I just started playing this game again. I wanted to get all the achievements (go figure). I had previously rented it back when it first came out. Anyway, this game has Japanese written all over it. From the characters to the design. Maybe that's why not everybody enjoys it? I sure know it took me until the "Colonies" iteration, with it's excellent Akrid MP mode, to begin enjoying LP. But there are numerous faults they need to fix.
- Target marks on all difficulties. (Basically collectibles.) But in different places on every difficulty. Talk about designing this game to piss people off.
- Everything that you got shot with almost always made you lose your footing. Whether you're getting hit by a rocket, a giant worm is bursting from the ground, or your VS takes a hit, Wayne/VS always has a hard time staying on his feet.
- The characters were awful looking. Especially that kid with the dreads and the goggles. Oh right, and the boss on Chapter 10 that had two ponytails over the front of his face and a skintight suit.
- T-ENG, I think everyone hates this. Not really a problem on Easy/Normal. On Expert though I hear if you stop moving, you're basically screwed.
- Running towards the screen (away from the enemy) Wayne keeps changing shoulders and therefore stops shooting during this time. A bit frustrating.
- Agonizing deaths. As stated before, everything knocks you over. So you might be recovering from a rocket when they decide to bombard you again.
- At least for online the shotgun was an asshole. Knocked you off your feet and left you helpless to countless shotgunning in the face.
- Too much smoke, or too many explosions. Not sure, but it's hard to see and takes too long to dissipate.
But hey that's just me. I hope they've learned from their mistakes during the making of LP2.