Truely 360 exclusive? maybe....

#1 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
#2 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

No exclusive. Capcom is all about supporting all consoles; so the game will appear on both 360 & PS3.

#3 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
Kou_Leifoh said:
"No exclusive. Capcom is all about supporting all consoles; so the game will appear on both 360 & PS3.
"
we'll there must be a reason why capcom after the exclusive announcement trailer on xbox live would then annouce it as in development on the 360 and not mention any other system, and then for famitsu to have an page about it with the only mention of the 360 console as well.
#4 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

It may be a timed exclusive, but I would shit my pants if LP2 didn't get a PS3 release as well. It's Capcom were talking about here....CAPCOM! Also, I wouldn't consider this to be a special exclusive if it was X360-only.

#5 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

It'll probably be like Resident Evil 4 was. First it came out on Gamecube, then it came out for PS2 a little while later with extra stuff added.

#6 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

Capcom is one to expand to multi-platforms, I wouldn't be too suprsed if it were on the 360 PS3 and PC.

#7 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Given what they said a few weeks back about multiplatform, I would expect this will be timed-exclusive at the most. It would strike me as hypocritical if they turned around and announced an exclusive mere weeks after touting multiplatform as the future (although I can't find the exact quote so maybe in reality this makes more sense than I think it does).

#8 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

It will almost certainly see a release on PC also. This looks to be a timed exclusive.

#9 Posted by DevilishSix (102 posts) -
WilliamRLBaker said:
"Or atleast time exclusive.
http://kotaku.com/5159984/capcom-says-lost-planet-2-is-being-developed-for-the-xbox-360

And seems to be confirmed in the latest issue of famitsu.
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26792239&tag=topics;title

I'm probably gonna bet on time exclusive and not full exclusive.
"

Yeah timed exclusive sounds right.  Microsoft is getting their holiday 09 lineup together......LP2, Alan Wake, ODST, Forza 3, *cough* Crackdown 2 *cough*, *cough* Killer Instinct 360 *cough*, ??,??

but even timed exclusive for say six months.....after six months, honestly,  noone will care about a PC and or PS3 version.
#10 Posted by Drebin_893 (2918 posts) -

Same reason as the fact that they never mentioned the 360 version of Assassins Creed. People in suits gave a briefcase to another group of people in suits, then they all preceeded to shake hands.

#11 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -
Drebin_893 said:
"Same reason as the fact that they never mentioned the 360 version of Assassins Creed. People in suits gave a briefcase to another group of people in suits, then they all preceeded to shake hands."
And then one of them draws out a gun, and then they start shooting at each other in the conference room but two of them are still holding hands, not shaking, their hands froze while shaking each other's hands, one of them is trying to pll his hand out, but the other one, which is tall and bald, is too strong and then the hand of the tall and bald dude comes out and a thin iron arm behind it as it crawls up the other guy, and the hand and the arm kill him and then half the men were robots (the half that was on the side of the guy who is now handless) and tey rip their artificial skins out and they show the robots they truly are, and they have mega weapons, and they destroy everything with mghty rocket launchers, but one of the other half (the human half) has survived and throwsa bomb (a Giant Bomb) tat blows them up.

Now one of the robots and one of the men survived...
#12 Posted by Drebin_893 (2918 posts) -
Snail said:
"Drebin_893 said:
"Same reason as the fact that they never mentioned the 360 version of Assassins Creed. People in suits gave a briefcase to another group of people in suits, then they all preceeded to shake hands."
And then one of them draws out a gun, and then they start shooting at each other in the conference room but two of them are still holding hands, not shaking, their hands froze while shaking each other's hands, one of them is trying to pll his hand out, but the other one, which is tall and bald, is too strong and then the hand of the tall and bald dude comes out and a thin iron arm behind it as it crawls up the other guy, and the hand and the arm kill him and then half the men were robots (the half that was on the side of the guy who is now handless) and tey rip their artificial skins out and they show the robots they truly are, and they have mega weapons, and they destroy everything with mghty rocket launchers, but one of the other half (the human half) has survived and throwsa bomb (a Giant Bomb) tat blows them up.

Now one of the robots and one of the men survived...
"
Nailed it.
#13 Posted by The_Icon (573 posts) -

I would really be surprised if it is exclusive.

#14 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -

I can see it being a timed exclusive

#15 Posted by BawlZINmotion (714 posts) -

The same reason Ubisoft would only acknowledge the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed for almost a year.

#16 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -
Kush said:
"Also, I wouldn't consider this to be a special exclusive if it was X360-only."
=  O    LOST PLANET IS TEH OWNAGE!!!  Far too few people played this game, and there are no good reasons as to why they didn't.  LP2 is gonna own face!!!

OWN   FACE!!!

Either way, I'm going for timed exclusive as well.  With the direction that Capcom has been going in this generation, it just doesn't seem logical that they would keep it console-specific unless they were being paid a shit-ton of money for it.  Personally, though, Lost Planet 2 needs to go multi-platform so more people will find the franchise.

Also, Snail, you sound like you're describing this:

#17 Posted by PufferFiz (1379 posts) -
jakob187 said:

"
haha great video
#18 Posted by Luke (1609 posts) -
#19 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

The PS3 and PC will both get LOST PLANET 2 COLONIES, with like 40 billion extra game options, player models and skins, and weapons and levels
And all the early adopters on the XBOX 360 will get screwed again.

#20 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
Kou_Leifoh said:
"No exclusive. Capcom is all about supporting all consoles; so the game will appear on both 360 & PS3."
No, Capcom isn't about supporting all consoles, they are about being port crazy.  They think it is possible to port Street Fighter 4 to the iPhone.  Fucking loonies.

Seriously man, there is a Spectrum version of Street Fighter 2.

Gameboy version

If I am not mistaken, they brought Resident Evil 4 to the PS2, which was suppose to be a Gamecube exclusive.

They even released Strider to the NES which sucked.

#21 Posted by Sinatra (213 posts) -

I am pretty sure it will not be an exclusive for long.

#22 Posted by Liminality (444 posts) -
@Sinatra said:
" I am pretty sure it will not be an exclusive for long. "
Cough cough... no, it won't
#23 Posted by xyzygy (10008 posts) -
@Sinatra said:
" I am pretty sure it will not be an exclusive for long. "
This thread was made almost a year ago... I think since then we've come to the conclusion that it's for all systems... or is it not?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.