Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 12, 2009

A remake of Lunar: The Silver Star on the PSP.

Lunar Demo Now Availble On Japanese Store

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138

Cool trailer . Shame it will never come over here

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Awe man, I love Lunar! I still own the two remakes on the PlayStation.

So this is gonna be a port of the Saturn/PlayStation remakes? Is new content gonna be added to the PSP game?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Kou_Leifoh said:

" Awe man, I love Lunar! I still own the two remakes on the PlayStation.  So this is gonna be a port of the Saturn/PlayStation remakes? Is new content gonna be added to the PSP game? "

In answer to your question, yes, and I imagine so.  It's been developed by Game Arts with input from fans so I reckon new content is likely. 

I had the Saturn game. 

EDIT: 

I have hope this will come here if it does well in Japan, Game Art's have been releasing a few games in the West of late.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

I believe Lunar does have a fan based outside of Japan. 

I remember being excited for Lunar: Dragon Song on the DS, until I saw the reception for that game. . .

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

It sure does, there are a few fan sites still in existence if you rummage around. 

This will not be able to do the same, I mean how could it, the game looks gorgeous and has clearly been created for fans.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @eckster said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    " Cool trailer . Shame it will never come over here "
    The US demo just came out on america's PSN. Guess it is. "
    I mean the EU
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Axersia

Just played the US demo, and I must say... not that great of a game. The character sprites look ugly, the battle interface and menus look very amateur and out of place if you ask me, the anime cutscenes are pillarboxed (I understand they recycled them, but y'know, maybe it's time they just redid them?), the sound effects are too loud which forces me to turn down the volume and prevents me from enjoying the music, the battles are too slow (I can accept slow battles when they're deep and involving, but this game's battle system is no deeper than that of a Dragon Quest game -- there's no reason for the characters to run around the screen), it has loading times that are lengthier than in any other 2D RPG I've played on the PSP and you can expect to see them whenever you go from one screen to the next (at this point, having the game load whenever you enter a house in an RPG just isn't acceptable on the PSP -- especially not if it's a downloadable game), and finally, you need to press R to dash (or at least the developer's idea of what a "dash" is -- it's barely any different from your normal walking speed). That's right, R to dash. WTF? It's a frickin turn-based RPG, any face button would've sufficed -- why do they make me press the PSP's sucky R button to dash?

Now, I understand this is a demo and they even give you a disclaimer right before you start playing that it might not be indicative of the final product, but let's be honest here, most of these problems aren't fixed in the full version. The option menu was inaccessible in the demo so hopefully that fixes some of my gripes with the game (I know this game has been out in Japan for quite some time now but I can't be bothered to look it up), but so far it looks like I'm gonna have to take a pass on this. The GBA version was far more enjoyable IMO even though that's supposed to be the crappy dumbed down version of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.