Two months since LP2 release, are people still playing?

#1 Posted by countinhallways (632 posts) -

Lost Planet 2 is a game whose concept, setting and art style has always appealed to me, however the poor reaction upon the games release stopped me from taking the dive and buying it at full price.  
I tried both the demos and they were pretty fun but I could readily see the problems mentioned in reviews re: the controls and pace of the game etc.
Seeing as the game is now readily available for 20 euros (about  25 dollars) I am again thinking about picking it up. 
How do people feel about the game two months on? I understand it was patched, did this improve its gameplay much? Are people still playing online? 
Cheers for your opinions.

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

I didn't even realize that game came out- is it any good?

#3 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:
" I didn't even realize that game came out- is it any good? "
Nope.
#4 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -

A shitload of crazy japanese people are probably playing it

#5 Posted by Dr_VonBoogie (348 posts) -
@TooWalrus: LP2 is a game that received mixed reviews. Some game critics liked it, others appalled it citing that the game was either to hard, to frustrating and that some of the co-op aspects of the game were poorly implemented. Capcom has since then fixed some of the issues about the game bought by video game reviewers with a few patches since its release. If your thinking about picking this game up I would suggest renting it first as it appears that this is a hate it or love it game. Also as a response to the OP, yeah, people are still playing this game online, and don't worry about the controls, everybody has their own opinions about shooter controls should feel like. Either it take the Gears of War approach or the Call of Duty control setup.     
#6 Posted by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

I'm still playing it and also still enjoying it. Yes there are still alot of people playing it online but mostly from Japan. There are also moderate numbers of American & European players online.

#7 Posted by Jazz (2294 posts) -

If i had a decent connection I totally would be still playing it. It's a great game despite what other people say. 
Very Marmite though.

#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I only played it for about 4 hours. I doubt I'll be putting that in my Xbox, ever again.

#9 Posted by Brodehouse (10106 posts) -

I like it.  And I don't know why.

#10 Posted by SashaNYI (30 posts) -

I was a huge fan of the first one, as well as Colonies, so for me it's a no-brainer. That being said, I can see why others don't like it. I enjoy the Co-op gameplay with my friends and the multiplayer is lots of fun to me.

#11 Posted by iTreefish (63 posts) -

Xbox hasn't been connected until this last weekend. Gonna pick it up again soon (I hope)...

#12 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -
@TooWalrus: Yep very mixed reviews, Brad gave it 2 stars and a lot of the community reacted negatively.
It seems that the game falls into the Monster Hunter type of game where you either love it or hate it, and various aspects are deemed clunky.  I myself love Monster Hunter :D
#13 Edited by pweidman (2351 posts) -

Still playing and you can find an online mp game easily(in the US too).  The game has issues, but the positives outweigh the negatives.  The game's gorgeous and has a very addictive quality in how you unlock stuff, all while having very fun and challenging gameplay, especially in co-op w/friends.  Do not expect to S rank though...it'll take forever literally.
#14 Posted by MasterKite (13 posts) -
@pweidman said:
" Still playing and you can find an online mp game easily(in the US too).  The game has issues, but the positives outweigh the negatives.  The game's gorgeous and has a very addictive quality in how you unlock stuff, all while having very fun and challenging gameplay, especially in co-op w/friends.  Do not expect to S rank though...it'll take forever literally. "
Thats True. Ive totally killed on a mission and still only got an a. All in all though here is a tip. If your trying to unlock character parts put the game on easy and equip superstar you can game about 2-5 levels a chapter depending on your current level and the chapter.
#15 Posted by pweidman (2351 posts) -
@MasterKite:
S rank the entire game, as in get 1000/1000 gamer score.   Look at the achieves, some are completely redic.
#16 Posted by MasterKite (13 posts) -
@pweidman said:
" @MasterKite: S rank the entire game, as in get 1000/1000 gamer score.   Look at the achieves, some are completely redic. "
Jesus do they really expect us to do some of these thats retarded.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.