Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 21, 2006

On a frozen planet, one man fights the elements, ice pirates, and gigantic, hostile insectoid aliens to avenge the murder of his father and regain his lost memories.

Why Did You (Personally) Hate Lost Planet?

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

I just started playing this game again. I wanted to get all the achievements (go figure). I had previously rented it back when it first came out. Anyway, this game has Japanese written all over it. From the characters to the design. Maybe that's why not everybody enjoys it? I sure know it took me until the "Colonies" iteration, with it's excellent Akrid MP mode, to begin enjoying LP. But there are numerous faults they need to fix.

• Target marks on all difficulties. (Basically collectibles.) But in different places on every difficulty. Talk about designing this game to piss people off.
    • Everything that you got shot with almost always made you lose your footing. Whether you're getting hit by a rocket, a giant worm is bursting from the ground, or your VS takes a hit, Wayne/VS always has a hard time staying on his feet.
    • The characters were awful looking. Especially that kid with the dreads and the goggles. Oh right, and the boss on Chapter 10 that had two ponytails over the front of his face and a skintight suit.
    • T-ENG, I think everyone hates this. Not really a problem on Easy/Normal. On Expert though I hear if you stop moving, you're basically screwed.
    • Running towards the screen (away from the enemy) Wayne keeps changing shoulders and therefore stops shooting during this time. A bit frustrating.
    • Agonizing deaths. As stated before, everything knocks you over. So you might be recovering from a rocket when they decide to bombard you again.
    • At least for online the shotgun was an asshole. Knocked you off your feet and left you helpless to countless shotgunning in the face.
    • Too much smoke, or too many explosions. Not sure, but it's hard to see and takes too long to dissipate.

But hey that's just me. I hope they've learned from their mistakes during the making of LP2.
    raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By raven_squad

Simple answer.... I didnt. 

A few things left it seeming pretty generic though. Character design was poor, and the environments were bland and undetailed. Also, Firing a weapon lacked..."omph".

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

The first time I played through the game I hated it, but after a while I realized I actually liked the game.

I agree sometimes the smoke and explosions were WAY too much.  The smoke is really cool, but enemies shouldn't be able to see you if you can't see them in those situations.  Hate being nailed by accurate fire from soldiers when there's so much smoke there's no way they should see me.

I noticed that awkward shoulder switching when shooting too.  The storyline was incredibly bad.

Would have liked more mech vs mech battles.  Maybe also they should tweak the difficulty because the game is really unbalanced.  Also the last battle flat out sucked.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo
    raven_squad said:
    "Simple answer.... I didnt. 

A few things left it seeming pretty generic though. Character design was poor, and the environments were bland and undetailed. Also, Firing a weapon lacked..."omph"."
    If there's one thing I'd have to admit is that the graphics still stand up to today's standards. Even better in some cases. It's just a great looking game, very crisp. Even if the environments aren't that interesting, they still looked good right. And that worm. I hate the fucking worm but it looks good.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince

Controls and graphics.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Diamond said:
    "Also the last battle flat out sucked."
    Straight-up Zone of the Enders. Amirite? (Too bad Zone of the Enders was so good, and the sequence wasn't.)
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Diamond
    LiquidPrince said:
    graphics.
    raven_squad said:
    the environments were bland and undetailed.
    You two play the PS3 version only?  I heard they didn't do such a great job with that version.
    Superchris129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Superchris129

It was boring. Period.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Jayge_

I didn't hate Lost Planet. I loved Lost Planet. I thought it was excellent. The controls, the graphics, the gameplay. It was totally sweet. I can't wait for the sequel.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Diamond said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    graphics.
    raven_squad said:
    the environments were bland and undetailed.
    You two play the PS3 version only?  I heard they didn't do such a great job with that version."
    No, it just sucked. All versions.
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

I didn't? Except for the end boss and overall ending, I thought the game was pretty entertaining. 

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Whisperkill

I didnt hate it, I just felt it was a bit average, nothing too special about it.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

I loved Lost planet, and all the problems you give i just can't understand. The game had some of the best looking character models in a long time, as for geting knocked on your feet is part of the game I had no problem with it.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By carlthenimrod

I liked Lost Planet, it had its problems but it was a new IP.

My BIGGEST problem with the game is that if you play online and knock someone down, you can't shoot them. They become invincible or something. So you have to wait for them to get up before you can try to finish them off. It is like something out of a fighting game. If I knock some guy down I should be able to run up to them and blow there heads off like in Gears of War 2.

Oh, one other thing. I also hate how you become invincible when you are rolling. If I hit you with a rocket as you are rolling, blow the fuck up!

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#15  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I loved it, I just didn't like the online as much.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By raven_squad
    Vinchenzo said:
    "raven_squad said:

A few things left it seeming pretty generic though. Character design was poor, and the environments were bland and undetailed. Also, Firing a weapon lacked..."omph"."
    If there's one thing I'd have to admit is that the graphics still stand up to today's standards. Even better in some cases. It's just a great looking game, very crisp. Even if the environments aren't that interesting, they still looked good right. And that worm. I hate the fucking worm but it looks good."
    Oh, I thought the detail on the character models, enemy models, and the Akrid was quite excellent. Just the environments felt very empty, cold, and undetailed. Something was missing...WilliamRLBaker said:
    "I loved Lost planet, and all the problems you give i just can't understand. The game had some of the best looking character models in a long time, as for geting knocked on your feet is part of the game I had no problem with it."
    The character models had great detail. To bad it was very poor design. The dude with dreads and goggle's as mentioned in TC's post was almost comical. I couldn't take any scene he was in seriously... :( 
    weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By weltal

I enjoyed it greatly. I've read all the reasons people shit on it and frankly I don't care. Mechs, giant guns, and some entertaining combat made it well worth the $20 price tag.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    raven_squad said:
    "Vinchenzo said:
    "raven_squad said:

If there's one thing I'd have to admit is that the graphics still stand up to today's standards. Even better in some cases. It's just a great looking game, very crisp. Even if the environments aren't that interesting, they still looked good right. And that worm. I hate the fucking worm but it looks good."
    Oh, I thought the detail on the character models, enemy models, and the Akrid was quite excellent. Just the environments felt very empty, cold, and undetailed. Something was missing...WilliamRLBaker said:
    "I loved Lost planet, and all the problems you give i just can't understand. The game had some of the best looking character models in a long time, as for geting knocked on your feet is part of the game I had no problem with it."
    The character models had great detail. To bad it was very poor design. The dude with dreads and goggle's as mentioned in TC's post was almost comical. I couldn't take any scene he was in seriously... :( 
    "
    Blame the japanese for that they believe that any scene no matter how serious needs comic relief that guy was never ment to be taken seriously, Murder and rape are still supposed to have comic relief in japan.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I hate it because, well, it's not on the Wii, of course.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "I hate it because, well, it's not on the Wii, of course."
    Which makes it better. Look at Dead Rising. Lawls and a half!
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By Red

Clunky controls, horrible story, pointless platforming sections, the thermal stuff was crap, I just did not like that game at all.

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By destruktive
    Red said:
    "Clunky controls, horrible story, pointless platforming sections, the thermal stuff was crap, I just did not like that game at all."

My reasons too
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By kush

I didn't "hate" the game, but I didn't particularly enjoy the segments where you fought humans rather than the bugs. Actually, I think I can say that I hated how cheap the hardest difficulty was...that shiat is bullshit-poopoo-titty-caca!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.