Should I get this game along with the complete series?

#1 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

I want to watch lost now that its over, I'm never home when its on so I've decided to buy all the seasons on dvd and watch on my schedule. Anyways, does this game add anything to the overall story of lost or is it not even canon?

#2 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

No. Unless you like being kicked in the face with disappointment.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
" No. Unless you like being kicked in the face with disappointment. "
Then tossed down a well. Dropped rocks on. Tossed into the ocean and eaten by a shark. 
#4 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
yeah..... right 
anyways it isnt that great but if u really love lost then its worth the 20$ that ull spend on it
#5 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Meowayne said:
Then tossed down a well. Dropped rocks on. Tossed into the ocean and eaten by a shark.  "
Is it that bad? I don't care if the gameplay is terrible but does the story fit into the LOST series at all?
#6 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

I wasn't talking about the game. 

Also, it doesn't matter if the game's story arc fits into the LOST series. 9 out of 10 story arcs of the series don't even fit in there.

#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Meowayne said:
Then tossed down a well. Dropped rocks on. Tossed into the ocean and eaten by a shark.  "
Is it that bad? I don't care if the gameplay is terrible but does the story fit into the LOST series at all? "
It is a very bad game. DO not get it even know it DOES conenside with the first 70 days 
#8 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

From what I've see and read, it's not an awful game, but it's not very good either. Think mediocre. I would recommend watching the series, but skip the game.

#9 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Just like half of the actual series, this game isn't canonical.

#10 Posted by TurboMan (7551 posts) -

ouch on all the lost hate in here.

#11 Posted by Jason_E_Sigler (122 posts) -

It's great for a minute, maybe two, to think, "Hey! I'm walking on the same beach as Locke! There goes Vincent! Hey Michael, how does it feel that you'll basically be written out of the show in a couple of seasons?" but that quickly wears off. What you're left with is some of the easiest Achievements you'll find this side of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

#12 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@RE_Player92: I got it with seasons 1-5 in a deal i could not pass up, the game is SHORT, and maybe a 1.9 out of 5
#13 Posted by lovecreep (166 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
"No. Unless you like being kicked in the face with disappointment."

That's my favorite feeling in the world.
#14 Posted by GioSpy (99 posts) -

I spent $10 for it. I thought it was alright... for $10.

#15 Edited by Milkman (16811 posts) -

The game has an interesting ending but otherwise, no, you shouldn't. Go ahead and buy the series though. Some of the first few seasons is some of the best television ever made.  

EDIT: The thread is 8 months old...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.