I don't know what game the reviewer are playing.

• 68 results
#-49 Posted by masterpaperlink (1873 posts) -

just played some more co-op with two other people, this game is fantastic. If you liked the first you will like this.

#-48 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" @nanikore said:
" @oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" I'm just saying it pretty underrated "
I think you are underrated  :/  "
Is that supposed to be an insult? "
no he was complement me "
Mmm, you type English good  :/ 

It is just personal banter Nanikore.  We do it all the time for our own amusement.  You would notice I do the same to you - you post a one liner and I post it back altered.   It amuses me in my own small way and isn't any form of insult. 

As for the game itself, I am curious to form a personal view - it is on Live with a demo right?  I may download it over the weekend.  I am sure it isn't my type of game, but all this has made me curious.
#-47 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @nanikore said:
" @oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
Mmm, you type English good  :/  It is just personal banter Nanikore.  We do it all the time for our own amusement.  You would notice I do the same to you - you post a one liner and I post it back altered.   It amuses me in my own small way and isn't any form of insult.  As for the game itself, I am curious to form a personal view - it is on Live with a demo right?  I may download it over the weekend.  I am sure it isn't my type of game, but all this has made me curious. "
No I speak American not English hahahaha
#-46 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" @oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @nanikore said:
" @oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
Mmm, you type English good  :/  "
No I speak American not English hahahaha "
Oh yes, American, the English language you get when brother and sister reproduce  :/
#-45 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@oldschool: no no no my parents are a polar bear and sir elton john, thank you very much
#-44 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -
@oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @nanikore said:
" @oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
Mmm, you type English good  :/  "
No I speak American not English hahahaha "
Oh yes, American, the English language you get when brother and sister reproduce  :/ "
thas racis
#-43 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -

i dont know what language are speaking

#-42 Posted by bitcloud (646 posts) -
@Cube: Isn't it funny when people are desperate to defend a game?
#-41 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" @oldschool: no no no my parents are a polar bear and sir elton john, thank you very much "
Really?  You must be awesome looking then  :/ 

Is this your mum? 

#-40 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@oldschool: no elton was the mother
#-39 Posted by OneManX (1693 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" @Abyssfull:  
@owl_of_minerva:  
@SteamPunkJin:

OK when I see my friends arguing amongst themselves, that's when I feel I have to step in. Can we please not pollute this thread also, TrophyHunter has been very quick to reply in this thread and diffuse any potential for that to happen. This thread hasn't been created to be Brad Review Sucks Mk 2 - in posting about the game with positivity on this site now, it's obvious the community is going to be well aware of Brads review and the stark differences in opinion, so it's natural that he pays light reference to it. So what?. he's clearly not trying to kick off another argument here.  There was no need to raise the issue in the first place Abyss, Owl thought you were trying to hijack this thread and draw attention away from any positivity that may be shown here.  I detect from owls reply to you, that Owl's gripe is my own gripe right now - if you show any dislike towards an article or review from staff, which I have done myself recently, your immediately called out as a troll, or part of some brigade by a crowd of idiots that staunchly defend in an often sickening manner. As a free thinking adult in my late 30's, this is anger inducing stuff.   I do understand It's natural that there are many that like the staff here, and that's perfectly fine, but on this site of late, it's become so overt it's borders vulgarity - that's exactly why Owl replied the way he did.   We're on forums to gain wider opinion, that often means coming across opposing opinions we dislike. The supporters of staff brigade need to realise everyone who posts within the rules of these forums are entitled to express their honest opinion without ridicule or abuse, even if it doesn't sit well in their minds that are filled with adoration for staff members. The staff must know well by know they're constantly subject to critique themselves, they don't need band of  members defending them!, their body of work alone does that!  Nothing in the OP is contentious and aims to inflame, it's merely to show that there are indeed people loving this game right now.   It's clear this game isn't for everyone, personally, I know it's very much for me.  I'm sick to death of games being designed for the burger and fries audience - games that have got great reviews in recent years have left be feeling empty after completing them.  Someone the other day started a thread about the empty feeling you get after completing games, I get that myself, and it's due largely to the challenge that today's games pose. The elation, the real elation and great experiences in videogames, come only after a degree of hardship. This game can send it my way in ample amounts, I look at this game and say to myself, I want to master the fuck out it, I want to be the best I can be - a great addition to any team of players online. In a few months time I expect that to happen, because I expect there to frustration along the way to mastery.   apol: typos and grammar, I'm off out. "

You see... I have a problem with the line the "burger and fries" audience. For the simple fact, most games like this either. When I think that  the Japanese games tend to hold your hand too much, but still provide odd learning curves. I played some LP2 on the PS3 with a friend of mine and we ran into one of the big boss fights, and it was tough, but not... you need a strategy tough, but.. "cheap" tough, like "This game has no balance" tough.  The train sequence can get damn near unplayable. Like the game is unnecessarily hard, instead of going forward with it, it's like they went sideways. Gears 1 was the next step from Lost Planet in terms of 3rd Person Shooters on the 360, you'd expect this game to be the next step in that evolution.

When you have the guys from Gears of War  in your game... and the game doesn't even play CLOSE to Gears, all you really do is highlight the flaws in your game. Like... a storyline and a TRUE single player game (this game is just boring by yourself) or simple jump in and jump out co-op. Also the gunplay lacks that tactile feel of Gears like everything takes an extra second to get going.. In Gears I can ready my gun, point, fire and it feels right and for some reasons LP2, feels just slow. 

Also, it's just very Point A to Point B. My same problem with FF13, up until a certain point it just held your hand too damn tightly. From the start of Fallout, once you step out of the Vault... the world is yours. GTA, Saints Row, InFamous, gams that pretty much say do what you want when you want.  Even games like Mass Effect 1 and 2 had a level of openness from the start. It doesnt have the flare of an Uncharted, Splinter Cell or Gears and doesn't have the level of freedom of  InFamous... it's just too damn in the middle.
#-38 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" You have a different opinion. This has been known to happen. "
Woah, woah, woah! Dude, what are you TALKING about?!    : )
#-37 Posted by schizogony (977 posts) -

Everything Brad hates about the game is stuff that sounds really cool to me. 

#-36 Posted by xXxLYNCHxXx (162 posts) -

If anyone doesn't agree with a review, I recommend reading the press release.  I tend to find a glowing endorsement that fits my needs perfectly, and justifies my purchase to a tee.  Down with reviewers!  Get your opinion directly from the developers!

#-35 Posted by FirePrince (1766 posts) -

The Ai is complete shit,they scare me,shooting the walls and staring at me for hours.
Capcom is still in denial of decent controls. 
STOP KNOCKING ME INTO BOTOMLESS PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITS! 
I really wanted to like this game,but it's so full of epicly stupid design choices that I can barely stand it.

#-34 Posted by pweidman (2362 posts) -
@oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" @nanikore said:
" @oldschool said:
" @trophyhunter said:
Mmm, you type English good  :/  It is just personal banter Nanikore.  We do it all the time for our own amusement.  You would notice I do the same to you - you post a one liner and I post it back altered.   It amuses me in my own small way and isn't any form of insult.  As for the game itself, I am curious to form a personal view - it is on Live with a demo right?  I may download it over the weekend.  I am sure it isn't my type of game, but all this has made me curious. "

Yeah check out the co-op demo.  I did and came away a little confused and not impressed.  Now I have the game and played a shit ton yesterday and so much seems better and clearer.  As in many cases, an out of context demo makes some perceptions suffer.  Anywho after playing the game solo(sp only) yesterday w/bots, and finally w/3 other XBL friends, I can't help but come away a little shocked by many of the claims and criticisms leveled at LP2.  First off the game is designed for co-op.  That becomes very apparent early on and if you don't play w/several others you can't see how it was intended to work imo.  Biggest fail w/Brad's review right there, and several others I've read.  Anyway, the game is pretty good, that is obvious.  Maybe not great, more time will tell, but it has undeniable upside that hasn't really been revealed enough by so many reviews.  Also, for anyone who really wants more depth to details of all this game entails, done very accurately imo, check out this review I saw on 1up.  This kid's 17 and he has some serious review skills.  He needs to be recruited by someone. 
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?gId=3170400&sec=REVIEWS&r=9361853
#-33 Posted by Binman88 (3690 posts) -

All this talk about how difficult the game is makes me want to play it. I might pick it up for the PC.

#-32 Posted by bitcloud (646 posts) -

This game is frustrating, not difficult.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.