Lost Planet 3 trailer leak

  • 55 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by BlackLagoon (1325 posts) -
Online
#2 Edited by Village_Guy (2410 posts) -

Come on, Legendary was aweso... awesom... awes... aw... awe... alright! Fuck it! It was terrible.

Hmm, the trailer was decent, but it doesn't really tell us anything useful about the game(play). Also why is it back to snow again? I didn't play Lost Planet 2 but didn't they say that the climate had changed and the snow was all gone?

#3 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Coming from the fine pedigree of Legendary : The Box & Turning Point, I expect nothing. How does this shitty studio get permission to make Battlefront 3 and a Lost planet sequel? What the fuck are publishers thinking handing off these strong brands to a shovel-ware company like Spark?

Fuckin' Capcom, man.

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

The trailer looked interesting, but LP2 was a bit of a letdown for me.

#5 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1910 posts) -

@Gizmo said:

Coming from the fine pedigree of Legendary : The Box & Turning Point, I expect nothing. How does this shitty studio get permission to make Battlefront 3 and a Lost planet sequel? What the fuck are publishers thinking handing off these strong brands to a shovel-ware company like Spark?

I imagine it's just one head honcho with a lot of industry contacts.

#6 Posted by probablytuna (3446 posts) -

Do I smell another fine trailer by Blur?

#7 Posted by GunstarRed (4745 posts) -

Uhmmm... Great? So much wasted potential with LP, and I fully expect them to continue wasting it.

#8 Posted by CptBedlam (4441 posts) -

Eh .... why waste money on producing another Lost Planet? I doubt that a lot of gamers care about this mediocre franchise.

#9 Posted by Vorbis (2748 posts) -

There were no jungle pirates in the trailer so that's a positive. LP2 forgot what game it was meant to be and over half the game was shooting dudes and mechs, if they can at least focus on Akrids more it might be an improvement over LP2.

#10 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Capcom is like an abusive parent that doesn't deserve to take care of their child anymore.

Someone put Resident Evil and Lost Planet into care.

#11 Posted by Vitor (2790 posts) -

What is it with Capcom outsourcing to the worst studios available instead of creating their own? I doubt Epic or ND would be interested in working on other people's IP, but they could pull a 343 and just create a decent team out there instead of constantly pulling in mediocre devs.

#12 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

I liked Lost Planet 2. Part of it was weird and broken and then part was like "the way this is weird and broken makes the gameplay interesting". Also, good boss fights. Doesn't happen anymore.

#13 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Lost Planet 2 was so~ awesome that we needed a third game, right?

#14 Edited by bartok (2371 posts) -

GIANT ENEMY ICE CRAB
 
I liked the first Lost Planet and hopefully 2 was just the Devil May Cry 2 of the series.

#15 Posted by Nux (2220 posts) -

I don't see why we need a 3rd lost planet. The first one was ok but the second one was just a mess. I'm just not hopefull for this one.

#16 Posted by JTB123 (1045 posts) -

Never really clicked with the first Lost Planet, but that trailer was pretty awesome.

#17 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -

I loved LP2

#18 Posted by Icemael (6271 posts) -

At this point I'm half expecting Capcom to announce that they're shutting down all of their internal development teams to rely entirely on third-rate Western studios.

#19 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

*sees Spark Unlimited logo*

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

#20 Posted by Hailinel (22741 posts) -

And thus, Inafune's mantra of "western devs are better" continues to be undermined by collaboration with western devs with poor track records.

gg, Capcom.

#21 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -

If they fix the part where the game was Japanese, maybe it will be good.

#22 Posted by iAmJohn (6091 posts) -

So I guess these guys aren't working on Star Wars Battlefront III?

#23 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (664 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

So I guess these guys aren't working on Star Wars Battlefront III?

This was my first reaction.

#24 Posted by Dogma (942 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

And thus, Inafune's mantra of "western devs are better" continues to be undermined by collaboration with western devs with poor track records.

gg, Capcom.

That seems to be their strategy to prove him wrong yeah...

#25 Posted by Mesoian (1570 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

And thus, Inafune's mantra of "western devs are better" continues to be undermined by collaboration with western devs with poor track records.

gg, Capcom.

It really makes me wonder how many western devs turned down the request to work with Capcom given the track record of development nightmares between BlueBox and Capcom Japan.

This was a terrible captivate. Week long embargo for a bunch of trailers showing information that everyone already knew about. Good game Capcom. Way to spend your marketing expenses on an all expenses paid Rome vacation and make your public view look EVEN WORSE THAN IT ALREADY WAS....

#26 Posted by iAmJohn (6091 posts) -

@Mesoian said:

@Hailinel said:

And thus, Inafune's mantra of "western devs are better" continues to be undermined by collaboration with western devs with poor track records.

gg, Capcom.

It really makes me wonder how many western devs turned down the request to work with Capcom given the track record of development nightmares between BlueBox and Capcom Japan.

I would like to know more about this.

#27 Posted by Maystack (898 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

So I guess these guys aren't working on Star Wars Battlefront III?

Time to unfollow them from twitter.

#28 Edited by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -

Giant Enemy Crab

#29 Posted by iAmJohn (6091 posts) -

@ComradeKhan said:

Why isn't that guy wearing a helmet / mask? I don't want to see peoples faces in a Lost Planet game.

You must've really not liked the first one, then.

#30 Posted by Mesoian (1570 posts) -

So what's the over under on girls wearing next to nothing traversing through the frozen tundra?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1MX9vPQ4BQ

::Sigh:: Capcom...Hell, I liked LP2, but the netcode was so god damn broken, I could never play it co-op whenever I wanted to, because capcom doesn't know how to make a netcode for any game that's worth a damn.

All of this sucks. All of this is bad news. Fez needs to cheer me up. Fez or skullgirls.

#31 Posted by themangalist (1679 posts) -

@A_Cute_Squirtle said:

@iAmJohn said:

So I guess these guys aren't working on Star Wars Battlefront III?

This was my first reaction.

Good. Leave our beloved franchise untainted.

#32 Posted by Mesoian (1570 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

@Mesoian said:

@Hailinel said:

And thus, Inafune's mantra of "western devs are better" continues to be undermined by collaboration with western devs with poor track records.

gg, Capcom.

It really makes me wonder how many western devs turned down the request to work with Capcom given the track record of development nightmares between BlueBox and Capcom Japan.

I would like to know more about this.

There are articles from various places where Devs from BlueBox talk about how they were forced to change integral game design in Dead Rising 2 because Capcom Japan "didn't like it", even though they're common western game system archetypes. Stuff surrounding the save system and how you rescue people. It reminded me a lot of the Grim/SquareEnix relationship where it was pretty much completely toxic, and had Capcom not bought out BlueBox, they probably would never work with Capcom again. They're not hard to find. I reccomend trying to find the neogaf thread, it was particularly good.

#33 Posted by Hailinel (22741 posts) -

@Mesoian said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Mesoian said:

@Hailinel said:

And thus, Inafune's mantra of "western devs are better" continues to be undermined by collaboration with western devs with poor track records.

gg, Capcom.

It really makes me wonder how many western devs turned down the request to work with Capcom given the track record of development nightmares between BlueBox and Capcom Japan.

I would like to know more about this.

There are articles from various places where Devs from BlueBox talk about how they were forced to change integral game design in Dead Rising 2 because Capcom Japan "didn't like it", even though they're common western game system archetypes. Stuff surrounding the save system and how you rescue people. It reminded me a lot of the Grim/SquareEnix relationship where it was pretty much completely toxic, and had Capcom not bought out BlueBox, they probably would never work with Capcom again. They're not hard to find. I reccomend trying to find the neogaf thread, it was particularly good.

Oh, you had me confused for a second. The developer was named Blue Castle Games before they were bought. Not BlueBox.

#34 Posted by NTM (7035 posts) -

It's just a trailer, and while it was a cool trailer, it says nothing about how the actual game will play from a quality stand point and has no effect on story.

#35 Posted by Mesoian (1570 posts) -

@Hailinel: Ah, yes. That is correct. Consider me corrected, I'm still PAX-tired.

#36 Posted by web966 (87 posts) -

I dont get Capcom

#37 Posted by Mesoian (1570 posts) -

@web966 said:

I dont get Capcom

#38 Posted by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:

@ComradeKhan said:

Why isn't that guy wearing a helmet / mask? I don't want to see peoples faces in a Lost Planet game.

You must've really not liked the first one, then.

I only played the second one and never saw a single face so i assumed the whole series was like that.... I guess it's not, my mistake.
#39 Posted by august (3812 posts) -
@Gizmo said:

Coming from the fine pedigree of Legendary : The Box & Turning Point, I expect nothing. How does this shitty studio get permission to make Battlefront 3 and a Lost planet sequel? What the fuck are publishers thinking handing off these strong brands to a shovel-ware company like Spark?

Lowest bidder?
#40 Posted by jjnen (659 posts) -

Jeff just tweeted some nice words about a demo he saw:

Jeff Gerstmannjeffgerstmann

I'll have more to say about it in a few spots today, but for those of you poopin' on Lost Planet 3... the demo I saw looked pretty decent.

#41 Posted by JJGIANT (755 posts) -

I just have a feeling this will suck, that might seem unjustifiably unfair seeing as I haven't seen any game play footage but I just have a hunch.

#42 Edited by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -
@Rappelsiini said:

Jeff just tweeted some nice words about a demo he saw:

Jeff Gerstmannjeffgerstmann

I'll have more to say about it in a few spots today, but for those of you poopin' on Lost Planet 3... the demo I saw looked pretty decent.

Apparently someone pooped on Lost Planet?  
EDIT: It was MattBodega
#43 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

What number of people want another Lost Planet game? Did anyone ask for this?

#44 Posted by Mesoian (1570 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

What number of people want another Lost Planet game? Did anyone ask for this?

To be fair, my response was:

Lost Planet 3 : OH DIP! YEAH!

Developed by Spark Unlimited : AH CHRIST! HOW DO YOU MESS THIS UP EVERY TIME!

There's room for LP3, but...man.

#45 Posted by Hailinel (22741 posts) -

@Rappelsiini said:

Jeff just tweeted some nice words about a demo he saw:

Jeff Gerstmannjeffgerstmann

I'll have more to say about it in a few spots today, but for those of you poopin' on Lost Planet 3... the demo I saw looked pretty decent.

"Decent" can mean a lot of things.

#46 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

@Mesoian said:

@Ravenlight said:

What number of people want another Lost Planet game? Did anyone ask for this?

To be fair, my response was:

Lost Planet 3 : OH DIP! YEAH!

Developed by Spark Unlimited : AH CHRIST! HOW DO YOU MESS THIS UP EVERY TIME!

There's room for LP3, but...man.

YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

:P

#47 Posted by jjnen (659 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Rappelsiini said:

Jeff just tweeted some nice words about a demo he saw:

Jeff Gerstmannjeffgerstmann

I'll have more to say about it in a few spots today, but for those of you poopin' on Lost Planet 3... the demo I saw looked pretty decent.

"Decent" can mean a lot of things.

He took the time address people who are dooming the whole game so that bodes well.

#48 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I sort of kind of like the humor. It should be fine. Can't be much worst than Lost Planet 2

#49 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

Unless they change gameplay and several things about this game than I'm not interested. Not going to fall for it because of a trailer. I need a lot more to prove that they've been improving the shit that was Lost Planet 2.

#50 Posted by Legendary (136 posts) -

Is that pre-Starcraft 2 Jim Raynor in that trailer?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.