The Scariest Game Ever Made: Luigi's Mansion!

• 113 results
Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -

Steve and I are playing through the scariest video games ever made, and we're inviting you to witness the terror for yourself! Welcome.. to the Fear Gauntlet!

Well, we're eventually going to play the scariest games ever made. We have to work our way up to that point! We need to ease into it! So join us as we make our way through a gauntlet of increasingly scary games!

#1 Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -

Steve and I are playing through the scariest video games ever made, and we're inviting you to witness the terror for yourself! Welcome.. to the Fear Gauntlet!

Well, we're eventually going to play the scariest games ever made. We have to work our way up to that point! We need to ease into it! So join us as we make our way through a gauntlet of increasingly scary games!

#2 Posted by EuanDewar (4784 posts) -

Play Path of Neo next.

#3 Posted by pickassoreborn (522 posts) -

Watch out for the surprise dog! *windowsmash*

#4 Posted by BeepBeepBoop (95 posts) -

Just watched this, it's great. I am also a complete pansy, so cannot wait for when the games get truly scary.

Also Hip Hop Bodega, when is the album coming out?

#5 Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

I like this so much.

#6 Posted by KarlPilkington (2687 posts) -

Very enjoyable.

#7 Posted by Getz (2989 posts) -

Aren't you guys worried about the sexual tension? It's palpable.

#8 Posted by BeachThunder (11716 posts) -

*Waits patiently for Amnesia*

#9 Posted by Getz (2989 posts) -

Half-life up next?

#10 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

This just gets me even more excited for Luigi's Mansion 2.

#11 Posted by PatVB (328 posts) -

That was hilarious. You guys are amazing.

#12 Posted by Philzpilz (225 posts) -

Oh intern content. So much worse than regular content, but somehow just as compelling!

But seriosuly, you open a wardrobe and a ghost is inside, and somehow you don't yell monster closet? Missed opportunity.

#13 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

This reminds me how much I absolutely love Luigi's Mansion.

#14 Posted by JeanLuc (3574 posts) -

I would love to see this as an actual feature on the site.

#15 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

You guys are wussies! 

I'm actually a huge wuss and only recently have I been able to play through some of the first Resident Evil games. The REmake is still far too scary for me, though.

#16 Posted by tobygw (580 posts) -

I was legitimately scared of Luigi's Mansion back in the day.

#17 Posted by SlashDance (1806 posts) -

The main giantbomb crew should do more things like this. It's been a while since we've seen new stuff.

#18 Posted by JJOR64 (18913 posts) -

This is already better Betting the FarmVille.

#19 Posted by ESREVER (2671 posts) -

Just go head first into Fatal Frame 2. That's what made me immune to scary games. Ok, immune is stretching it. Lets say, more tolerable of scary games.

#20 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3023 posts) -

This is a fantastic idea... provided you do, eventually, make it to the scary games.  And don't save Silent Hill 2 for last- the scary-ness of that game is extremely overrated outside of maybe one or two short areas where the tension is really great.

#21 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

System Shock 2 should be the final boss.

#22 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

What a wonderful idea for a show, Matt Kessler. I hope you eventually make it to Siren: Blood Curse because there's nothing scarier than being a little girl alone in the hospital at night.

#23 Posted by Crocio (542 posts) -

Intern content is too good, perhaps rivaling Jeff or Vinny content.

#24 Posted by megajew (16 posts) -

All of the Fatal Frame games, they scared the sh*t out of me. I hate ghosts lol.

#25 Edited by Redbullet685 (6029 posts) -

This is gonna be good.
Edit: Yes! Clock Tower is on the list! That game was scary as shit when I was young.

#26 Posted by spilledmilkfactory (1845 posts) -

That ending was so great. I remember my vision quest to be able to endure scary games began with Luigi's Mansion as well, and it actually worked

#27 Posted by Sayishere (1839 posts) -

Luigis mansion was such a joy to play.

#28 Posted by megajew (16 posts) -

Luigi's Mansion was my first last gen game. Played it so many times.

#29 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

I wish they would let you post these in the actual video section...

#30 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11492 posts) -

Luigi's Mansion wasn't scary, even when I was 8. I can't wait for when you guys get to stuff that is actually disturbing instead of just Nintendo-y.

#31 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10548 posts) -

Cool.

#32 Posted by MachoFantastico (4509 posts) -

That was entertaining and excited for when you actually get to some real scary games.

Forgot how wonderfully animated Luigi's Mansion was, still looks great.

Video seems to be broken at the end for me. Can we also have them slightly longer of possible. Great stuff.

#33 Posted by Sweep (8826 posts) -

How long until Amnesia, then?

#34 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

@ESREVER said:

Just go head first into Fatal Frame 2. That's what made me immune to scary games. Ok, immune is stretching it. Lets say, more tolerable of scary games.

Oh god when I decided to walk down that one small hallway with the barred window.....

Those damn kids.

#35 Posted by GodsMistakeXx (134 posts) -

Good luck with amnesia. You'll need it.

#36 Posted by Tordah (2471 posts) -

Luigi's Mansion is awesome. Now I kinda want to play it again after seeing this.

#37 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Condemned!

#38 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

I loved that game. Great segment you guys are warming up nicely 

#39 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I have an old EGM review of this game. Checkout this scan and how one dude used the controller.

#40 Posted by KarlPilkington (2687 posts) -

This was better then some of the recent GB quick looks.

#41 Posted by chilibean_3 (1625 posts) -

I like this idea for a series.

#42 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Oh and cool series guys.

Thumbs Up
#43 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3023 posts) -

I have to ask what version of Clock Tower you'll be playing.  The old PS1 version gave me nightmares throughout my middle school years.

#44 Posted by ZombiePie (5588 posts) -

I still think that Luigi's Mansion is garbage.

#45 Posted by Heltom92 (706 posts) -
@Grissefar said:

What a wonderful idea for a show, Matt Kessler. I hope you eventually make it to Siren: Blood Curse because there's nothing scarier than being a little girl alone in the hospital at night.

Oh shit thoses parts as the little girl were so damn scary. Especially the bit where you are trapped in that house with the crazy family.
#46 Posted by ShadowVirus (793 posts) -
@tobygw said:

I was legitimately scared of Luigi's Mansion back in the day.

#47 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

The interns are running the asylum! Also if you have to play any Silent Hill game, Silent Hill 3 is without a doubt the scariest. It may not have the best story, which counts for a lot with a SH game, but where it matters the most for a feature like this--the scares--then SH3 is definitely the one you should check out.

#48 Posted by Benjamimmy (565 posts) -

Nice work Dudes!! Good stuff!

#49 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3023 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
The interns are running the asylum! Also if you have to play any Silent Hill game, Silent Hill 3 is without a doubt the scariest. It may not have the best story, which counts for a lot with a SH game, but where it matters the most for a feature like this--the scares--then SH3 is definitely the one you should check out.
I always thought 3 had the best story, but was the least frightening.  It might just be because Heather is kind of a badass.
#50 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

is it wrong for me to want to hear Kessler scream? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.