Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Planet 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 11, 2010

In the follow-up to Lost Planet, players explore new environments as they see the story through the perspective of different groups of pirates trying to survive on E.D.N. III.

Brads Lost Planet 2 review was...bad

This topic is locked from further discussion.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By owl_of_minerva
    @HandsomeDead:  They can be overtly provocative sure, but I imagine they're fed up with the general level of argument in the forums and the fact that the GB staff tend to be very snide about games that aren't online fps developed in the West. It's not that big a deal but some people will find it very annoying that certain games are routinely praised to the skies (an article about Halo's control scheme?!!) whilst other genres and more ambitious games are routinely ignored or derided.
    This clusterfuck thread is a perfect example.
    Avatar image for mightymayormike
    MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By MightyMayorMike

This review of Brad's review is... bad.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By mutha3

This thread:

LEAVE GIANTBOMB ALONE!!!!!!!
     LEAVE GIANTBOMB ALONE!!!!!!!
    igeminix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By igeminix

This thread is gold. TC sure knows how to set a time bomb for all of the bitchers on the site to appear here.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155  Edited By Binman88
    @Linkyshinks:  I couldn't agree more about the challenge in games. I spent an inordinate amount of time playing Raven Shield multiplayer on the PC from 2005-2007 (in excess of 1000 hours), primarily because of the challenge the game offered online. You could kill or be killed with just two bullets from nearly any gun in the game, all of which were unlocked from the start to even the playing field. It required a lot of patience and practice to develop your skills and reflexes to get good at the game, and the game never made things easier for you. Having enjoyed that style of game so much, I absolutely hate seeing all the concessions developers (particularly Ubisoft) have made since then in order to make their games more appealing to a wider audience, so I'm glad to hear that LP2 doesn't make those same concessions. 

The main reason I posted was to make the point that the review was an opinion. I can't back up any of the claims Brad makes because I haven't played the game, though the review seems to cover enough bad points about the game to justify the low score he gave it, specifically the controls and the treatment of the single player campaign (booting him out of a lobby for what is technically a single player mission). Going back to Raven Shield, the challenge in that game never came from difficult-to-master controls or annoyances, it came from the actual gameplay itself. I'm sure LP2 has a solid gameplay experience behind the controls and annoyances, but if any reviewer found those got in the way of their enjoyment of the game, then by all means they should let them be known in their reviews. A lot of people won't want to bother with a game with those issues - Brad's review is for them. There's probably an equal or greater number of people who agree with you who can see past the issues and get heaps of enjoyment from the game - all those other reviews you listed are for them.
    PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By PillClinton
    @DoctorWelch: dude, everyone gave lp2 a bad score.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#157  Edited By Jadeskye
    @iGeMiNix said:
    " This thread is gold. TC sure knows how to set a time bomb for all of the bitchers on the site to appear here. "
    You said it man. 

Heres a Wrench. 

No Caption Provided
    nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By nrain

If the guy playing doesn't like the movement and control's they aren't gonna enjoy the game; it's pretty obvious. Get over it.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By spaceturtle

I was kinda interested in this game, but not so much that a bad review "upset" me in anyway. And by bad review I mean the game got a bad score. The review itself was good! 

@Linkyshinks:

To be fair, a review is subjective and can't really be compared to other reviews. In mah opinion, anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@DoctorWelch said:
    " of their bias going in. "
    What bias would that be? Anti-Otaku?
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#161  Edited By oldschool
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " So, let's see: An angry OP complaining because a game he likes has been reviewed poorly, typical Nintendrone responses criticising the staff and anyone who tries to defend them, good reviews from elsewhere are OK but the bad ones don't matter and then using the game's Japanese development as an excuse for why Brad 'didn't get it.' You guys really make me hate this site. "
    Oh man, you make me laugh so hard - at you.  You managed to make this all about Nintendo fans in a thread about a 360 game.  That is so well done. 

@HandsomeDead said:

"Today my dog ate my homework and I failed the subject.  I tried to explain it to the teacher that my dog was in fact a typical Nintendo fandog and that is why he should forgive me.  "

True, you really did this. 

Here's a tip in reverse, if you hate the site so much, leave. 

Just so you know as well, since you brought my name up in a topic that both I didn't post in, until this, and it doesn't interest me, as I didn't care about the first game and care just as little about the sequel (it isn't on the Wii, so why would I care).  You are really getting quite desperate for attention and it bodes poorly for your slow descent into utter madness.
    Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#162  Edited By Lazyaza

Lost Planet 2 is as much a love/hate game as LP EC was it seems.  I think Brad was a little harsh and clearly is not a fan of the games play style but that's his opinion and he's just as entitled to it as anyone else.

Still I don't think anyone can argue that some of LP2's problems aren't just a little absurd at this point in gaming; namely having limited lives, a horrible save system and co-op that wont let you play with anyone who hasn't unlocked the same levels you have.
    That's like fundamental basic game design problems right there.   All the other stuff, eh I got use to in LP1 so I'm not bothered.  I still intend to buy the game and who knows maybe the more substantial problems will be patched soon after release.

bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By bhhawks78

I'll take Brad's and Arthur geis (who gave it a 6) and their opinions over the magazines/sites you guys listed who use the 7-10 scale and NEVER give big publisher games bad scores.  If you love the game that much and are excited for it? Play it and have fun!  The review isn't for you stop crying god damn

fuzzy510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#164  Edited By fuzzy510
    @Vorbis said:
    " @Abyssfull:  If you managed to do Mad Moxxi on your own with a level 50 character then you must be the god of gaming. Frankly, I doubt it. "
    The Mad Moxxi pack was also (justifiably so) slammed in the reviews.  It's not the same thing.
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#165  Edited By metal_mills
    @Linkyshinks said:

" Yea, it's his shitty opinion.  

I think these 70+ reviews do a far better job at estimating the quality of the game. I suggest you all read them before passing judgement. (get some positive opinion also) Two stars seems unfair, even if it may be teh product of a lack of familiarity with Lost Planet and it's quirks, which many love I should add. 

There are plenty of low reviews. 

GS - This sci-fi sequel seems like it should have everything you need in a shooter, but a shocking number of design missteps suck out much of the fun.
     IGN -  Just do yourself a favor: buy some insurance for the controller you'll invariably throw across the room at one of Lost Planet 2's seemingly endless design and interface issues. 
     Xbox360Achievements-  A lack of genuine innovation and the presence of persisting issues from the first game is unforgivable and frankly, we expected more.  
    Gamedaily -  Even worse, the game's not much fun to play.

The ganetrailer review, even though it's in the 70's sounded pretty bad and basically saying if you don't play co-op, don't even bother.
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By owl_of_minerva
    @Metal_Mills:  What's your point? The positive reviews outweigh the negative ones. And yeah, you should play it coop or not bother (read: Brad).
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#167  Edited By oldschool

The definition of irony:  

A member of  a forum, like Giantbomb, who writes a thread of his opinion on the review of a game by a staff member, criticising it, only to be criticised for having and expressing that opinion, whilst defending the right of the staff member to have that opinion. 

This thread exists in its current form simply for one reason and one reason only - the defence of Brad.  Sure, people could post that they disagree and move on, but no, it becomes the cult of personality and the defence of that.  The main defence going on is not that Brad is good at what he does, in fact their seems to be much acceptance that he is bad at it, but rather, he does because he can.  Now that is why I don't read Giantbomb reviews - ever.  To be fair, I read very few of any reviews.  Even this concept of respecting a reviewer you like is bizarre, as clearly, they are not you, so you cannot trust their view without exceptions.  This thread will die when people here get over their love of the staff and accept that others share a different view and are entitled to express it without be called names and told to leave.  Grow up.
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By metal_mills
    @owl_of_minerva said:
    " @Metal_Mills:  What's your point? The positive reviews outweigh the negative ones. And yeah, you should play it coop or not bother (read: Brad). "
    I'm saying he isn't the only one who post a negative review.
    fuzzy510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By fuzzy510
    @owl_of_minerva: Even the "positive reviews" aren't necessarily terribly positive:

"Although Lost Planet 2 definitely has its moments, it fails to deliver most of its potential. If you can overlook the infuriating difficulty level, lack of checkpoints, stupid AI and the overall imbalance, the highlights offer an exciting thrill ride."

And that was for a score of 80.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#170  Edited By skrutop

Whaaaaa, I wanted this game to be good.  Whaaaaaa, Brad didn't like it.  Whaaaaaa, I should write a post and complain about only one aspect (of four or five) that Brad discussed.

Listen fanboy.  When you see a review you disagree with, take a breath, count to 10, and don't whine about it in the forums.  It's just one review; get some other opinions.  Also, why do you care about the review at all?  You obviously loved this game before you even got your hands on it.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#171  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Metal_Mills said:
    " @owl_of_minerva said:
    " @Metal_Mills:  What's your point? The positive reviews outweigh the negative ones. And yeah, you should play it coop or not bother (read: Brad). "
    I'm saying he isn't the only one who post a negative review. "
    the positive reviews outweight the negative ones? I must be checking the wrong sites then...

GB - 2/5
    IGN - 6.8/10
    Gamespot - 5.5/10
    Games Radar - 7/10
    Eurogamer - 6/10
    Gametrailer - 7.2/10
    Gamepro - 3/5

cant remember of any other sites off the top of my head.
    enemaems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#172  Edited By enemaems
    @MurderByDeath said:
    " @DoctorWelch: The first Lost Planet had shitty game mechanics, the second Lost Planet has shitty game mechanics. I guess if you like shitty game mechanics those games are for you. "
    You hit the nail on the head. I tried playing the 1st one two different times, and both times the games controls were pure shit. I understood the slow movement in the 1st game since you were always in deep snow, but there is no excuse for it in this game. I played the MP demo for LP2 and after 10 minutes I realized that it was the same shitty game as the 1st. I think Brad was kind for giving it 2 stars.
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By owl_of_minerva
    @Rhaknar:  Yeah, other sites exist too. Two words: gamerankings-metacritic. 18 reviews over 70, 9 below (metacritic). 11-4 on gamerankings.  
    Let us stop debating this obvious point, not that it's relevant, because it's Brad's review we're talking about and not any others.
    simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#174  Edited By simian
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    He is coming at it from a view of a first time player. Which most people who grab this game might be. Very few people got to play the first one.  If you do not like it. Go make a review yourself. And stop harping on Brad.   As for the last part of your first post GTFO "
    Here Here!
    Zembosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#175  Edited By Zembosis

I agree with Brad's review. The lack of a true single player mode, bad co-op AI and piratically no story is what did it for me.  Very disappointing, I was looking forward for this game for quite a while.  Aside for the graphics, I feel the first game was much better.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By simian

Brad's shown a fair bit of patience when it comes to poor design (e.g FFXIII) so it's probably more then a little telling that something about LP2 was too much for him to stomach.
    I bought it based on my level of enjoyment from the first game but, from he sounds of it, they've removed all the points I found enjoyable and replaced it with... Something not good.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By CoinMatze

this shit right here is the cancer that is killing /gb/

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By theguy

"Janky" and "clunky" have a different meaning from "different"

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#179  Edited By yevinorion

I can't believe this thread made it to 10 pages. Damn.

Seriously, the game seems average at best. I played the first one and found it to be horrible control-wise. Not sure why there are any surprises there. If you're a fan of such mechanics then just stop bitching and go enjoy the game. Again, having played the first and reading the review (and not just this, but quite a few others) I'm pretty confident that as far as games go it's not the cream of the crop. Not to say it doesn't have it's good qualities or things that devotees like yourself can latch on to and defend to the bitter end. 

The fact of the matter is you don't need Brad to tell you he likes it for you to enjoy it. Unless of course you realize this game is actually subpar and feel like you need to validate your reasons for liking it. Maybe that review is really getting to you man.

Prymet1me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#180  Edited By Prymet1me

As said earlier in this thread...somebody is butt hurt.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Thou shalt have no gods before the GB staff.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Tennmuerti
    DEllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By DEllen

I agree entirely with everything Brad said about the game. Outside of Japan it does not work. If you have a close group of friends that are willing to play with you then it does work. Just like how everyone is saying the game is like a third person shooter Monster Hunter. However at least Monster Hunter is playable on your own.

MingZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By MingZ

ok i got the game and have played for 4hrs both in co-op and multiplayer, and i have to say the game is good, Gamer from japan and asia like me will like this more than other player from other place is just like Halo is damn good in the USA/Euro but not at all Japan/Asia. I will write my 1st review on this game soon

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " So, let's see: An angry OP complaining because a game he likes has been reviewed poorly, typical Nintendrone responses criticising the staff and anyone who tries to defend them, good reviews from elsewhere are OK but the bad ones don't matter and then using the game's Japanese development as an excuse for why Brad 'didn't get it.' You guys really make me hate this site. "
    Oh man, you make me laugh so hard - at you.  You managed to make this all about Nintendo fans in a thread about a 360 game.  That is so well done. 

@HandsomeDead said:

"Today my dog ate my homework and I failed the subject.  I tried to explain it to the teacher that my dog was in fact a typical Nintendo fandog and that is why he should forgive me.  "

True, you really did this.  Here's a tip in reverse, if you hate the site so much, leave.  Just so you know as well, since you brought my name up in a topic that both I didn't post in, until this, and it doesn't interest me, as I didn't care about the first game and care just as little about the sequel (it isn't on the Wii, so why would I care).  You are really getting quite desperate for attention and it bodes poorly for your slow descent into utter madness. "
    In such haste to try and be funny, you've completely missed my point seeing as it's both Linkyshinks and Al3xand3r who, at the start of the thread, were the main proponents of the anti-staff sentiments, with Al3x going as far as to ironically bring up the Wii. That's who I was getting at when referring to the Nintendrones but as usual it goes right over your head. Similarly, if its a thread that you hadn't posted in, which I assumed you had after seeing phrases like 'staff-elatio' and other forced jabs and it's a thread that doesn't interest you, why were you reading it? Isn't that the logic you try and pull on me with Wii threads? Or is this different because it's a suffocatingly self-indulgent attempt at sarcasm?
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By DoctorWelch

Wow lol, woke up to like 4 billion messages lol. I'm no going to respond to all of them but yeah. I knew i was going to get bashed for "criticizing someones opinion" or "whining" or any of the other usual comebacks that everyone on forums who disagrees with you have. Here's the thing though, I really dont care if someone doesnt like the game, thats ok with me, its not a big deal. Personally I thought the first game was about a 3/5 star game because the single player was kinda boring and pointless, and I the only way I'm am going to play the second one is most likely through gamefly. Even so, I'm going to defend LP2 because of the awful and undeserving score it got. 

Like I said before, I hate the words "clunky" and "janky", to me all that usually means is "different from other games" and LP2 is definitely different from other games. (also, I wouldnt have a problem with those two words if after they say those words they explain what that means in that specific game, but that rarely ever happens unless its in a review) Sometimes there is a very fine line between different and bad, and thats why you have to get the right people with the right perspective to review games. This is the exact reason that GB doesnt review sports games, because they have no perspective on the matter. I look at Brad's LP2 review in this exact way. He has no perspective on what makes this game fun. When I first started playing the original LP I was terrible because it was hard to get used to something so different. It was pretty frustrating until I kept playing and finally got the hang for how to play the game correctly. That doesnt mean the game is bad. Look at a game like Street Fighter. If I never played it before, and used the same logic as Brad does for LP, I could easily come away from that game saying "well the controls arent good because its really hard to pull off a characters ultra". If you have ever played Street Fighter you know that you just have to work on your execution, and that takes time. In the same way it takes time to get better at LP and once you do the game starts getting extremely fun. 

If you still dont think what I am saying is justified, I have one more example to give: Resident Evil. Brad gave RE5 5 stars.(I am actually really surprised that his review of LP2 was so bad, I would expect someone who likes the RE series to understand why different controls arent always a bad thing, but I guess thats a little too much to ask from Brad.) Some people think that the RE5 games are terrible because of how they control. So what if Brad didnt review it, what if Jeff did. Jeff would have probably given it a 2/5 or 3/5 at best, because he knows going in that he hates RE. This is why they didnt have Jeff review RE5, and the exact same reason why Brad shouldnt be reviewing LP. No one wants to read a review from someone who doenst understand, or doesnt like, the game before he even plays it, that would be pointless. You want to read a review from someone that understands what they are reviewing and doesnt have a bias going in. Not to say that Brad didnt like the original LP going in, but he obviously never played the first one enough to grasp any of the gameplay. It all comes back to the sports game argument, you wouldnt want any of them reviewing those games because the dont understand them. 

So yet again I say, I hope the GB guys hire a few more people to review the games that they probably shouldnt reveiw, ie Lost Planet, Monster Hunter (I know they didnt review this but they covered it and it would have been cool to get someone who understands the Monster Hunter games in to review that game), and I might go as far as to say Final Fantasy (or all japanese rpgs), but thats a totally different discussion. If they dont hire anyone soon, I at least thing it might be a good idea to get some freelance reviews from good people so they can broaden the amount of content they are covering.  

All in all I love GB and the things these guys do, but on occasion, they say or do things that experienced professionals should understand not to say or do.

Avatar image for computerplayer1
    Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Computerplayer1

This is the way I see it:

Play the full game in co-op -- 7.0 or higher score

Play the game by yourself with N64 inspired AI -- 3.0 to 7.0 score

It's obvious they made the game to be played with friends, but the controls still need some work also.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By owl_of_minerva
    @DoctorWelch:  I think the short answer is that they're ex-professionals whose writing isn't held to editorial standards because it's their site. The writing can be very sloppy indeed. It's alright if they review games that are within their purview, but I really think Brad was out of his depth with this game. Brad + hardcore game = predictable results. As I've seen on numerous QLs/ERs, he gets frustrated and blames the game for his own bad play. But to be fair to Brad, he was trying to solo it and that seems like an easy way to get frustrated and give up on the game.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#189  Edited By flaminghobo

It's one review, calm down. Also it's an opinion.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#190  Edited By EpicSteve

It all comes down to tolerance of Japanese gameplay design. Brad didn't like the game's mechanical choices, so would you want his review to be like "I didn't like it, but someone else might? I don't know.". The term janky is something I can't really articulate, but comes with a level of "you know what I mean". From the demo I played, I thought Lost Planet 2 was almost unplayable due to it putting animation above playability.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By DoctorWelch
    @owl_of_minerva: Yeah I totally agree. Seeing as how most of his playing time was spent in the single player with only AI, it makes a little bit more sense. The main attraction here is the multiplayer, which he most likely didnt play as much as the single player. An see as how the single player is set up, even the "single player" is designed to be multiplayer lol. So yeah, it makes a little bit more sense because of that, but my problem with his review wasnt really that part of it. It was all the other parts.
    Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Hosstile17

I love that whenever a review is low, many will scream that the reviewer sucks at the game. Inversely, when a score is high, they must have been paid. One person's opinion is not the gospel, only an honest opinion by that person.

/thread

baelrrogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By baelrrogg

I own LP1 and forced myself to play it all the way through and even tried the ghost town it calls multiplayer. I can definitely say that that game was subpar due to it's controls, setting, story etc.  From the sounds of it, the second game suffers from the same problems. I think Brad nailed the review and I know for myself I will not be buying LP2 (even at 10$ -> the price i paid for LP1)

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By PureRok

You know... if everyone just stopped reading reviews then life would be so much better. I don't read reviews and I never get upset about someone disagreeing with me in a review.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Maybe it's just not a very good game? 
    Most reviews and opinions I've read/heard of this game so far have been negative, and the metacritic list is a mixed bag.

BlazeHedgehog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#196  Edited By BlazeHedgehog
    @PureRok said:
    " You know... if everyone just stopped reading reviews then life would be so much better. I don't read reviews and I never get upset about someone disagreeing with me in a review. "

I don't think you understand what reviews are meant for, and must have a lot of money to blindly buy games without knowing how good or bad they are.
    enemaems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By enemaems

Brad also tried playing MP and according to his review, got tired of waiting for it to connect. I've come to realize that Japanese game designers are just too far behind the curve now. Sure, their designs were great 10 years ago, but it just doesn't work anymore. Bad controls are bad controls. Call them different if you like, but they are the same as Lost Planet and those controls were bad. Animation should never come before playability, especially in a shooter. If Dead Rising 2 has the same save system as the 1st game, I will not play it. I tolerated it in the 1st game since it was one of the 1st 360 games done by Capcom, but I will not tolerate it again. This is all my opinion, just  to make that clear. 

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By PureRok
    @BlazeHedgehog said:
    " @PureRok said:
    " You know... if everyone just stopped reading reviews then life would be so much better. I don't read reviews and I never get upset about someone disagreeing with me in a review. "
     I don't think you understand what reviews are meant for, and must have a lot of money to blindly buy games without knowing how good or bad they are. "
    You never know how good or bad a game is until you've played it though.
    Andheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Andheez
    @EnemaEms: 
    I didnt tolerate it, and fucking up zombies in different ways only entertained me for an hour or two, so I got nowhere NEAR finishing that game. Also Fuck you escort missions.

Like Brad says, there are things in this game that you just don't do anymore.  He is specific.  I don't see where he mentioned the physical controls at all, just the timing and speed of actions and gameplay, and he says the aiming/shooting is good.  Take the review for what it is.... someone else's opinion.  Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one  and they all stink.
    striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#200  Edited By striderno9
    @DoctorWelch: The truth is, it IS different and sometimes different is not a bad thing, but sometimes it's a shitty excuse for flawed game mechanics. MHT and the first LP game are two good examples of  Japanese style games with shitty game mechanics that belong in the 90s. I assume LP2 follows this patterns, good review Brad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.