2.5 stars 2.5/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 11 releases and 0 DLC

Lost Planet 3 Review: Left Out in the Cold 2

Lost Planet 3 is lifeless – a shooter without a soul – though not for a lack of trying. Spark Unlimited is a studio of what-ifs. What if Winston Churchill’s premature death meant The Third Reich conquered Great Britain and invaded North America during World War II? What if Pandora’s Box was a real mystical artifact, and an art thief’s curiosity loosed griffins, werewolves, and minotaurs upon Earth’s cities? Now, what if Spark was given a chance to undo the bad...

Lost Planet 3 is a peculiar game. It’s a solid third-person shooter with an identity crisis. 0

The Lost Planet series and I have had our shares of ups and downs. I adored the first game, but loathed the second. When the original game released on the Xbox 360 there was a sense of “next-gen” about it – the gorgeous looking ice world, the grappling hook mechanic, huge, exhilarating monster battles, and of course, you could pilot a mecha-like robot. Lost Planet was a cool (pardon the pun) and exciting third-person shooter. Then Lost Planet 2 arrived and I was hugely disappointed in the direct...