Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Planet 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 11, 2010

In the follow-up to Lost Planet, players explore new environments as they see the story through the perspective of different groups of pirates trying to survive on E.D.N. III.

Lost Planet 2 PS3 Demo

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

Capcom have announced that the PS3 demo will hit on September 24. The demo will offer online cooperative play against a category "G" AK, as seen in the previously released 360 demo. although this PS3 version will have an additional two CoOp missions available which are said to feature the same "G" AK.   

The PS3 version will also have an exclusive trailer showing the game's third episode. 

The demo hits on the first day of the Tokyo Game Show.    

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TwoOneFive

niice.  
    getting my new slim tomorrow. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

I'm surprised there's more of the "G" AK battle before the encounter you see in the 360's demo. How is that even possible!?.

MVP1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MVP1101

This demo was better than the one on live. it was longer and it give you a better feel for the game 

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

the demo seems to be easier then the 360 version not control better, i just found it far easier to kill akrad...etc
    As for that your in a actual battle on the 360 version with AI guys, by the time i got to the last boss on the demo of the ps3 though all my AI companions had survived they stopped following me after the first map.

Tortoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Tortoise

The demo was excellent. The controls were unusual but after about 30 seconds felt really intuitive to me. It looks stunning and the gunplay was really solid - I especially liked the shotgun. I guess my concern would be how well large bosses will work in single player.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Akeldama

i hated the first game, but i think i may try this one out. They seem to have remedied everything that made the first game shit to me.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Andorski

I liked the demo more than the one they put out for the 360.  Unfortunately, I came across the same problem in both demos: I had no idea what I was doing when killing that giant salamander.  The demo doesn't give you details on what needs to be done when taking down the giant.  Also, there is no health bar for the creature.  Every time my team kills it, I had no idea we were close to taking it down until it dropped on the ground and died.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By get2sammyb

I tried it and hated it.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By Icemael
    @Andorski: While the demo doesn't explain it, the combat in Lost Planet(while fighting Akrid, that is) can be summed up in five words: Aim for the orange glow. 

And I'm pretty sure there was a health meter for the boss. A huge one, at the bottom of the screen. I might be wrong though -- plenty of time has passed since I played the demo.
    TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I tried it. Had really nice graphics and I can see all the work put into it, but it's just not my type of game. I went in wanting to like it because I need a good co-op game, but I just don't like it's style.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Andorski
    @Icemael: Yea... color coding does help you figure out what to do, but it's pretty vague.  For example... when you shoot off one of the legs on the creature, and he goes underwater and comes back with all his legs, is he healed?  Did all the previous damage you do now gone?

I'll play the demo again to see if there is a health bar for the creature.  I might have missed it; Lost Planet's HUD is kinda crowded.
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By eclipsesis
    @WilliamRLBaker: Same here the PS3 demo appeared to be buggy as hell, i lost all audio on many occasions  
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andorski

Played the demo so more.  I guess I was overthinking the boss battle; I thought you had to go through some sort of specific process to take the giant down, but really is as simple as "shoot the orange spot and wait for it to die."

The more I play the demo, the more this game is climbing my most anticipated list.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Afroman269

Downloading it now. The 360 one was hard as hell but I would like to play more.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheGodPoet

I liked the PS3 demo. The boss is hard though. Played it on Co-op 4 times and only beat it twice. With that being said I like the games controls and everything else. I could see the game being hard as hell on single player during a boss battle. 

Oh and the PS3 demo has to be bugged. When I first started it up there was no audio in the beginning and I thought that was on purpose. So yeah I play the demo over a few times and I see there was actually supposed to be sound in the beginning. That's the only bug I see in the demo.

tedbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tedbear

Wow the PS3 demo is so fucking bugged its sickening to think this is what passes for a PS game.
    Xbox 360 version was fine though ^^

ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

The most epic game I have ever seen....

Lost Planet 2 boss fight
    Lost Planet 2 boss fight
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Linkyshinks

@Andorski:

Well there is actually a routine you should try. Take out the horns ("First Strike", or "point blank" if your on it's back riding it), then take out four legs using heavy weaponry. ( the brighter the orange glow, the more likely it's going to come off)  

As soon as the monster drops to regenerate legs, go inside it's mouth. (-you must be quick)  Go in with a shotgun or a machine gun loaded with ample bullets (- keep either one of the two as a primary weapon). Take the right side channel of the monsters body. Take out Akrids before they get too close and explode. Destroy all egg sacks before they produce more Akrids and cause issues. You can keep holding back on your controller to avoid getting too close. Once you've cleared one side, at the end of the channel to the above left, you should shoot at the Giant AK's internal core. which is orange bump on the ceiling of it's main organ cavity. After you take that out the Giant Akrid will lose it's ability to regenerate as well as it di before, so you can kill it quicker.  

Once outside (hold start when your being shat out of it's arse), jump into the nearest mech hide around the corner of a rock structure and wait for it to pass up close  (shoot at it to draw it in close). Get in really close by it's back legs and take out each of it's legs consequentially not worrying about the stability of the mech...just keep shooting.  Before or during all of this above, open up all the battle posts (x4). Another tip is to time your jumps so you can avoid the monsters electrical attacks. You can do the same in mech's too.

I get 4500 points average and an A every time on the demo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.