Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Planet 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 11, 2010

In the follow-up to Lost Planet, players explore new environments as they see the story through the perspective of different groups of pirates trying to survive on E.D.N. III.

MT Framework 2.0 - 3D Ready - Lost Planet 2 3D Update?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Enterbrain's CEO Hirokazu Hamamura recently gave a lecture at a game industry event in Japan, during his lecture he said Sony was in in full gear as far as it's 3D technology, and that third parties were attempting to follow suit. He said Capcom's MT Framework  2.0 game engine, which powers the likes of Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5, is 3D ready, he stated that the development code for both Lost Planet 2 and Resident Evil 5 can support 3D. I wonder if Lost Planet 2 might get some sort of 3D update in the future, I could see it happening with Lost Planet 2, but not so much with Resident Evil, I think Capcom are done with that, after all the DLC. Recently, Shinji Mikami spoke about the evolution of the horror genre, saying that he and his new company "Tango",  would love to create a 3D horror game, I think his words may have sparked Capcom into gear about Resident Evil 6. 

I happen to think Lost Planet 2 in 3D would look pretty awesome. 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SeriouslyNow

3D technology translates pretty well to modern 3D games so I'd say this is a good thing.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

I hope Capcom address this issue at e3.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By demontium

why is 3D so important. Its not even good yet.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

This would be incredibly forward-thinking on their part. If they can keep the graphics of the same high quality with no hitches in rendering, then it makes Ninja Theory's claims a moot point.

BTHRZeroX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BTHRZeroX

Well I know NVidia show cased the PC version of Lost Planet 2 and it was meant to have shown it in 3D

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrKlorox

Neat. Forward thinking indeed. 3D will eventually become standard, but I don't expect it to happen in the MT Framework 2.0 era... unless in 2025 capcom will start releasing games on old tech for the sake of nostalgia like Megaman 9/10 recently were.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.