Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 21, 2006

On a frozen planet, one man fights the elements, ice pirates, and gigantic, hostile insectoid aliens to avenge the murder of his father and regain his lost memories.

Worm Rant (Explicit Language)

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

Even though I have a headache, I just hit myself in the head. I'm so pissed off right now. Trying to play Chapter 3 on Extreme is the worst -- there are no checkpoints (save for the boss fight). I go through the same 10 minute routine, then I run out and try to get the Target Mark and guess what.

The stupid fucking worm eats me.
    Or the stupid fucking worm shoots those explosive pods that knock you down.
    Or the stupid fucking worm shoots those explosive pods that have already knocked you down, but you get up while it's still happening, get hit again, and die.

I'm so glad I could get that out. God damn worm. Oh right, and he shakes the screen so much. My forehead is throbbing right now. Fuck.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Yeah, there are some really bullshit parts to that game.  I haven't even finished the whole thing yet.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

go on easy and kill the worm

then go back to extreme

it will make you feel better 
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

The worm ain't no joke, man.  You've gotta learn the tricks of the trade for that fight.  I don't remember exactly how to do it, as I've only seen cadillac_dro do it over and over again (he's annihilated that damn game).  Either way, I can't remember if it just outright keeps you from being knocked over or if it is a quick recovery from the knockback.

I'll ask him how he went about the whole thing, maybe try to record it and upload it, then I'll hit you back if you haven't already beaten it by then.
    raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By raven_squad

I remember exactly how your feeling right now... that worm was definitely a pain in the ass. 

RichieJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By RichieJohn

i still love this game though even though it does kick your ass. Something very old school about it. 
    Can't wait for the sequel.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf

I went through the whole game not knowing how to zoom in. That game can be really annoying. :p
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By L33tfella_H

Lost Planet was pretty ok, i remember running through alot of the earlier stuff, then somewhere around chapter 4-5, the game started feeling a bit stale..but in general it was ok, i think LP2 might solve most of the issues i had with the first one.

one thing that REALLY bothered me about that game was the recovery animation (it happens EVERY fucking time..a pebble could probably hit you and you'd go through the animation)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.