Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Planet 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 11, 2010

In the follow-up to Lost Planet, players explore new environments as they see the story through the perspective of different groups of pirates trying to survive on E.D.N. III.

Lost Planet 2 is getting patched.

crunchmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By crunchmonkey

http://www.capcom-unity.com/lost_planet/go/thread/view/44251/24959761/Lost_Planet_2_Team_Listens_-_Juicy_Patch_Incoming?pg=1 

"You fans have been playing the crap out of Lost Planet 2, and we've been listening to all of your feedback. We're releasing a patch that incorporates a lot of ideas you have been asking for. Here's the details on what to expect:

- Respawning points are changed - e.g. the player can start  from the beginning of the boss fight, rather than start the level from  the beginning and so on.
    Applies to the whole game."

- The player's attacking power has been strengthened.
    This applies when the difficulty level is set at either Easy or Normal and when only one player starts the game.

- The level of animations for the player being affected near by attack/explosion is lowered.
    This applies when the difficulty level is set at either Easy or Normal and when only one player starts the game.

- The level of damage to the player is lowered.

- Harmonizer is adjusted to be more powerful.

- The level of animations for the enemies being affected near by attack/explosion is increased.

- Tip texts are added to the objects that require the B button action such as Data Posts.
    Applies to the whole game.

- Weapons' parameters are adjusted - i.e. they became quite evenly balanced (not too strong, not too weak).

- The speed of the player's dash is increased.

PRESS RELEASE: Lost Planet 2 Online update on its way!!

Lost Planet 2 is being updated online - this update will include various bug fixes, difficulty recalibration and extensive game balance tuning.

PS3 version is receiving the update on the 7th of June and Xbox360 update is already in plan. (Details on Xbox360 update will be notified on the official website)
    Main improvements:
        •    Re-spawn check points added to each section of a map and also in the boss area.
        •    Weapons have been readjusted
        •    Many community requests regarding the coop mode have been implemented    

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Wow...that's one hefty update. Looks to hopefully solve some LP2's most glaring problems too.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

Some of the changes seem unnecessary (More attack power and less damage? Really? There are people who have been complaining about stuff like that?), but a lot of them seem really nice. Now, I'm actually considering picking the game up. 

The only thing holding me back is the way the split-screen works. It supposedly gives each player one fourth of the screen, using the other half for mini-maps. People have reportedly been having trouble seeing what's going on on 50" HDTVs, and on the 28" SDTV I game on... well, I don't think I'd see shit. 

Still, I'll probably get the game. The first Lost Planet wasn't co-op, and I had a blast with that.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Vorbis

Might finally be able to finish it on hard with 3 people, lacking that 4th person has been holding us back.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Rhaknar

so they are basically making the single player easier, which i guess is cool since the AI that "helps" you is all but useless according to most reviews, making the game much harder than it should be

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee
    @Icemael:  
    It's just another precaution to help make the game easier, I imagine. Regarding the more attack power and less damage tweak. They obviously felt the sting from most of the criticism and are now throwing every opportunity to make the game more accessible.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By Icemael
    @Abyssfull: Yeah, but I feel it's the wrong thing to change. The difficulty was a symptom, not the problem.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By c1337us

I like the idea for the respawn points but other then that I am not worried about any of the rest of it.

iTreefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By iTreefish

Still no crouch hold/toggle setting? I'm a little dissappointed. Other than that sounds good!

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Finally there is a reason for the sprint

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By Chris2KLee

Sounds like fixes that might get me to pick up the game. I usually like to beat games solo at least once before going online, and it looks like they are going to make that easier now.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Ghostiet

Wow, that's actually quite cool.

iTreefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By iTreefish

Both the PS3 & 360 versions have now been patched and the dashing is SOOO much better...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.