody is complaining about the controls though but of the structure of the game itself, the checkpoints and weird online-offline feel the game have. It feels awesome when you see big bosses but overall it's quite bland. And all to often the campaign feels like a multiplayer game. it's really wierd but I have a whole group of people that through our videogame organization can play this game for free and no one seems willing to do it. Nobody likes the way they split the screen either. It's like Resident Evil 5 but this game has a alot more verticality so such a small screen is quite a hazzle to play on. 

That's some quick impressions om Lost Planet 2 from me and mabey five-six others.

#-16 Posted by MachoFantastico (4307 posts) -

Hate to say this mate, but the review was pretty much on point with every gaming media outlet out there. Lost Planet 2 is not a good game.

#-15 Edited by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

So, if it's supposed to be a Monster Hunter clone...why not just buy Monster Hunter?  Especially since it's from THE SAME COMPANY.

#-14 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2460 posts) -

I don't really understand the whole wrench thing, but I'll throw one out there anyways. 

#-13 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
"Yea, it's his shitty opinion.  

These reviews do far better job at estimating the quality of the game, I suggest you read them.

MetaCrtic  

Everyeye.it

Lost Planet 2 is a splendid action game. The charm of new locations, the cooperative aspect greatly stressed, and the exalting look of MT Framework 2.0 are the main elements of a cool gaming experience.

Read Full Review >

MS Xbox World

Capcom has done well to reinvent the series in Lost Planet 2, which is similar in many ways to its predecessor, but feels fresh enough to be classed almost as a new game entirely.

Read Full Review >

Game Informer

Playing Lost Planet 2 for the story is like going to a movie to watch the credits. If you go into this game, go into it with the intent of joining up with your friends to slay moon-sized monsters, and enjoy one of gaming’s top co-op experiences.

Read Full Review >

GamesNation

Lost Planet 2 is more like a large multiplayer expansion of the previous iteration rather than a real sequel. Unchanged when it comes to most of its dynamics, it boasts very good graphics and a supreme online structure. Pity the single player campaign appears somewhat shallow and almost pointless.

Read Full Review >

SpazioGames

Capcom has chosen to make this sequel a cooperative action game, and the result is undoubtedly solid. Playing the main campaign with three friends can give a lot of satisfaction and the boss fights are simply awesome. Unfortunately playing solo you will find a lacking friend AI. Good graphics and a competitive multiplayer mode complete the nice offer of Lost Planet 2.

Read Full Review >

3DJuegos

While Lost Planet 2 is not a must play for everyone, its great on-line options and nice co-op playing makes us forget the lack of interest from Capcom in telling a good story or crafting a nice AI for our foes.

Read Full Review >

Meristation

Lost Planet 2 is one of the best co-op that we have seen. It has the same AI problems that we saw in its first part... but its great multiplayer doesn't need it.

Read Full Review >

Eurogamer Italy

Although the substantial lack of gameplay innovations and the excessive attention towards multiplayer can’t be ignored, Lost Planet 2 proves to be a bigger and better and more engaging product than the first chapter of the franchise. Anyone in search of an entertaining and fun multiplayer experience should consider this purchase; those interested more at the single player should, on the other hand, be more careful.

Read Full Review >

Pelit (Finland)

Although Lost Planet 2 definitely has its moments, it fails to deliver most of its potential. If you can overlook the infuriating difficulty level, lack of checkpoints, stupid AI and the overall imbalance, the highlights offer an exciting thrill ride. You can go bonkers in so many ways with this game. [Apr 2010]

Official Xbox Magazine UK

Everything's improved except the controls. [May 2010, p.87]

Read Full Review >

Official Xbox Magazine

If you can weather the campaign's slow start and the game's wildly overwrought menu system, you'll find more than enough incredible content here to satisfy your Akrid-killing, giant robot-piloting fix. [June 2010, p.74]

GameZone

While the single-player portion feels like an afterthought due to repetitive mission design and weak AI, the multiplayer element carries the experience well and should keep you invested.

Read Full Review >

Games Master UK

An epic co-op experience but it loses points for poor AI and a scrappy offline experience. [June 2010, p.76]

Console Monster

Lost Planet 2 is a huge package. It’s challenging, rewarding, frustrating and enjoyable all at the same time.

Read Full Review >

Vandal Online

Capcom has made a strong bet for multiplayer in Lost Planet, and it has achieved it. But has not paid enough attention to the single player.

Read Full Review >

GameTrailers

Lost Planet 2 has many missions, modes, and battles to experience, but it's not accessible without some effort. You'll definitely need to enlist a few allies in order to properly take advantage of the game's co-op-focused structure. It's a poor choice for anyone without the means to party up.

Read Full Review >

Gamereactor Sweden

Lost Planet 2 is much more than your average sequel and a completely brand new game that doesn't share much with original Lost Planet. It both looks and sounds better and the multiplayer is really good. But unfortunately, many of Capcom's new ideas fails due to horrible AI and somewhat bland boss fights.

Read Full Review >

VideoGamer

It feels like a completely different experience with real players at your side; an experience that betters the original and features some of the most intense, visually stunning battles we've seen on this generation of consoles. Just know what you're getting yourself into. It's hard, frustrating and at times a very unfair.

Read Full Review > 

8.0User Score:
"

Wow god job mate, you found a bunch of sites that reviewed it according to your tastes.  

i can do the same thing.  

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14254909.html 

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/lostplanet2/review.html 

See? not that hard, and i bet i could find alot more than that, if i wanted to waste my time on it. 

also, "SpazioGames", "Meristation", "VideoGamer"? 

i trust Giantbomb.com and Brad a crapload more than i do with some of these sites you just listed. 

@DoctorWelch said:
"Its fairly obvious from his review that he either never played the original Lost Planet, or he never liked it at all. Aside from his complaints about the single player, everything he criticizes the game for was in the first one, the shooting, the movement, the grapple, the dodging, the falling and getting back up, etc. Just because the game is fairly different than most other third person shooters out now, doesnt mean its bad. Whenever any of the GB guys plays a game that feels different from other games they call it "jankey" or "clunky"(whatever the fuck that means). I guess it basically means "i'm not very good at the game so it must be the controls because there is no way it can be me". Now dont get me wrong, there are definitely times when they deservingly criticize games for bad controls and design flaws (deadly premonition comes to mind), but there are also many other times they criticize a games controls or design because they simply dont understand it and arent good at it (monster hunter comes to mind). Its one thing to not like a game for obvious design flaws, its another thing to say its bad because it isnt designed exactly like Gears of War or other third person shooters.   Before I even read Brad's review or saw the score I could have told you he wasnt going to like the game because of how it plays. I just hope they hire another person or two soon to review some of the games that they have no business reviewing or even commenting on because of their bias going in. "

Your post reeks of bias aswell. Seriously, the game is not that good, but you may like it, and not everyone will have to share your oppinion. God forbid, not all of us like Monster planet 2, and never will share your taste, but that dosent mean you should go "baaaaawww he is biased he didnt like my game, i have to defend its honor baaaww", just because he didnt care for your game. Brad is a professional reivewer, and he might suck at games, granted, but he has a heck of alot more exp. than you. Quit being a baby with double standards and enjoy your god damn game and shut up. 

#-12 Posted by Ramyun (664 posts) -

Look, I can see why people see his review as being a little too subjective, but I can understand the points that he made for that particular score. I don't really agree with his general dislike about the controls, since they are made to please the fans of the original. However, the fact that boss battles consists of shoot continuously at weak points until they are dead sounds pretty tedious. The less than stellar AI which permeates the single player and iffy online coop doesn't sound like much fun either. In the end he didn't find it fun, and if you were him and you just lie to yourself and give it a higher score because you ASSUME that 'you don't get it' then that would be much worse and shameful. Brad was being honest about his experience and if you think that you will have fun with it, fine, go get it. You shouldn't need the validation of the majority to have fun.

#-11 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@Bones8677:
Leave you alone? You weren't forced into this thread to defend Brad's honor.

@KingBroly:

Because they may like guns, mechs and aliens more than swords and monsters? Or they plan to get both?

@TrueEnglishGent:

False, the majority of reviews are positive. Not that I think it matters, but don't lie.

@Jethuty:

Take your own advice if all you can imply is "don't post your opinion because it's nothing more than whining about someone else's"

Awesome arguments as usual folks, good job!

@Ramyun:

Right on, but I don't see anything wrong with people pointing out the game is good (in their opinion) despite a bad review that's bound to be accepted here.
#-10 Posted by rjayb89 (7713 posts) -

Dude totally logged off and is refreshing the hell out of this thread.

#-9 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@DoctorWelch said:
" Its fairly obvious from his review that he either never played the original Lost Planet, or he never liked it at all. Aside from his complaints about the single player, everything he criticizes the game for was in the first one, the shooting, the movement, the grapple, the dodging, the falling and getting back up, etc.  "
So your reasoning that his review was bad was that the first game was also bad and the second didn't improve? 

Ya ok.
#-8 Posted by Ramyun (664 posts) -
@Al3xand3r: Oh no, don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong about expressing your opinion about your personal feelings about a game; good or bad. It's just that the OP was saying the review was bad while Brad, even though it is not necessarily agreed on, supported his review score with his own issues with the game. It wasn't badly written or excessively subjective; all his points are valid, I guess, to an extent.
#-7 Posted by Jadeskye (4359 posts) -

Wow people take this WAY too seriously. If you like the game play it. 

At the end of the day that only opinion that matters is your own. 

#-6 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" Well if it's anywhere near as clunky as the first game, then I agree with Brad. "
I agree.  Fuck the first game and its infernally bad controls. 

Also, OP, if you don't like Brad's review then go read something else.  You can disagree with a review but to attack the writer is completely uncalled for.
#-5 Posted by EnchantedEcho (731 posts) -

Opinion.

#-4 Posted by Superfriend (1459 posts) -

I played through the first Lost Planet and I liked it. The story was garbage and those characters would stand out in a bad anime flick, but whatever. It had great boss battles, the mechs were fun to pilot and the guns were fun to fire. It even had some (very light) exploration elements to it. I didn´t care much for the multiplayer- a little too chaotic for my tastes.

Lost Planet was released in early 2007.

Judging from both demos they´ve released, not a lot has changed. They could´ve gone in and changed the controls at least some. That´s not "dumbing down" anything. It´s just going with the times. From what it looks like, the game is very coop-focused and you can have a lot of fun with it playing with a couple of buddies, who know what they´re doing. It also looks like very few of the complaints about the first game were actually adressed by the second game. I haven´t played the full game yet, but the review seems justified.

#-3 Edited by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
@Al3xand3r:
Im sorry if you have trouble conprehending the context of my post, but i will help you then. 

Dont hate on the reviewer just because he didnt review the game the exact way you wanted him to. 

Im sorry if that was too hard for you, but im all in for helping the mentally handicapped:) 

hoping that helped. 

Your truly 

Jethuty 

ps. Eat a dick 

pss. Sorry, just checked your profile and saw that you are a MH player. Im gonna disregard your post and oppinion then :) 

You dont see a problem with the pot calling the kettle black, do you mate?
#-2 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

I don't agree with Brad's review and I'm going to sit here and spam this thread about how Brad is a bad reviewer/bad at games/ "doesn't get it".  

am i doin it rite? 

No really though, reviews in general are dumb I don't see why people make such a big deal over them, in reality they change such a minority in regards to sells that it's almost pointless to write them (imo ofc). If anything stuff like quick looks from GB do a better job at actually showing off a games true colors because they are unscripted and we get to see everything as it happens.

#-1 Edited by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Trilogy said:
" @Linkyshinks said:

" @Bones8677 said:

No, you partake in rabid fanboyism. "
At least he's a fan of people who create and don't just critique because they can't create.
@Trilogy said:

" @PufferFiz said:

Or maybe the west doesn't like shitty games and people like you make excuses for them. Get off your highhorse. "
Gears of War 2 is a shitty game and so was Halo 2.  Both huge hits.  Modern Warfare 2 is a shitty game, also a huge hit.  American casual gamers are purchasers but not gamers.
#0 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
@Zenaxzd:
QL are far better, but the kids will still throw hissy fits if the guys playing the game, dosent "enjoy" it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.