Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 20, 2013

Known as Luigi's Mansion 2 outside of America, this handheld sequel to the 2001 GameCube launch title, Luigi's Mansion, has players control Luigi as he busts ghosts once again.

Playing Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for the first time in 2015

CcFfBb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

At the Target sale recently, I picked up the game. I had my eye on it for a long time, and now in 2015, I get a chance to play. So far the game has made me laugh, smile, and think. I realize that the game came out in 2013, but it ranks up there with the best games I've played this year. I have not finished the main game yet, but collecting the gems and finding all the Boos looks to be something fun to do after the story ends.

I would be curious to know if there might be some players who have the game in their backlog and might want to venture back to it at some point.

So, what are your thoughts about the game? Have you played it in the past, or are you like me and playing it for the first time this year? Are you enjoying the game? Did you enjoy it when you last played?

Thanks.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's awesome! My only complaint is that it's a little TOO cartoony. There was a dash of...I don't know, dread in the first one. Hell, one of the ghosts was a baby. A fucking baby. I don't remember the ghosts in Dark Moon being actual people at all. There was something a bit haunting about the first one's ghosts because a lot of them were real people.

A bit of the resident evil style exploration is lost too. the first one was like resident evil for babies and that's awesome. This one was toned down on that. Other than that? Everything in the game is excellent. More than a worthy follow up to the original. I'll happily take a third

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I played through... Like two and a half mansions I think. I really like everything about it stylistically, the story, graphics, everything like that is all great.

But the good thing about Luigi's Mantion on the GameCube (aside from the soundtrack of the generation) was that it was so damn fun to play. Without the second joystick I just don't enjoy playing g it al all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I really enjoyed my time with the game.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#5 riostarwind  Moderator

The highest praise you can give a game like this was that it felt like a Nintendo game even though it was made by Next Level Games. The main issue I had with it was that the ghost variety was rather lacking compared to the first game since you will just fight the same types throughout the entire game. But I really enjoyed it overall and it was a worthy follow up to Luigi's Mansion. I played it back when it first came out.

CcFfBb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanks everyone for your input. I tried Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube a few years ago, but the controls for me did not sit well. I like the tug action that happens when you try and capture a ghost in Dark Moon a lot, and I think that is one of the reasons why I like the game. I have also found that adventuring into a new room gives me a sense of exploration that is very easy to get into. Finding secret areas of money that then I can use to upgrade is also a welcome reward.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.