Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lucius

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 26, 2012

A horror puzzle/adventure game where in a demonic child named Lucius is sent to murder people.

Are there any opinions on this?

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

So, this came out on steam yesterday ... anyone played it yet? Any opinions? ... The game looks interesting and is rather cheap, but I dont feel like I heard enough to drop money on it yet.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2  Edited By impartialgecko

Patrick will probably have something to say about it on the bombcast.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

I just finished it.

I enjoyed it a lot, although mechanically it could be a little better. The game is very linear in that there's only ever one solution for each kill, this isn't Hitman Jr. but the kills themselves are somewhat creative. They're also a lot bloodier and gorier than you'd expect in a game about a devil child offing people. I will say that it's probably a bit too expensive for its length, I managed to complete it in 4 hours.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By gaminghooligan

@dekkadekkadekka: Oh wow 4 hours. Thanks for the info on the length, and also on the kills since I thought it would indeed be like a Hitman Jr. It still looks awesome and I still want to play it a lot, but now I know to wait for a Steam Sale.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By BBAlpert

@dekkadekkadekka said:

I just finished it.

I enjoyed it a lot, although mechanically it could be a little better. The game is very linear in that there's only ever one solution for each kill, this isn't Hitman Jr. but the kills themselves are somewhat creative. They're also a lot bloodier and gorier than you'd expect in a game about a devil child offing people. I will say that it's probably a bit too expensive for its length, I managed to complete it in 4 hours.

Hmmm... I may still check it out, but the length and lack of alternate solutions are kind of disappointing.

dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@gaminghooligan: @BBAlpert: Yeah it's a pretty short game, but there are achievements for playing it for 20 and 40 hours. I guess the developers were expecting players to get drawn into the story and the autonomy of the house?

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By gaminghooligan

wow 40 hours is a lot for any game. I guess there's stuff to find throughout the house? Like collectibles or something?

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

@dekkadekkadekka said:

I just finished it.

Thanks duder, thats an interesting read. I wouldnt mind the length so much, but the lack of "solutions" for kills doesnt sound good.

poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By poser

The thing is I want to support games like this, but the price is a little high considering how mediocre it seems to be.

This is yet another example that there isn't a market for mid-tier games; You either have to make a mainstream title, with a huge budget, or a small "indie" game.

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By EmptyApartment

I played about 4 1/2 hours of it last night, still have not finish it yet. So far I think it's okay, was a a bit worried since I heard some people complaining it was buggy, but didn't really run into that myself. Like dekkadekkadekka said it's linear, which I don't mind too much, but overall just seemed "okay" too me. Definitely going to keep at it and finish it up though.

dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@gaminghooligan said:

wow 40 hours is a lot for any game. I guess there's stuff to find throughout the house? Like collectibles or something?

You can do chores to get up to three gifts, but there's not nearly enough to justify 40 hours of game play. Plus, you get the gifts really quickly; I had two chores outstanding when I got the last gift.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By me3639

I will wait for price drop. I think its too much for what it is. Same for Sherlock Holmes, really $40?

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DeadPan

Game controls like ass with no mouse

Anyone figured out how to combine items using the keyboard? Fucking sucks if you can't

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Marz

was watching a stream of it, kind of a weird... child hitman vibe with this game... don't know if there are multiple ways of killing people.. probably not. Acting is bad though.

Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By Jayzz

Achievements to play the game for 20 then 40 hours seems insane.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By EarlessShrimp

I will certainly have an opinion on it when I buy it tuesday... If I'm not too busy doing race nights or NFS MW...

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Undeadpool

@dekkadekkadekka said:

I just finished it.

I immediately thought of Kagero's/Tecmo's Deception, any similarity there or is it REALLY straightforward?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Akeldama

@DeadPan said:

Anyone figured out how to combine items using the keyboard? Fucking sucks if you can't

Am I missing something here? Why aren't you using a mouse? How the hell did you buy the game without a mouse? Are you from the future?

HighPriest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HighPriest

@Akeldama said:

@DeadPan said:

Am I missing something here? Why aren't you using a mouse? How the hell did you buy the game without a mouse? Are you from the future?

You mean you have to use your hands? That's like a baby's toy!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.