hpv's LostWinds (Wii Shop) review

• hpv wrote this review on .
  • hpv has written a total of 5 reviews. The last one was for LostWinds

The Score Whore Ultimate Review: LostWinds

What makes a great game review?  Is it thoughtful analysis of the themes and meaning behind the game?  Is it a detailed list of flaws and successes in mechanics and presentation?

Of course not!  It's the freaking SCORE!

So here it is, The Score Whore Ultimate Review of LostWinds for WiiWare.

Graphics: 9/11
Sound: 8/11
Gameplay: 8/11
Fun: 9/11

Overall: 9/11

* Scoring is on a scale of 0 to 11, because some games are Eternity's Child and some games are Super Mario World.

Other reviews for LostWinds (Wii Shop)

LostWinds Review 0

Wii Ware launched yesterday, and I couldn't wait to get home to download a copy of LostWinds. LostWinds is a 2.5D side-scrolling platformer where you control a little guy named Toku with the nunchuck, and the wind spirit Enril with Wii remote. Toku will automatically jump off of ledges and climb up things, like Zelda games, but will need the aid of Enril to boost him along. By pressing the A button and flicking a gust of air under Toku you can give him an extra boost and get him across longer pa...

Wii's Golden Age Begins 0

WiiWare launched a day before my writing this review, and I'm so very glad the platform is finally here. Though Galaxy was great, and we're still getting some mileage out of Brawl, my family's Wii hasn't seen a whole lot of use as of late. The thing is, we still have three consoles (GCN, PS2 and Xbox, not including GBAs and DSes) from last generation, which have great libraries of games to play, and the Wii hasn't actually wowed us yet with Wii-specific gameplay. Along comes WiiWare, and LostWin...