Frank West & Monster Hunter Warrior In Lost Planet 2 (Image)

#1 Edited by TinaWood (116 posts) -

A Japanese magazine has the first image of Dead Rising's Frank West and "Monster Hunter Warrior" in Lost Planet 2.

Capcom Unity
#2 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -

Capcom: King of Fanservice

#3 Edited by TinaWood (116 posts) -

I so happy, I luvz my Frank <3

#4 Posted by Smokay (525 posts) -

Fucking sold

#5 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

Wesker?

#6 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

this is retarded, Frank West only appears on Xbox 360... I love that guy, I hope it's not a PS3 exclusive character...

#7 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@clubsandwich said:
" this is retarded, Frank West only appears on Xbox 360... I love that guy, I hope it's not a PS3 exclusive character... "
Chop till you drop
#8 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @clubsandwich said:
" this is retarded, Frank West only appears on Xbox 360... I love that guy, I hope it's not a PS3 exclusive character... "
Chop till you drop "
I forgot about that game... hmmm, touché good sir.
#9 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@clubsandwich said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @clubsandwich said:

Chop till you drop "
I forgot about that game... hmmm, touché good sir. "
He also makes a nice appearance in  Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

But that is more of a cameo 
#10 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @clubsandwich said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @clubsandwich said:

Chop till you drop "
I forgot about that game... hmmm, touché good sir. "
He also makes a nice appearance in  Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars   But that is more of a cameo  "
Dead Rising, Chop til You Drop and Tatsunoko vs Capcom all appeared on non-Sony systems. So yeah- Frank being exclusive to the PS3 is pretty damn stupid. 

And who gives a toss about some nameless Monster Hunter character?
#11 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -

I laugh at the 360 fanboys who are getting mad.

#12 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -
  defo gonna pick this up now

@MysteriousBob:  the people that enjoy monster hunter perhaps?
#13 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@AlwaysAngry:  
I'm not even considering buying this game. I'm just pointing out that having a Sony/Nintendo-only character exclusive in the PS3 of LP2 version makes no damn sense. 

@VicRattlehead said: 

"   
@MysteriousBob:  the people that enjoy monster hunter perhaps? "

I'm sure both of them will be very happy.      
#14 Edited by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -
@MysteriousBob:  pretty sure theres more than 2 people in japan that like monster hunter.... and for all we know the skin could be japan exclusive....
#15 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Hun, If it's not come from JGonzo, don't believe the hype. I highly doubt that Capcom would offer Frank West to PS3 players alone, not unless they were looking to annoy the fuck out of Western 360 owners.  

@SteamPunkJin
said:

" Don't think Frank will be PS3 exclusive - Bleszinski/Takeuchi Interview (Frank is only mentioned briefly at the start, most of the interview focuses on Marcus/Dom)Linkyshinks has a post floating around saying Wesker is a preorder bonus at Gamestop but I didn't see any mention of it when I placed my order over the last weekend so who knows. "

Really, I'm guessing you'll hear something about what you'll get soon enough. I can only imagine things have yet to be finalized.
#16 Posted by BTHRZeroX (37 posts) -
#17 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

Too bad everyone is hyped for Frank West than some random MH duder...

Or any MH dude/dudette for that matter.

#18 Posted by thecleric (793 posts) -
@animateria said:
" Too bad everyone is hyped for Frank West than some random MH duder...  Or any MH dude/dudette for that matter. "
Fuck that, I LOVE Rathalos armor. 

I'm hoping Rathalos is a boss in the game, and that's how you get the suit.
#19 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
#20 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Capcom is doing some baffling shit lately. It kind of undercuts their confidence in their games, all these cameo gimmicks. What happened to selling a game based on its Quality. Tis isn't Soul Calibur, your game might actually be good. On the other hand, after Bionic Commando and Dark Void, maybe this is the safe bet.

#21 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Pretty silly, extras are always good. Also, they made neither Bionic Commando nor Dark Void. Hopefully they don't outsource to the West again.

#22 Posted by CaptainObvious (2998 posts) -

I still want to play as Shaft.

#23 Posted by thecleric (793 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Capcom is doing some baffling shit lately. It kind of undercuts their confidence in their games, all these cameo gimmicks. What happened to selling a game based on its Quality. Tis isn't Soul Calibur, your game might actually be good. On the other hand, after Bionic Commando and Dark Void, maybe this is the safe bet. "
Capcom's made a killing off cameos in the past. Megaman X had the Hadouken, the Versus games in general, Dante in Viewtiful Joe. I don't see how it undercuts at all.

Also Bionic and Dark Void were outsourced.
#24 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@thecleric said:
" @ryanwho said:
" Capcom is doing some baffling shit lately. It kind of undercuts their confidence in their games, all these cameo gimmicks. What happened to selling a game based on its Quality. Tis isn't Soul Calibur, your game might actually be good. On the other hand, after Bionic Commando and Dark Void, maybe this is the safe bet. "
Capcom's made a killing off cameos in the past. Megaman X had the Hadouken, the Versus games in general, Dante in Viewtiful Joe. I don't see how it undercuts at all. Also Bionic and Dark Void were outsourced. "
They're adding characters that aren't even Capcom owned. Its pandering. Pandering infers a lack of faith in the product. You don't buy the right to Solid Snake and some Gears dudes when you have confidence in the game standing on its own. Its completely different than when they dip into their own catalog and throw Megaman into his millionth cameo.
#25 Posted by thecleric (793 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" @thecleric said:
" @ryanwho said:
Capcom's made a killing off cameos in the past. Megaman X had the Hadouken, the Versus games in general, Dante in Viewtiful Joe. I don't see how it undercuts at all. Also Bionic and Dark Void were outsourced. "
They're adding characters that aren't even Capcom owned. Its pandering. Pandering infers a lack of faith in the product. You don't buy the right to Solid Snake and some Gears dudes when you have confidence in the game standing on its own. Its completely different than when they dip into their own catalog and throw Megaman into his millionth cameo. "
Solid Snake's not in the game. the Gears guys are the only ones who aren't owned by Capcom, and I'm sure that was Microsoft and them meeting up and saying 'hey, we want to throw these guys in because we like gears' and Cliffy was like lolok. Plus the game's director even stated how much stuff like Halo influenced him on this second one.
#26 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

I think you got it backwards, it's Konami that added Monster Hunter stuff in Metal Gear Solid... Nothin wrong with cool extras and collaborations. Also, ensuring success with stuff like that hardly hurts anyone. Sales success often has little to do with the actual game's quality after all, even if they have a grand game it may as well flop for any number of reasons, including lack of known brands. Adding characters people already like may help, and is cool, so thumbs up.

#27 Posted by Yummylee (21652 posts) -

This is starting to look more like an CAPCOM all stars game. Sure it's only Wesker and Frank that are capcoms own, but still I won't hold off anymore fitting their way in, if not through inevitable DLC.
#28 Posted by Creamypies (4066 posts) -

What is the point of all these dumb bonus characters?

#29 Posted by BTHRZeroX (37 posts) -
#30 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -
@thecleric:  That would be awesome.

I mean hey, they got some monsters in MGS PW and that's a Konami product.

No reason not to do it for their own games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.