Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 20, 2013

Known as Luigi's Mansion 2 outside of America, this handheld sequel to the 2001 GameCube launch title, Luigi's Mansion, has players control Luigi as he busts ghosts once again.

End Sequence Logic (minimal spoilers)

maskedaprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

After you defeat the final boss and everyone is celebrating, the ghosts get together with Luigi and friends for a commemorative photo. The camera flashes and the photo shows everyone happy and joyous the conflict has been resolved.

The thing that bothers me is that you have used flashes of light to shock/stun the ghosts the entire game. It's a temporary stun that lasts for about a second but the reaction is instantaneous. Was it a slip in the game logic, a desire for a happy ending or a missed opportunity for a quick joke as the photo could have shown the ghosts freaking out.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

@maskedaprentice: I agree, it would've been funnier to take the picture, and then when you see the actual photograph, all the ghosts are stunned/dazed due to the bulb flash.

Alas, missed opportunities.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nightriff

The flash stunned all the ghosts in their place so they wouldn't fuck up the picture?

Also just "beat" the game over this past weekend and I hate this game, terrible difficulty spike at the end with the last mission before the bosses. Terrible design and wasn't fun in anyway.

Boy that feels good to get that off my back.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

@nightriff: My only complaints were that most mansions had one mission that was totally extraneous (usually involving the asshole ghost dog stealing some object and leading you back through a bunch of rooms you've explored already on previous missions). Also, the third mansion (clocktower factory desert thing) was terribly dull. Thankfully, the 4th mansion is much briefer, and then the 5th mansion is pretty good.

Overall, the game didn't grab me as much as the first Luigi's Mansion, where many of the ghosts were unique and you had to solve clever little puzzles to expose said ghosts, or they were minibosses. Dark Moon still has puzzles, but they're all optional because all they get you are the meaningless gems. The game is well made, there just isn't a ton of diversity to what you do in it. Really nice environments and lighting, though, especially when you consider that the 3DS isn't exactly a powerhouse.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@bisonhero: Agreed with everything you state. I haven't played the original but my understanding is its like 6 hours, a much tighter, rewarding experience. The only "mansions" I enjoyed were the 1st and 5th ones, the others got boring quick and yeah, the same mission types over and over again got frustrating, the dog keeps escaping….ugh it was annoying. I really wanted to love the game but felt like something just was always pushing me away from enjoying it. Probably in a few weeks I'll look back on it more fondly but that last mission I played just broke me, it was everything I hated about the game rolled into a 20 minute segment. I'm bumbled my way through the entirety of the game getting 2 star rankings, with often 1 star ranking, now is the time where I need to be a about as perfect as I can be? There was literally no room for error. At least the final part where the ghosts keep spawning from the portal wasn't timed, but I died so maybe it was.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.